Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

anybody learned an orange schematic through RE yet?

Almghty_gir

Hello everyone - if you can obtain a schematic through reverse engineering, you'll see a tooltip that indicates that research is available. If you see "No Research Available" on the tooltip, reverse engineering that item won't grant a schematic. Hope this clears things up a little!

Im armormech. What about the orange items that say research is available with Armormech (1) yeah one, and then when you try to RE it you get the message "This item cant be reversed engineered"

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "infamous" RE Tooltip also seems to be missing from the French localisation client....

On the "increased" chance of schematic, this seems particularly true for "green" to "blue"... the first 3 green RE's (RE from green I made myself to unlock the blue schem)... bing bing and big : 3 tries and got all three blue variants.

Seems a bit too easy... I am currently the ONLY armstech that provides at least one variant of the purple schematic for pistols, canons and riffles for all levels (9,13,17,21,25,29,33,37,41 and 45) ...... because I have always been a MMO crafter and I spent lot's of credits to fuel my RE'ing frenzy... and lots of time collecting my own mats...

I have had just little time before the server went down to try some "blue" to "purple" RE... and I hope the success rate has not been too significantly improved, otherwise I feel I have wasted so much before 1.2....

The "infamous" RE Tooltip also seems to be missing from the French localisation client....

On the "increased" chance of schematic, this seems particularly true for "green" to "blue"... the first 3 green RE's (RE from green I made myself to unlock the blue schem)... bing bing and big : 3 tries and got all three blue variants.

Seems a bit too easy... I am currently the ONLY armstech that provides at least one variant of the purple schematic for pistols, canons and riffles for all levels (9,13,17,21,25,29,33,37,41 and 45) ...... because I have always been a MMO crafter and I spent lot's of credits to fuel my RE'ing frenzy... and lots of time collecting my own mats...

I have had just little time before the server went down to try some "blue" to "purple" RE... and I hope the success rate has not been too significantly improved, otherwise I feel I have wasted so much before 1.2....

I crafted a purple bracer and there was no chance listed to RE it into a schem.

I crafted a purple bracer and there was no chance listed to RE it into a schem.

READ my q&a page before. YOU CAN'T LEARN ORANGE BRACER & BELT RECIPE FROM RE or by ANY OTHER MEANS. U just CAN't.

People i knew of all those changes Way BEFORE they were released on LIVE because i had the guts to ask and check PTS.

You had also questions and answers WITH developers, many threads on both PTS and Crafting about that. You just didn't bothered to read those...

Thats the funny thing with mmos, people ask for uniqueness, yet, expect everone to use the same spec to everything, in the end, you are never satisfied, i am just glad you can learn more from RE'ing, i mean people have crafted 100 items and never learnt the blue from it.

READ my q&a page before. YOU CAN'T LEARN ORANGE BRACER & BELT RECIPE FROM RE or by ANY OTHER MEANS. U just CAN't.

People i knew of all those changes Way BEFORE they were released on LIVE because i had the guts to ask and check PTS.

You had also questions and answers WITH developers, many threads on both PTS and Crafting about that. You just didn't bothered to read those...

Hey, screaming jackhole, I was telling the person I quoted that REing a purple was useless since they were having issues with the French Client.

Edited by illgot

Hey, screaming jackhole, I was telling the person I quoted that REing a purple was useless since they were having issues with the French Client.

Listen to me "you illegitimate child of a teletubbie", there is no need to be unpolite and calling someone by "jackholes".

I saw many coments above you that were asking the same thing over and over again, so i had sent them to the Q&A above.

From the start ill answer your questions ebcause i see you are confused.

Q: Can i learn orange schematic from RE'ing orange item?

A: You can learn schematic ONLY when you have the tooltip research available and ONLY if it's craftable. NO YOU CAN'T LEARN RANDOM DROP/QUEST REWARD ITEMS.

Q: Where can i get the schematics then?

A: You have two options:

1) Run missions of your crafting class (ie. armormech runs Underworld Trade) and you have a chance to get new or old (pre 1.2) schematic as an additional mission discovery

2) Buy PVP BM/WH recipe boxes for aproprate set and learn them (you will learn also gloves and boots which is nice). THE DOWNSIDE IS THAT TO WEAR THEM U NEED TO HAVE VALOR RANK 60 or 70.

Q: When i RE item that have indicated that "research is available" what can i get?

A: If you do so with PURPLE item, you have a chance to get the SAME item SHELL (empty orange). You have also small chance to get CRITED SHELL WITH additonal AUGMENT SLOT.

