People are missing the big picture in this amazing patch!

Barrgil

Remember this patch was originally suppose to have ranked warzones, cross server for pvp and cross server for pve. I am sure there are other things that have changed. I am still playing the game but this lack of communication and ability to make successful patches is becoming the downfall of BW. They better get there collective heads together and make the changes in this game that are way over due. Your losing player base because of things like this.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So were are all the posts about "Release 1.2 in parts, just release it". Ok so that is what they are doing and people still complain.

Imagine it going the other way BW announces:

"We are going to hold off 1.2 until ranked WZ are fixed."

So were are all the posts about "Release 1.2 in parts, just release it". Ok so that is what they are doing and people still complain.

Imagine it going the other way BW announces:

"We are going to hold off 1.2 until ranked WZ are fixed."

So if the new OP was bugged think they launch it? I say yes they would. That is the issue not being able to patch content correctly.

Edited by LordTie

I completely agree that they shouldn't release rated warzones if they're not ready to be released. I think most people, including myself, would've been disappointed but understanding. Nobody wants to see them rushed and released prematurely.

HOWEVER, and this is where I think most of the rage comes from, it should've been announced sooner. To get everyone excited about it, say the patch is coming out Thursday and then wait until less than 12 hours beforehand to announce that there will be no rated wz's is just wrong. They couldn't possibly have JUST decided today that they weren't ready. They knew before they ever announced the patch release that they weren't going to be included and waited until the last second to tell us so they could sucker as many people as possible into resubscribing or continuing their subscriptions.

No one is raging about not having rated wz. People are mad because of the bait and switch they pulled on us, I am unsubbing as bioware is a company that imo cannot be trusted anymore , unless they hire new and better developers.

"Because development is ongoing during testing, it should be noted that all changes and updates listed in the patch notes should be considered incomplete and are subject to change or removal before release to the live servers."

Pretty hard to prove bait and switch when it says clearly on the PTS...

The patch notes published for the Public Test Server are not final and are subject to change.

Herp and a derp.

Herp a DERP enjoy waiting for hours to que a ranked warzone in 6 months on your low pop server while we all enjoy guild wars 2 and diablo 3.

Herp a DERP enjoy waiting for hours to que a ranked warzone in 6 months on your low pop server while we all enjoy guild wars 2 and diablo 3.

Then by all means, go enjoy those games. No need to come in here claiming false statements when you can't even begin to look into the future.

It's not that the ranked warzones were delayed a couple weeks. It's the communication (or lack of) and execution of the patch. It's the impression that pvpers weren't told the truth to keep them subbed for an extra month. It's not ONLY stuff being delayed. This is the straw that broke many camels' backs, so to speak.

Honestly, as a hardcore PvPer, I'd rather they push 1.2 without ranked warzones than push 1.2 with terribly broken ranked warzones, or even delay 1.2 just because one feature wasn't working the way anyone wanted. I was watching the chatter from Test, and it seemed like rated warzones were horribly, horribly broken because their matchmaking system was totally inadequate for the job.

You have to realize it's out of respect for us, the Hardcore PvPers, that they delay the feature we want until it's actually ready. It would be an even bigger mockery to us if they'd let it go live as it was. Half the time, people would be getting free positive ratings they don't deserve because matches end too soon from imbalances, or because matches stopped ending early when a huge team imbalance existed, allowing steamrolls of 4-man teams against 8-man teams when late joiners were impossible in rated warzones, and where leaving early (the only logical option in such a situation) gave you a debuff. Rated Warzones were supposed to foster competition, not make it into a laughingstock, so it's for that reason that I'm glad it's being delayed.

Everything else is still coming, so if you're unsubbing because they're merely delaying the ability to measure your PvPeen, then SWTOR itself was already dead to you.

Edited by Vid-szhite

Yes white knight it up...... see you in guild wars.

Yes you will. I plan on playing that game as well as playing SwTOR. Got any other games for me to check out? What did you really think that was going to show me how much you want attention because you don't like SwTOR?

Please.

I completely agree that they shouldn't release rated warzones if they're not ready to be released. I think most people, including myself, would've been disappointed but understanding. Nobody wants to see them rushed and released prematurely.

