Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

I really want to believe that, but this is not the first time this happens, it's been going on since before the launch of the game: empty promises, never to be delivered, over-marketing etc. I'm sorry, but it is really hard to believe anything positive at this point.

And that's what will stick with people. An MMO, unlike all other types of games, forms a relationship between devs/product managers and the players. There's a certain amount of trust and responsibility that must be maintained and it fortunately/unfortunately falls squarely on the company who owns the product. The below is true for any producer/consumer relationship.

Players pay in trust of an ever-satisfying flow of increasingly "better" content. Though loyalty is appreciated, Players have no personal responsibility to the company.

Companies have the responsibility to provide players with the same ever-satisfying flow of increasingly "better" content. Companies must have the trust of their players to maintain the relationship.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main point in which you all fail to grasp is the bait advertising employed......they KNEW ranked was'nt ready but did not disclose this until under 24hrs we're left till update, classic bait advertising.

Its there mmo its there license they can do what they want. if u do not like it go back to wow..who are u to whine and complain that they did not disclose it.. They knew there was a problem and they posted it when they decided to not release it..where do u get off telling our forum readers that they r baiting..No its not baiting its letting u know...ITS NOT READY

Blizzard did a lot of mistakes while develloping WoW. But they never did the mistake to make your think they would release content, make you pay for and then say: ahaha we just gotcha, tx for the money!

lol u have a very bad memory mate they did it plenty of times

I dont get why people are mad, i love pvp and would love to see rated matches, but i want a system that works.

This only shows bioware wants as little errors as possible by holding back a broken system

I think nearly everyone agrees with you, but to find out about the content being removed on patch day is what has everyone butthurt.

I understand your frustration, but that's just not the case.

While I can't give you a window into the studio other than my word, the decision to cut this feature was made very recently. There was no deliberate delay and we brought you the news as soon as it was known. It was a very difficult decision for the development team, and not one that was taken lightly. The PvP team is hard at work on reinstating Ranked Warzones right now.

What a BS. You had to know much earlier becouse you had to prepare freaking patch for live servers, which doesnt take 5 minutes.

Edited by Satanski

Its there mmo its there license they can do what they want. if u do not like it go back to wow..who are u to whine and complain that they did not disclose it.. They knew there was a problem and they posted it when they decided to not release it..where do u get off telling our forum readers that they r baiting..No its not baiting its letting u know...ITS NOT READY

you said it yourself my poor friend "They knew there was a problem and they posted it when THEY decided" not when the information became available, THAT is bait advertising.

This is almost good news. I'd prefer to hear ranked war zones will not be added to TOR. This is the first MMO ever where I've enjoyed PVP, and the mentality that will come with ranked war zones is sure to ruin the fun.

This is almost good news. I'd prefer to hear ranked war zones will not be added to TOR. This is the first MMO ever where I've enjoyed PVP, and the mentality that will come with ranked war zones is sure to ruin the fun.

Why would it ruin your fun? There will still be unranked WZ for ppl who don't want to put their balls to the wall.

12 hours and 210 pages of comments since their last comment and no further response from Bioware. Granted I am not sure that there is anything they can say but, at this point anything would be better than nothing.

The majority of the valid complaints I have seen in here are about the lack of communication. This doesn't help.

I am fine with holding back a feature if it is not ready. I can't believe that they didn't know until now that it wasn't ready and won't be ready for the foreseeable future. I also am unhappy they basically pulled solo queue completely off the table until further notice.

I am not rage quitting or anything but, this definitely has adversely affected Bioware's credibility. It also kind of makes me feel bad for getting several of my friends to come play this game. PvE is fine for short term play but, for all the people I play with, PvP is where the long term fun is.

Playing matches against people who are similarly skilled/geared as I am is what makes it fun through out the lifespan of a character. I don't like playing blow outs. On the winning or losing side. That is the draw of rated PvP not some number next to my name.

