Consular PVE Armor the Worst Design in Game History?

Descends

Looking at the new consular 1.2 black hole armor....its actually my complete formal opinion that it just literally is the ugliest, worst designed high end armor in the complete history of gaming.

Has anyone ever seen anything worse?

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/attachments/1715d1332243133-jedi-consular-wt1.jpg

Im not trolling im being serious..can anyone find a game design armor worse than this?

Does anyone in the entire universe even like this armor design?

Thanks

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I'm not Liking that at ALL... the PVP armor doesn't seem So bad... not really my thing, but Not terrible looking.... but that PVE armor looks pretty terrible... maybe with a different color scheme it would be better???...

yeah the pvp armor, i highly prefer the look of battlemaster but the transformers samurai thing isnt THAT bad... (i wish it covered more area instead of just cloth everywhere but it is Light armor)

yet the pve armor... literally....look at it...find a single good thing about it..... ive been searching game armor trying to find one that looks worse..and I cant.... its phenominally bad lol

?? It's not like you have to wear it :rolleyes:

For female characters it looks pretty awesome in the flesh IMO. No idea why they didn't change it for male characters though. That's pretty weird. It could potentially be a bug with the preview window, I've never seen a male character wearing it.

Edited by KrittaB

At least they finally gave us the option to pull out the mods and get the stat bonuses from the Campaign gear. Put those modes into Orange gear and you can have any look you want, which is a good thing if they keep putting out such awful looking gear.

In addition, the Sage gear seems better suited for female toons than male, which is disappointing. The Columni and Rakata gear now looks much better on the female toons than male.. ohwell. It seems they are not listening to the player base at all.

i am loving swtor bioware on republic side consular shadow BUT honestly the war hero gear for consular shadow is haphazard

i really do not understand why the sith inquistor artist is awesome

check out the difference.

sith inquistor

http://www.oldrepublic.net/434-game-update-1-2-new-armors-looks-stats.html

consular shadow

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/attachments/1715d1332243133-jedi-consular-wt1.jpg/

i know developer has posted that the gear is in a cycle and changes cannot be rapidly made but please seriously begging you something needs to be done so that i can keep my war hero stats but NOT use the graphics that were chosen.

here is my character screenshot that is amazing artist for consular

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t460/valendir/Screenshot_2012-02-06_06_09_47_976776-1.jpg

Edited by shadowfoxe

its not just the worst looking armour, but in regards to many of the sets, it bares no relation to anything star wars, i suggest someone beat the lead designer around the head with a star wars box set until he actually realises what game he's designing the armour for.

its not that the designs are bad, or poorly executed, some of them are really incredibly good, they just have nothing to do with the style that we expect for star wars. the NPC's that we fight every day have far better looking armour than 90% of whats available for us to use.

i dont want some artists impression of what they think our classes would wear, i want a suit of armour that would be practical to wear in a fight and not a pantomime, i want something with a male version as well as female as i dont like running around in drag and i'm pretty sure not all women play healers like some sexists would have you believe.

basically, i'd like to feed the designers to a rancor and get some people involved who understand the lore of star wars

its not just the worst looking armour, but in regards to many of the sets, it bares no relation to anything star wars, i suggest someone beat the lead designer around the head with a star wars box set until he actually realises what game he's designing the armour for.

its not that the designs are bad, or poorly executed, some of them are really incredibly good, they just have nothing to do with the style that we expect for star wars. the NPC's that we fight every day have far better looking armour than 90% of whats available for us to use.

i dont want some artists impression of what they think our classes would wear, i want a suit of armour that would be practical to wear in a fight and not a pantomime, i want something with a male version as well as female as i dont like running around in drag and i'm pretty sure not all women play healers like some sexists would have you believe.

basically, i'd like to feed the designers to a rancor and get some people involved who understand the lore of star wars

This. I don't merely dislike Consular PvE armor, I loathe it. It is beyond hideous. It is laughably bad.

Yeah, the new PvE gear is even worse than the Columni and Rakata sets, and I thought that wasn't possible. Columni and Rakata gear both look like bad wedding dresses. The Legacy Exalted set looks exactly the same. And the new PvE set, while not looking like a wedding dress, is completely unwearable for a male character.

The renowned legacy gear actually doesn't look hideous, so I spent nearly a million credits buying it. Then I realized I would need to spend another half million to pull the mods out of my clown outfit raid gear so I can actually wear the non-hideous stuff. Completely inexcusable.

What sucks is obviously from these posts at least a good amount (30%-60%?) of Sages are Male. Mine is. And I get that caster classes wear robes which is why my WoW Mage was female.

Why I rolled male was I thought Sage male would be more unique. I knew what I was getting into, knew the story wasn't about a ****** uber-masculine space marine and was more about a geeky space healer/librarian who becomes a general + politician and enjoyed leveling my Sage to 50 and actually I don't hate my current gear look. The dark green and weird hood somehow work.

That said I think Bioware went too far as the game went on. Here is the thing: we realize you have limited dev time and cannot always make gender specific clothing. And also Sages will wear dresses and robes. They just will. But your dresses are so feminine all over that its neigh-immasculating to imagine playing as a Sage. Then it doesn't help that many of our moves are very weak looking like Pebble throws or limp wristed lightsaber flicks.

There are a couple of things that would improve the mood of Sage players esp Male ones.

a) If you make graphic designs err on the side of butch if you want to share looks no male wants a shoulderless look mixed with a dress, now you CAN have a shoulderless look but it should be more like a Shaolin robe or something Mortal Kombaty.

b) Adding a couple new animations would make dudes feel more dudey. For the Pebble throw what would look awesome is if the pebbles were like rock daggers and we punched the air quickly rather than had a stiff arm held up. Would look more dynamic and interesting.

If these changes are too hard at least give us a gender change option like Blizzard gives.

I like how we complained about not being able to turn off hoods since this game was released, and Bioware acknowledged it and said in the future we would be able to turn off hoods.

You would think, given the response, any new gear they designed would have a hood that could be turned off via the show helmet option.

...but nooooooooooooo, once again we are stuck not being able to remove it. Which sucks, because I really like the new PVE set aside from the stupid hood. Huge disappointment.

I like how we complained about not being able to turn off hoods since this game was released, and Bioware acknowledged it and said in the future we would be able to turn off hoods.

You would think, given the response, any new gear they designed would have a hood that could be turned off via the show helmet option.

...but nooooooooooooo, once again we are stuck not being able to remove it. Which sucks, because I really like the new PVE set aside from the stupid hood. Huge disappointment.

wait wait... you actually like it?

are you friggen kidding me?

Just want to add my voice.

Jedi Consular Black Hole and Campaign is criminally terrible.

Jedi Consular War Hero is merely hideous and embarrassing.

Seriously I support a new patch just to change these skins.

Also your skin designer needs to be reigned in ... severely.

Looking at the new consular 1.2 black hole armor....its actually my complete formal opinion that it just literally is the ugliest, worst designed high end armor in the complete history of gaming.

Has anyone ever seen anything worse?

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/attachments/1715d1332243133-jedi-consular-wt1.jpg

Im not trolling im being serious..can anyone find a game design armor worse than this?

Does anyone in the entire universe even like this armor design?

Thanks

stop being such a drama queen! go to game design school and see if you can do better if not **** and play.