Update on Ranked Warzones in Game Update 1.2

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I PvP, that doesn't mean it's the most important part of this game to me. I can play without it just fine.

I've been pvp'n since 1977 dude, since my family bought pong. That doesnt change the fact that they knew for a long time that this HUGE piece was not going to be ready, but they knew they could hold on to sub's by waiting until the last minute.

You condone doing business in this way? F- NO you shouldnt!

I do not care about a new warzone or gear or interfaces, I care about the Rated Warzones cause all of us that PVP are Sick n Tired of dealing with afk ppl or ppl that dont care how hard you work to Win that warzone. That my friend is why we are all upset.

This is ABSOLUTELY the wrong logic.

SWTOR isn't competing with WoW's launch, it is competing with WoW is TODAY. Would you buy a car with no air conditioning? Would you buy a house with no bathrooms? You would simply move on and consider a different unit that was more modern and met your demands. It is true that people still buy cell phones that have no extra functions, because people pay for products that fit their needs. If you ask for the general customer to switch from a T1+ broadband connection to a 33.6k dialup, you can be sure they'll be unhappy about it.

WoW's budget in '04 was somewhere between $60-80 dollars. SWTOR's budget was $200, and by the way, they started development around '05, meaning they got to witness the evolution of WoW and the MMO genre as it occurred.

SWTOR's launch is as problematic as WoW's launch, but not only are they still missing basic features of an MMO, they are unprofessional in handling customer service. There is no way SWTOR was ready for launch in December, but they decided to push it for the holiday release to maximize profits in the short term. Similarly, their decision to hold back RWZs at the final minute comes across as such, a greedy grab for customer's money without any consideration on our part.

See it now? or are you really interested in buying that house with no bathrooms if I promise I'll add an outhouse later?

This^

didnt expect this to happen until x server wz's were implemented anyway can totally understand this move to not implement the intended ranked warzones

because advertising something and then not having it ready when we say it will be is totally reasonable

This is ABSOLUTELY the wrong logic.

SWTOR isn't competing with WoW's launch, it is competing with WoW is TODAY. Would you buy a car with no air conditioning? Would you buy a house with no bathrooms? You would simply move on and consider a different unit that was more modern and met your demands. It is true that people still buy cell phones that have no extra functions, because people pay for products that fit their needs. If you ask for the general customer to switch from a T1+ broadband connection to a 33.6k dialup, you can be sure they'll be unhappy about it.

WoW's budget in '04 was somewhere between $60-80 dollars. SWTOR's budget was $200, and by the way, they started development around '05, meaning they got to witness the evolution of WoW and the MMO genre as it occurred.

SWTOR's launch is as problematic as WoW's launch, but not only are they still missing basic features of an MMO, they are unprofessional in handling customer service. There is no way SWTOR was ready for launch in December, but they decided to push it for the holiday release to maximize profits in the short term. Similarly, their decision to hold back RWZs at the final minute comes across as such, a greedy grab for customer's money without any consideration on our part.

See it now? or are you really interested in buying that house with no bathrooms if I promise I'll add an outhouse later?

I think it should be noted that YOUR theology is wrong. A house cannot be compared to an MMO. MMO's need time to be stable and develop, unlike all those FPS out there, they are the ones that need to be better than the previous game. If you can Name me ONE MMO that when it came out had ALL the features and MORE of the BIGGEST MMO at the TIME of it's LAUNCH, I will give you a cookie.

There are way too many crybabies that play this game. People cry about Bioware taking four months and not putting out Ranked warzones. It took Blizzard SIX YEARS and you cry about four months. LFG took Blizz five years, you cry about four months.

You wanna ragequit because your little video game isn't perfect? I won't miss you.

You say you can make a better game. Then why haven't you?

I don't understand people like you who compare this with how long Blizzard took to have Rated Arenas.

This is like saying it is okay for iPhone not to have bluetooth support after 3 years because it took Sony Ericsson 7 years to invent Bluetooth Technology.

Times change.

I think it should be noted that YOUR theology is wrong. A house cannot be compared to an MMO. MMO's need time to be stable and develop, unlike all those FPS out there, they are the ones that need to be better than the previous game. If you can Name me ONE MMO that when it came out had ALL the features and MORE of the BIGGEST MMO at the TIME of it's LAUNCH, I will give you a cookie.

Make that two cookies! ;)

There are way too many crybabies that play this game. People cry about Bioware taking four months and not putting out Ranked warzones. It took Blizzard SIX YEARS and you cry about four months. LFG took Blizz five years, you cry about four months.

Ok. And? How long it took Blizzard is completely irrelevant, as this has become a standard for many players. Technology is not a hinder, not even close. As someone said, this game isn't competing with WoW at launch - it's competing with how WoW is today.

You might as well point out how long it took Ultima Online, Everquest or Anarchy Online to implement certain things. It has nothing to do with games developed/released in 2011/2012.

Let's say Samsung released a new mobile phone, which has the same features as Nokia phones had in the 90s. Would you buy it and then say "But it took Nokia YEARS to implement this technology (touch screen, 3g/4g etc)!". No you would not. You'd expect new phones to have the basic features of any other phone on the market.

But some people seem to have problems understanding this.

I don't understand people like you who compare this with how long Blizzard took to have Rated Arenas.

This is like saying it is okay for iPhone not to have bluetooth support after 3 years because it took Sony Ericsson 7 years to invent Bluetooth Technology.

Times change.

+1 booooom

SO based on your logic, simply because others failed to deliver hyped products, that means that we should totally be fine with that never happening? Good to see that people care about what they pay for.

Well.

It's dissappointing. Especially for PVP guilds.

It will lead to unsubbing of people.

1.000.000 players versus 50?! developers = 2 - 0

A million players just will find more problems and file more complaints than any dev team can handle.

The biggest mistake you guys at BW are making is BAD COMMUNICATION.

it's better to say "I don't know" than to not deliver as promised. Every salesman knows this.

You guys are failing badly in that corner and as a resulty you are losing customer trust and in turn customer loyalty.

Which means you are losing revenue and turnover... and eventually... all...

Fix it.

Edited by Aragorrius

No, because technology is better and more stable than it was 8 years ago.

That is one thing. And second, Bioware had years and I mean YEARS to take a look at how older mmo games were designed and try to improve on that. But did they?:rolleyes:

The answer is

NO!

So why blindly defend a game you are paying monthly? It's your time and your money. Be more demanding, because petting them on the back won't improve this game.

I agree that they couldn't have noticed how buggy ranked games were just 10 hours before the damn patch release. I've heard of last minute cancellations, but this is beyond absurd.

No, people resubbed 1 day before the patch because content was promised. Was it entirely delivered? Nope. But hey, they've got more 30 day subs now and they will brag about it.

Just wait for the "Subs went through the roof in April" announcements. Just wait.

However that won't change the fact that the game has 90% of the server populations "Light" at all times.

To be honest I played WoW for six months in it's Newest state and was bored ******** at endgame, PvP was fun but only doing that bored me to the max, as raids were not so good. In this game I have been playing 5months and it has much more potential than that of WoW, so if you want to unsub and re-sub when the game is at it's prime, go ahead, just know you have to catch up to those of us that waited patiently and enjoyed that which makes this game what it is.

Im actually hoping they fix the imbalance in pvp, as a marauder they need to nerf the healing and tank classes and give dps classes a boost

You, sir, do not know how to play your own class then ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.