To all the tossers out there that cry about waiting and how pro wow are. Think how long it took wow to bring out rated bgs....around 2yrs from release if i remember right, and how many bugs did it have when it did come out.... meh i'v been pretty happy with swtor since release, theres been a couple of issues but overall not a bad release, when u consider most mmo's. I dont like the random crap with rewarding pvp'ers ie bm badges. Think thats just unfair for some and totally unjust for others. Anyway i'm not going anywhere soon keep up the good work looking forward to the patch.

I dont get it, are you saying you would wait 2 years for rated WZ's?

You said it "a drekload of people leaving over it". The servers are already barren places. How many people do you think BW can afford to lose before they they have to call it a quit?I personally might not unsub over this, but if this games turns to a F2P game I rly am going to because a P2P game turning into a F2P one is a big fail in my book and as I see it they sure are heading that way.

Interesting point... I think if a game turned into F2P we would all unsub as there would be no more subscriptions as it would be FREE to play?

I play on the Harbinger and it is always Moderate - Very Heavy server load with lots of people about. Of course I am sure that will change when us aussies can transfer to the Pacific servers... which are always heavy - very heavy during my play times. So as far as I can see servers are quite good. I do notice a lot of light servers though, not sure why people would play on them, but if you already have characters there then hopefully server xfers come sooner than later or mergers if need be.

I think it will be a long time before the pvp in this game comes anywhere close to WAR (I will accept the flame this will bring) which I think is one of the best MMO pvp games out there, but the story line and pve is simply amazing and only getting better.

They are working on improving pvp, this patch comes with some big pvp updates (not as much as we were promised).

Basically people are upset because Bioware stole their money because they said they were releasing it and then couldn't get it ready in time. This was obviously a large decision that was made, some will call it a conspiracy, but I haven't seen that many more people online lately that they have taken millions of dollars of subscriptions of people being falsy misled that only came back for this one reason. I am sure there are a lot of people in this basket posting in this thread, of course... that is what I would do if it happened to me. Ask for a refund based upon that and I am sure you will be able to get one if that is really the sole reason you came back. Otherwise for the 99% of people who were already subbed, you are getting a big update over the game you were already playing, bigger than most updates you see in mmo's (without having to pay extra for it) and they will still release (once ready to implement) what was promised plus more. So I for one am I really happy about this update.

Damn these paying customers and their unreasonable expectations of a company delivering value for money and on their promises!

This would be the best MMO in the history of a galaxy far, far away if it wasn't for the whining and complaining of these people.

They should just consume, be silent and die.

You said it "a drekload of people leaving over it". The servers are already barren places. How many people do you think BW can afford to lose before they they have to call it a quit?I personally might not unsub over this, but if this games turns to a F2P game I rly am going to because a P2P game turning into a F2P one is a big fail in my book and as I see it they sure are heading that way.

So are we operating under the assumption that all these good-hearted souls have been playing up until TODAY, but the magic unsub switch suddenly flipped with this change in the upcoming content?

It invites a rant about the weak-minded, who would leave if something was released that touched their little nerve and it was BROKEN (my original point-- people wanting to leave because they didn't want a BROKEN rakned PvP released), but now they will leave because the broken content WAS NOT released.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Essentially, everyone expects perfection, and it's BIOFAIL if they don't get it every time. Babies.

Shrug. I find the brouhaha amusing. I will continue to play because I think the game is pretty fun. No, it's not over-the-top, ******ically perfected never-seen-a-better-game experience fun, but so?

I think everyone gets it. Some people just can't help but become mentally unhinged over this being left out of the patch. It's STILL left out. Now what? Oh right. We need you all to teach us, and the company, a lesson. ONLY YOU could POSSIBLY understand the apocalyptic impact of this change....

Anyway, I'm going to continue playing. I'm going to use my brains to play the best that I can, and have fun. Kanpai.

Just copy the Galactic Battlegroung and u have a new WZ.

U have space attack and can destroy the mothership shield, turret etc.. and u can land on the mothership and fight inside or just look aroung there r many pvp style. Huttbal was good idea in december but i dont wanna play any huttball in my life, specially not when i join the fight and its already 5-0

Damn these paying customers and their unreasonable expectations of a company delivering value for money and on their promises!

This would be the best MMO in the history of a galaxy far, far away if it wasn't for the whining and complaining of these people.