Q: And what with Bracers and belts, can i learn somehow to make them?

A: NO you cant. Nether u cant get their schematics from RE. (So no orange bracers/belts with augment slot in 1.2).

Hope i helped you :)

Thank you so very much!

:)

Unless an item clearly states 'Research Available', there is no chance for learning anything from it through reverse engineering.

Well, thank you for clearly articulating the mistake. This was EXACTLY what the community wanted, and was expecting, but was not delivered. Many players believed that update 1.2 would allow them to level up gear to Artifact, and then have the chance to RE the item for a chance at learning the Custom variant. They were also expecting to be able to RE Custom items, but that clearly isn't the case either.

Perhaps more clearly defining how the system was going to work, rather than using marketing videos and language in your patch notes would have prevented this blowback, and provided valuable feedback from the community on this system. Allowing players to "copy" their leveled characters with full crafting skills to the test server, instead of asking them to go through the tedium of grinding out another character, would go along way toward receiving better feedback.

Edited by KanderRennik

Well, thank you for clearly articulating the mistake. This was EXACTLY what the community wanted, and was expecting, but was not delivered. Many players believed that update 1.2 would allow them to level up gear to Artifact, and then have the chance to RE the item for a chance at learning the Custom variant. They were also expecting to be able to RE Custom items, but that clearly isn't the case either.

Perhaps more clearly defining how the system was going to work, rather than using marketing videos and language in your patch notes would have prevented this blowback, and provided valuable feedback from the community on this system. Allowing players to "copy" their leveled characters with full crafting skills to the test server, instead of asking them to go through the tedium of grinding out another character, would go along way toward receiving better feedback.

part of the reason some of us believed this was posters were coming onto the forums and telling us this is how it works on the test forums. One poster in particular was very vocal about how it worked on the test servers when in fact we now know he was just lying to prove a point.

Here is what i have done. i was never under the impression that you could RE anything and everything for a schematic. But I did send out my minions on TH missions and behold 2 came back with schemes for orange lightsabers. I then built a number of those LS and behold 2 of the 6-7 i built were crit with a new aug slot. That is it so far...well that and re on thing i already could build found new aritifact types...still purple 22s.

Since you are following this thread, I would like to ask you Mr. Zoeller. If an item says research available, does that mean that you can RE and get a moddable item schematic? I know it means you can A schematic...you have said that. But does it mean that we can get A MODDABLE schematic?

Please just answer these questions specifically if you respond to my post and not just general comments about the crafting systems.

Thanks,

Hahnzo

Hello everyone - if you can obtain a schematic through reverse engineering, you'll see a tooltip that indicates that research is available. If you see "No Research Available" on the tooltip, reverse engineering that item won't grant a schematic. Hope this clears things up a little!

Hello AllysonBerryman - If you could let the developers know that they should just add an A-tab because so far they've only frustrated everyone and everything that plays this game with their crappy (lack of) choice in armor and color patterns, which are a result of them needlessly trying to reinvent the wheel, that would be grrrrrrrrrrreat. Hope this clears things up a little!

Edited by BlazingShadow

RE system is very simple, just read what they have wrote to clear things up. I have had no problem making oranges and getting them to CRIT. It is possible to look diff, just not every option in game can be made orange atm.

The BIGGER issue atm is none of it matters. Pulling the armor mod from a set peice does not work like they said it would...the set bonus does not go with it. So this means you will still need to wear 4 out of 5 set peices to get your bonus and you diff outfit just turned into one peice of orange gear you can wear with an aug slot......................Whats even more funny is the new war hero orange skins do the same thing when people pull their mods out and insert them into the new pvp oranges the pvp bonus goes poof from that as well.

Edited by rangedftw

No You are wrong. It was a Huge success of Marketing.

Everyone thought the same thing for a reason. Bioware making money from you subbing another month.

I guess bioware is walking the Blizzards path.

From gaming colossus to Marketing Colossus.

^ This.

They got us so excited for the huge "revamp" in crafting. Then when asked "So wheres all the awesome enhancements and crystals artifice can make now" We get the answer "You get to make pretty color crystals."

-___-

And a side note, majority of things that can be RE'd dont have that little tooltip that says either "No research available" or "Research available. This was NOT an oversight as I heard plenty of this during testing.

