Rocket Boost sucks and I want my 2 Million back please

Herboss

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's really not much in the legacy system that's truly useful to game play. Just cosmetic/convenience stuff that's really only intended for the uber rich to have something to spend their piles of credits on. (Read: money sink) Even the GTN for your ship is the useless neutral one. Don't waste your money.

P.S. If people don't waste their money on this crap they might actually put something useful in later. /shrug

Edited by Serbegorn

There's really not much in the legacy system that's truly useful to game play. Just cosmetic/convenience stuff that's really only intended for the uber rich to have something to spend their piles of credits on. (Read: money sink) Even the GTN for your ship is the useless neutral one. Don't waste your money.

P.S. If people don't waste their money on this crap they might actually put something useful in later. /shrug

If everyone had the neutral GTN it would be very useful, but at this point in time hardly anyone will be legacy level 25 or be able to afford it. It will probably be useful in a years time or so...

Does Rocket Boost break stealth?

More Vroom-Vroom for my stealthers would be worth it to me, especially my poor Operative who feels like a lame dog when stealthed compared to my Assassin with Force Speed.

The rocket boost is a vehicle, therefore can't use in stealth.

Legacy should be renamed Luxury. It's all a bunch of useless crap with no other intention than for rich players to dump their money into, period. The quicker people realize that the better.

I can't wait for people to start crying about the 5 million they spent on the NEUTRAL GTN terminals, lol. Useless crap.

This works great for toons before they get speeders. It looks cool. You can activate it while moving. I understand why it isn't allowed in warzones, and why it isn't allowed in combat.

What I don't understand is why this is treated as a vehicle. The devs said it was a new form of sprint, not a temporary vehicle. It can't be used anywhere a vehicle can't be used, so post level 25, there's really no point to it. This ability is way overpriced for such limited use.

If this was changed so we could use rocket boost outside of combat, warzones, etc, but inside of areas vehicles can't go, like say large buildings, it would be worth the 4.5 million I paid for it.

Anyone who bought this thinking it was gonna be extremely useful clearly took their crazy pills prior to purchase. Number one, it was pretty obvious if you watched/read anything referring to the legacy purchases that most features are meant to be mostly cosmetic or fun in nature. BW stated several times in their preview video about legacy features that these unlockables were meant to be for fun and had limited uses.

Number two, did you honestly think they were going to give everyone their own little version of Force Speed or something?

I'll bet you thought the unarmed Valor skills were gonna make you a dps god too huh?

I'm not trying to be a jerk but cmon guys...

That being said, while I don't have it myself, I imagine it still has some use. Its probably pretty handy in indoor areas you've already cleared out and want to get back outside a bit faster. There is definitely some use in the skill as long as you don't expect it to be something more than it is which is a glorified emote.

And besides... what else are you gonna spend money on anyway? Another oversized tin can speeder? My money goes towards a little crafting and repairs and swapping mods at 50... Thats about all there is besides useless extras like pets, speeders and things like...rocket boost!

Edited by KeepMeOnPins

As mentioned above, it's a Legacy ability, which among all the other Legacy abilities, has limited use, which has been well documented, and you had every chance to not spend your money. If you fail to do your research, despite Bioware's literal flood of information, it's your own fault.

Is your companion active while you have rocket boost on? Can you be "knocked off" like you can for vehicles?

If yes to the companion and no to "knocking off" then it seems quite handy for boosting past bottle necks of mobs.

That being said, while I don't have it myself, I imagine it still has some use. Its probably pretty handy in indoor areas you've already cleared out and want to get back outside a bit faster. There is definitely some use in the skill as long as you don't expect it to be something more than it is which is a glorified emote

thr only function it has is to provide a level 3 speeder for 12s to all your toons on the same server every 2min/1.5min/30s. That means you can't use it in unmountable areas.

That and to look cool for that short duration, and maybe the lack of .5s mounting time.

