Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Tauntaun Hoth Mystery

Jenemi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can some please post a list of Dead Tauntauns and that wampa cave coordinates for me to try with the buff? It only last and hour and id prefer to not waste time. :) (I really really need the dead mother coords. I feel like that one has Best result chance)

-W

Can some please post a list of Dead Tauntauns and that wampa cave coordinates for me to try with the buff? It only last and hour and id prefer to not waste time. :) (I really really need the dead mother coords. I feel like that one has Best result chance)

-W

Hey, the dead tauntaun coordinates can be found in the first post under "coordinates worth looking into"; it has been updated. As for the dead mother and her baby, as well as the wompa cave, people have mentioned finding them but no coordinates have yet been posted. I'll let you know if anyone posts them today.

Cheers.

Edited by DrossHoplite

Based on these statements, one can assume that we're potentially looking for an area with a dead tauntaun (such as the coordinates I've previously posted which are now part of the original post, thanks to Jenemi) or perhaps a wampa cave with a dead tauntaun inside.

I don't have the jerky... but what about the wampa cave in the zone of the ancient probe?

Maybe killing Wampas there will make something come out...

Can you provide coordinates for the 'wampa cave in the zone of the ancient probe' for those who are also searching? Thanks!

I may be wrong, but this should be the cave

Here is the location of the cave, but since I'm away from the PC I may be wrong... sorry if I am :o

PS: maybe the link of the location only works with Chrome... let me know

It's probably been mentioned, but I don't see it in the first post, so I will add that there is a third dead tauntaun in the White Maw area around 1980, -1046 (Glacial Fissure, Terror Brigade Compound).

I know there were a couple Ilum mini tauntauns on the test server, but some people suspect they were just bugs. Once I'm lvl 50 I'll definitely be checking out Ilum anyways though.

OK ran past abunch of groups of lost tauntauns and nothing happened. Still looking for afore mention "dead mother tauntaun". I found dead tauntauns but not sure if they were the dead mother. What makes the dead mother tauntaun distinct from other corpses?

-W

Just got some Ice Scrabbler Livers from Scavenging Wampas (lvl 37elite) in the vicinity of -1150, -675. There are also dead Tauntauns in the area.

edit: One of them also dropped [birthright Offhand Weapon Construction Kit]

Edited by dbrant

I may be wrong, but this should be the cave

Here is the location of the cave, but since I'm away from the PC I may be wrong... sorry if I am :o

PS: maybe the link of the location only works with Chrome... let me know

Hey, these should work in any browser, I've opened them in both Firefox and Explorer.

Have you tried getting to the cave at these coordinates X: -3516 Y: 155 and trying to find the tauntaun using the "jerky buff" and the NVSCCS?

We really need coordinates of those supposed 'dead mother' tauntauns... Anyone?

Also, the coordinates in the first post concerning the dead tauntauns are correct, I've previously verified myself... perhaps this means the corpses can spawn in different locations? That would increasingly hint at their importance if they shift/change positions... Perhaps to find the tauntaun you need to be in the right place at the right time? This mystery is getting increasingly difficult to solve, oh boy >.<

Also, the coordinates in the first post concerning the dead tauntauns are correct, I've previously verified myself... perhaps this means the corpses can spawn in different locations? That would increasingly hint at their importance if they shift/change positions... Perhaps to find the tauntaun you need to be in the right place at the right time? This mystery is getting increasingly difficult to solve, oh boy >.<

interesting. But yes, someone please post at LEAST the general area of the dead mother tauntaun.

-W

Either it's getting more difficult or we are overthinking it as we get more obsessed with this haha.

Another theory I thought of was that the mention of spaceport in the NVSCCS doesn't mean you find a tauntaun there but you take the jerky somewhere and with the buff a tauntaun will follow you and you can guide it to the spaceport for capture with the NVSCCS. We still have to find the Tauntaun first either way lol. Just a theory for when we do and maybe a theory to get us to stop focusing on spaceports for a place to find the tauntaun.

That said, I'll roam hoth again with the Jerky. Question, since the liver is so hard to come by should I hold onto it incase I find some place to insert it or risk taking it and trying to lure with the buff?

Just a thought but due to the wording of both the jerky and the NVSCCS is it possible that you use the jerky In the spaceport, Sit there, be patient, and eventually a tauntaun baby approaches you and you use the NVSCCS on it?

this is also a theory to try being used around the dead mother tauntaun, if we ever find out where that was located again.

That said, I'll roam hoth again with the Jerky. Question, since the liver is so hard to come by should I hold onto it incase I find some place to insert it or risk taking it and trying to lure with the buff?

At this point in time, taking the "jerky buff" is the only concrete lead we have. Ultimately the decision is yours, but I would suggest taking it only once you have a list of concrete locations to explore, such as the dead tauntauns, the 'dead mother tauntaun', the wompa cave, etc.

One thing I noticed on the NVSCCS was the mention that the item is used to capture critters it is attuned to. Perhaps the Dead Mother Tauntauns are something to attune the item on, then play with the jerky in the spaceport, perhaps?

NOTE: I didn't read all the pages, so if I'm repeating, ignore me. :)