Edited by Deresdod

the only orange schems I have gotten since 1.2 are the same dumb ones I already had. >(

I'm extremely disappointed with not being able to RE the greens, it was heavily implied by BW and many people thought this was how it was... If they end up having all the "looks" via endgame drops or mission discoveries, then ok... as long as I get my purple zoot suit then I'm fine, but that's a far cry away from "you can RE any item to get the schematic".

the armoring thing was also said a while back, but I think they could have just kept them locked to pre 1.2 gear so that there wouldn't be any confusion.

hopefully if you contact a GM or something, you could get them to refund your moolas... idk... long shot but I was just about to do all that myself so glad you tested it out for me! XD

Basically Zoeller misrepresented the whole thing. When he said "reverse engineer anything to get an orange" he actually meant "Reverse engineer any of the hideous new 1.2 campaign armors to get an orange, not even the black hole armors that use the exact same skin can be RE'd."

Frustrating I know. Was looking forward to getting my trooper in an orange version of the heavy chestguard from low levels.

http://www.despair.com/marketing.html

From the start ill answer your questions ebcause i see you are confused.

Q: Can i learn orange schematic from RE'ing orange item?

A: You can learn schematic ONLY when you have the tooltip research available and ONLY if it's craftable. NO YOU CAN'T LEARN RANDOM DROP/QUEST REWARD ITEMS.

Q: Where can i get the schematics then?

A: You have two options:

1) Run missions of your crafting class (ie. armormech runs Underworld Trade) and you have a chance to get new or old (pre 1.2) schematic as an additional mission discovery

2) Buy PVP BM/WH recipe boxes for aproprate set and learn them (you will learn also gloves and boots which is nice). THE DOWNSIDE IS THAT TO WEAR THEM U NEED TO HAVE VALOR RANK 60 or 70.

Q: When i RE item that have indicated that "research is available" what can i get?

A: If you do so with PURPLE item, you have a chance to get the SAME item SHELL (empty orange). You have also small chance to get CRITED SHELL WITH additonal AUGMENT SLOT.

Q: And what with Bracers and belts, can i learn somehow to make them?

A: NO you cant. Nether u cant get their schematics from RE. (So no orange bracers/belts with augment slot in 1.2).

Hope i helped you :)

Not really, since 1 and 3 are wrong. You can only learn an orange schematic from REing (supposedly) the new end game modifiable purples. You can NOT learn an orange schematic from REing ANYTHING that is crafted.

If a purple says "RE" available and it's crafted, that means it's probably a tier 1 or no tier prefix, and you can RE it into the next tier. If it's one of the new end game moddable items, you can RE it to learn the orange schematic. If it's one of the new end game non-moddabel items, you can RE it to learn a schematic for a copy.

I was wondering the same thing, had a favorite weapon in my bank that i was hoping i can RE and get schemetics for. I saw no research available/unavailable (or whatever the exact words were), used my common sense and not RE it 'til i see official word so i dont have to end up crying in the forum.

The BIGGER issue atm is none of it matters. Pulling the armor mod from a set peice does not work like they said it would...the set bonus does not go with it. So this means you will still need to wear 4 out of 5 set peices to get your bonus and you diff outfit just turned into one peice of orange gear you can wear with an aug slot......................Whats even more funny is the new war hero orange skins do the same thing when people pull their mods out and insert them into the new pvp oranges the pvp bonus goes poof from that as well.

Posted by DavidHunt on 03.21.2012 , 02:52 AM

Link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3531734#edit3531734

Currently, Armorings of level 61 or above (new in 1.2) have the set bonus on the armoring.

Items of level 58 or below (existed before 1.2) have the set bonus on the item, not the armoring.

So yeah, the set bonus are only attached to armoring of the new high end gear.

PS: This was mentioned in the Dev Tracker Summary: March 20th, 2012 – March 26th, 2012 too

Posted by DavidHunt on 03.21.2012 , 02:52 AM

Link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3531734#edit3531734

So yeah, the set bonus are only attached to armoring of the new high end gear.

PS: This was mentioned in the Dev Tracker Summary: March 20th, 2012 – March 26th, 2012 too

Because we all watch the dev tracker and read every single post? Patch notes is where it should of been put.

We have added a number of orange appearance schematics to the system through mission discoveries.

That isn't how you folks represented the upcoming RE changes. Honestly, I think you guys would be better off if you didn't "announce" a darn thing and just patched the game and surprised us.

I know I would be THRILLED at 1.2 if you people hadn't promised us a Bentley and delivered to us a Ford Fusion. Sure the Fusion is a great car, but it ain't a Bentley.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.