Moving Battlemaster chest piece gear to orange doesnt transfer set bonus

RefugeASSASSIN

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I not understanding this right? I thought with 1.2 you could pull out your Mods on PVP gear, put them in regular orange gear and get the set bonus that transfers? I.E 4 piece stalker gear gets you another charge of Recklessness etc?

war hero, not BM has the set bonus in the armoring.

The set bonus armorming only applies to the new armor sets.

So if you have old rakata or old BM gear the armoring wont contain te set bonus.

If you went and got a new rakata item tonight, it has the set bonus on the armoring.

Bioware, go figure.

So if you have old rakata or old BM gear the armoring wont contain te set bonus.

If you went and got a new rakata item tonight, it has the set bonus on the armoring.

Bioware, go figure.

Yeah it cost me about 180k to figure that out :(

Yup, set bonus will not come off of pre 1.2 armor.

No Ranked warzones? Ok, at least I'll be able to get rid of this awful looking Assassin pvp gear and put it into the social armor I want.

Whats that, I can't get the set bonus to transfer because MY FULL BM SET is from PRE 1.2 which apparently WAS A WASTE to get.

Oh sure, I could just convert my current BM set into War Hero so I could get my set bonus. But wait.... I would need Ranked Warzone comms for that, which convert at 3:1 from WZ comms, yeah we all know how fast that goes.

Why not just run Ranked WZs to get the comms you need? Oh wait, that was taken out the day before.

Great patch, /golfclap

Bioware, go figure.

***? They straight up said the opposite during the guild summit.

Yeah basically it's down to this.

If you worked really hard grinding forever to get valor 60 or 70 or whatever, just to get your full BM gear...not only does your valor rank not mean anything anymore, because anybody can wear your armour now...

But now, they teased you with custom armour, then took it away last minute. And the only thing you can do now is grind endlessly for new War Hero gear which is ridiculously ugly, just to spend a million credits to pull all the mods out and put it into something you enjoy wearing...

all at the risk of having ALL of your armour useless again because you switched the mods around, so the next time Bioware completely revamps the system your old gear won't transfer over to the new system and you will be left with subpar crap that any level 50 can have for a few hundred thousand credits.

Fun!

Edited by Frankee

If you worked really hard grinding forever to get valor 60 or 70 or whatever, just to get your full BM gear...not only does your valor rank not mean anything anymore, because anybody can wear your armour now...

But now, they teased you with custom armour, then took it away last minute. And the only thing you can do now is grind endlessly for new War Hero gear which is ridiculously ugly, just to spend a million credits to pull all the mods out and put it into something you enjoy wearing...

all at the risk of having ALL of your armour useless again because you switched the mods around, so the next time Bioware completely revamps the system your old gear won't transfer over to the new system and you will be left with subpar crap that any level 50 can have for a few hundred thousand credits.

Fun!

That about sums it up. I guarantee you not one of the devs ever earned War Hero rank or got themselves a full set of Battlemaster gear to test their own system. They seem to be just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks.

It doesnt make any sense at all. Why screw over the people who got bm the patch. A lot of us were under the assumption as long as we have the original mods it shouldnt be a problem.

There's no logic to it where we have to purchase post 1.2 gear just to be put into orange gear.

Ive reinstalled original mods into Bm gear especially so I can swap to w/e i want to.

I wasted around 1mil o swap mods..and set bonus was non-existent..a bunch of crap

I paid less, but for the same reason. I had hoped to get a new look at least with the new WH unrated set until I could put together a rated set properly (swapping BM to them also). To make matters worse, I had heard that Rakata would transfer, wasted 100k+ to not see a bonus on the helm. I'm out about 650k credits now. No idea what tomorrows patch will bring, maybe I should have bought enough beverages to cover the after-effect of that too, you know, just in case it gets even better.

Bioware, go figure.

Actually, it doesn't. I just bought a Battlemaster Stalker's Robe a few minutes ago, and the set bonus won't follow my armor mod into my orange chestpiece.

Sooooo...

I am hoping this is just a bug and part of the patch this morning. I have heard though that the set bonus transfer is only active with the newly released sets so who knows. THis does seem to be a complete contradiction to what we were told and I am also out several hundred thousand creds moving things out and back as I am a loser and did not check the set bonus as i moved things.

if i look @ bm/warhero at merchant window,i see no difference

how do you tell if the armoring has a bonus and how to tell if not ?

not sure if "new" bm/warhero pieces work.....

(crited 3p of warhero,rest in work,can only use 1 since i lose set bonus else)

Edited by gwrtheyn

Fun!

That about sums it up. I guarantee you not one of the devs ever earned War Hero rank or got themselves a full set of Battlemaster gear to test their own system. They seem to be just throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks.

Yup. :w_confused:

Well it cost me 37k per mod swap (6 pieces out, 6 pieces back in, total of around 500k) to find out that even the War Hero crafted armor that requires rank 70 doesnt give you the set bonus even with a mod swap from your bm gear.

What a joke, whats the point in it?

Actually it does transfer, even from pre-1.2 BUT it is bugged. The set bonus is moved but the text isn't.

Easiest way to test this is to strip your armorings, put them into a custom piece. If the set bonus is like "Increases range of Shock by 5m" or something of the sort check the ability in question. Or even hover your mouse over the now empty shell and it should say that you got X amount of pieces equipped.

At first I was heartbroken as well cause I wanted to wear this cool set I had found. But than I noticed that my Force Slow was 15m instead of 10. So I hovered over my previous Battlemaster Chest that was now empty and it said "2/5: Battlemaster Stalker Chest, Battlemaster Stalker Headpiece"

Edited by Elshagan

Actually it does transfer, even from pre-1.2 BUT it is bugged. The set bonus is moved but the text isn't.

Easiest way to test this is to strip your armorings, put them into a custom piece. If the set bonus is like "Increases range of Shock by 5m" or something of the sort check the ability in question. Or even hover your mouse over the now empty shell and it should say that you got X amount of pieces equipped.

At first I was heartbroken as well cause I wanted to wear this cool set I had found. But than I noticed that my Force Slow was 15m instead of 10. So I hovered over my previous Battlemaster Chest that was now empty and it said "2/5: Battlemaster Stalker Chest, Battlemaster Stalker Headpiece"

Then I will spend the credits to test the theory once the servers come up.

Here is what we have folks, according to the above poster, set bonuses are transferring, but are not being shown when moused over the new gear.

Edited by Lamendra