It is a mount, so your companion disappears, you probably will get knocked off if dmged enough, haven't tried.

What I don't understand is why this is treated as a vehicle. The devs said it was a new form of sprint, not a temporary vehicle. It can't be used anywhere a vehicle can't be used, so post level 25, there's really no point to it. This ability is way overpriced for such limited use.

If this was changed so we could use rocket boost outside of combat, warzones, etc, but inside of areas vehicles can't go, like say large buildings, it would be worth the 4.5 million I paid for it.

Woah, thank you. You just saved me a lot of money. I was thinking of buying it to get out of caves / indoor faster.

But only being usable when vehicles are usable is just not worth the money for me.

Sorry to say but there is not a single thing out for legacy that I would spend money on, and not because I can't afford it but because I refuse to throw credits away to appease their attempt at credit sinks. I hope in 1.3 something they put out for legacy abilities will actually be worth spending money on. So far all we have is a bunch of worthless things that cost far too much.

Woah, thank you. You just saved me a lot of money. I was thinking of buying it to get out of caves / indoor faster.

But only being usable when vehicles are usable is just not worth the money for me.

Agreed. Thank the OP for getting the details on Rocket Boost. This was the one Legacy perk I was most excited about. Now at first I thought it was going to be unlocked for free with a high legacy level. Then you could have the option to buy it for a lot of credits somewhere down the line. At least that's what I gathered from the Guild Summit.

Unfortunately, even though I'm legacy level 36, I still have to pay 4.5 million credits to get it. And now I find out it can't be used in PvP, flashpoints or even caves? I was just about to pay for this luxury tomorrow. Thank god I read this post first. I'll keep my credits thanks. :)

Yeah I was excited about this ability too... but, It's not permanent, only lasts 12 seconds, Its not faster than a speeder, can't be used in combat, can't be used indoors, can't be used in stealth...

Yup, kinda sucks...

why didnt u just read about it on PTS forums? it was already stated before 1.2 was live that it would not work in PVP.. So its your own fault for waisting 2mill in first place..

Something is systemically seriously wrong with what Bioware does here if you have to haunt the forums and search the Internet just to find out what you're buying.

Apparently nobody on the design team has heard much about documentation or the promulgation of information since just learning to use the user interface is a case of trial and error, to say nothing of figuring out stuff like this. Thanks to the OP for the heads-up, I wasn't about to buy it but now I'm definitely never going to.

Essentially, this is an invisible vehicle that you get to stay mounted on for 12 seconds, from what I can gather. Doesn't seem like a hot deal.

why didnt u just read about it on PTS forums? it was already stated before 1.2 was live that it would not work in PVP.. So its your own fault for waisting 2mill in first place..

I believe most of us knew we couldn't use it in combat.

When buying the rocket boost it says "Unlock use of personal rocket boosters on all characters. The rocket boots provide a brief, intense burst of speed for a short duration".

The tooltip "Activates a personal jet propulsion unit that increases your movement speed by 110% for 12 seconds. Cannot use while in combat."

No where did it say it was a vehicle that you couldn't use in non-wz/pvp area's where vehicles could not be used such as in caves or buildings.

This works great for toons before they get speeders. It looks cool. You can activate it while moving. I understand why it isn't allowed in warzones, and why it isn't allowed in combat.

QFT.

This is my exact feelings on it. I purchased this having a strong feeling that it wouldn't be usable in Warzones and combat but what I really wanted was something to keep up with those guys with force sprint in places that you can't mount.

Edited by Voren_Kurn

Rocket Boots I am disappoint. I was really looking forward to boosting my speed in situations where I couldn't use a mount. I thought my days of gingerly walking back from wipes was over. But no, for some inexplicable reason, Rocket Boots are treated as a mount. They're pretty much useless except for pre level 25 alts. They could have been so much more. I totally understand why they aren't usable in Warzones but restricting them as a mount makes them a waste of money. Actually, all of the Legacy unlocks are pretty crappy. I want a refund!