HOWEVER, and this is where I think most of the rage comes from, it should've been announced sooner. To get everyone excited about it, say the patch is coming out Thursday and then wait until less than 12 hours beforehand to announce that there will be no rated wz's is just wrong. They couldn't possibly have JUST decided today that they weren't ready. They knew before they ever announced the patch release that they weren't going to be included and waited until the last second to tell us so they could sucker as many people as possible into resubscribing or continuing their subscriptions.

I can see why they waited to make the announcement.

They need to decide if they wanted to release rated WZ's with bugs and that needed to be fixed. And listen to all the bitXXing about the bugs.

Or not release rated WZ's and listen to all the bitXXing about pulling it.

They can't win no matter which they do.

What fanboi's fail to understand is that ranked warzones being pulled is just the start. I laugh when they talk about how much "other" stuff will be amazing in 1.2.

I have no doubt there will be so many bugs and issues with what did make it into 1.2, the boards will still be awashed in flames.

They've had 4 months to fix the bugs in EV and that place is still a wreck.

At least the fanbois will be there to put out the flames on the ship they don't even realize is sinking.

Was it a surprise to them that after making it as difficult as possible for plentiful level 50s to be available to test the ranked WZs on the PTS, even know this was clear to me and everyone else weeks and weeks in advance, that surprise...it wasn't tested?

So no, it's not okay to pull it at the last minute. The last minute was weeks ago, they noted that people weren't testing it, and instead of say...adding an npc that gave you a quick and easy quest that gives 5 million exp and is repeatable...along with just putting some high level gear sets on vendors for 1 credit...they did NOTHING and assumed people were going to grind up to level 50 from level 1 on their PTS. After people didn't do this, and they noticed they weren't doing this, they continued doing NOTHING.

Then with one week to go, still seeing people weren't doing this and it still wasn't being tested, they did NOTHING.

Then every day as this date neared, they did NOTHING.

And now it's not tested and ready to go well DUH.

So that's why I'm mad. Considering it was pointed out in 20 threads a day for weeks.

Well said ....

Patching content has nothing to do with it. This is not patched content this is NEW content.

So really what about every thing in this patch should have been in at launch. How can you stand here and believe it should not have been. Of course i am happy to get this patch because should have been here in the beginning. So like i said patching still is an issue for BW and if you can not understand that maybe your seeing through those rose colored glasses too long. I still love the game but i am realist also.

Remember it is their fault no one tested the ranked system out to begin with

Edited by LordTie

Honestly, as a hardcore PvPer, I'd rather they push 1.2 without ranked warzones than push 1.2 with terribly broken ranked warzones, or even delay 1.2 just because one feature wasn't working the way anyone wanted. I was watching the chatter from Test, and it seemed like rated warzones were horribly, horribly broken because their matchmaking system was totally inadequate for the job.

You have to realize it's out of respect for us, the Hardcore PvPers, that they delay the feature we want until it's actually ready. It would be an even bigger mockery to us if they'd let it go live as it was. Half the time, people would be getting free positive ratings they don't deserve because matches end too soon from imbalances, or because matches stopped ending early when a huge team imbalance existed, allowing steamrolls of 4-man teams against 8-man teams when late joiners were impossible in rated warzones, and where leaving early (the only logical option in such a situation) gave you a debuff. Rated Warzones were supposed to foster competition, not make it into a laughingstock, so it's for that reason that I'm glad it's being delayed.

I only wish more hardcore pvp-er's had enough sense like you do to actually explain with logic and reasoning.

Thank you for understanding :)

I for one am glad they did not hold up this update because of warzones. Atleast you guys who PVP are going to get a cross server LFG feature soon, while us PVE'ers will still go without doing some of the old Flashpoints because of the lack of said tool. :( I am looking forward to this patch and plan to continue to enjoy the game some afterwards. But...they will eventually need to add a feature to help those who are on low pop servers to do a lot of the end game content or I am gone.

Everything else is still coming, so if you're unsubbing because they're merely delaying the ability to measure your PvPeen, then SWTOR itself was already dead to you.

This guy knows whats up.

I only wish more hardcore pvp-er's had enough sense like you do to actually explain with logic and reasoning.

Thank you for understanding :)

Like it been said hundred times how did they expect to patch this if no one was able to test it out. Who fault is that? Do you expect me to run a fresh character to 50 on the PTR every damn time? Yeah right i have a life too.

Edited by LordTie

Have you played D3 yet? If you did i feel sorry for you if you think it is OK.