They should just consume, be silent and die.

+1

/signed

Wow what a big fat fail....

It's unbelievable really. I have defend swtor and bioware ever since the game came out. I didn't mind the hundreds of bugs, or the fact that things were unbalanced or that content was to easy cause I always thought that no game is ever perfect when it first releases and i had hopes things would turn around soon enough. I can live with the feeling that for weeks and weeks i have been paying to play a game that seemed to be rather in a beta state than full release. I didn't say anything, i didn't unsub after the first month, like many others did. It was not that bad that i was able to clear all raid content within a day on "nightmare" mode cause pvp was pretty fun, i liked the warzones, felt like something new and not just the same old.

The guild summit live stream was the first time, when i thought "i don't know if this game is right for me". it just seemed unprofessional to me, if you have to make fun of your game because it just isnt that good, thats really something to think about. devs saying things like "yea we know the Auction house sucks" or "wait what? we dont have a ready check function in game?" is just really really sad. If you know it sucks, why did you bring it out that way? Not enough time to test the game? And you should know what functions are the game you are working on, how can you not?!

But i thought to myself, well lets see patch 1.2. then the first setback was this whole "pre season" ranked warzones stuff. can only queue against players from your server sucks, which should be pretty obvious. I don't know about other servers, but i cant see more than 3 or 4 real teams on my server.

but fine, lets see how it goes.

Now you are telling me, that we wont even get to do that? we don't get anything...... and that you will "roll out the preseason in phases" wow are you kidding me?! not only don't we get it now, after its been announced for how many weeks? we also don't get the "full" thing at once but in several phases?

On top of that you announce this THE DAY THE PATCH IS GOING LIVE. wow, just wow....

I've had enough of it, really. I'm tired of having to pay this beta testing, because this game is nothing else. i'm done giving you my money and get screwed in return because you can't even live up to your own promises. but then again, after finished mass effect 3 i should not be surprised that bioware can't live up to promises, should i?!

I don't care about all this useless stuff you are apparently so excited about, this legacy stuff that you wasted so much time on developing instead of focusing what is really important for the players. Most of us don't play the game to level up 20 different characters, because guess what, its boring. You don't even get to go to different zones, like in other games, no you have to do the same stuff over and over and the only difference is the class quests and there are just not enough of them to make this even remotely interesting. I guess we should have known, that you guys want to focus this game on the "leveling experience" but we were fooled by all the talk about endgame pve and pvp.

So now that i have a week left on my subscription i can do all the awesome things in the patch, right. like these 4 new bosses on storymode (even have to give normal mode a new name cause its sooooooooo easy) and on hardmode because we didn't even get the nightmare mode. My guess is they will be either an easy walkover or so bugged that they are unkillable.

but i get to see them for a week and then i will say goodbye to this game and to any future bioware/ea products while I'm at it.

maybe next time you make a game, spent less money on getting different voices for every single npc in the game (while players get only 2 different voices per class(not advanced class) depending on your gender completely ignoring the races) and spent some more money on the game feature development.

I think its funny that if any old school WOW players knew blizz shut down servers for hours and sometimes days patching and fixing. I remember being lied to about BWL and NAXX in vanilla on their relese dates. Evryone wants a polished diamond but never realize the work or time it takes to make one. Also if your gonna be a fairwind player good ridince go play another game who cares if your not gonna stay for any little hick-up in a MMO patch, buy a console game, but oh wait those need updaes and patches too. My point is if your tired of it and dont like it stop playing, and come back later ( say 3 months ) if your hatred runs that deep over a small part of a 1gig patch then MMO's arnt for you.

They obviously knew for some time ranked WZs would not be included in this patch. Yet they pretended and acted like it would until the very last minute. Even when people were posting in the PTS that it was broken...BW still acted as if it would be implemented and kept waving the pom poms that we would have ranked WZs.

That's a little...shifty. To put it mildly.

Evryone wants a polished diamond but never realize the work or time it takes to make one.

Same goes for the dev.

They make you think they are selling you a diamond but all there is, is a piece of valueless rock.

Dont sell a diamond if you're not able to wsharpen it.