The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assassin Seethe exploit?

Frogggystyle

I was messing around in Ilum today when I came across an Assassin. We start going at it, both of us got to about half health. Then I saw him pull a stunt I've never seen any other Assassin do - He cc'd me and instantly started to Seethe right in front of me, regaining almost all of his health before the cc wore off. (I had already used my Tenacity and couldn't break t...grrrr!) I never saw him go into stealth and then come back out of it, which would kinda explain what he did...maybe... but he didn't. He just cc'd me and instantly went to Seething.

Maybe I've just ever seen anyone do this...maybe every Assassin knows this valuable skill set but rarely uses it. I was under the impression that everyone had a lengthy mandatory cool down period before they could use their recover ability after they stopped their last combat action (or the last action was imposed on them by another player). What is the cool down to use the recover ability...15...20 seconds? At any rate, I know it's not meant to be instant.

I was wondering if this was an exploit of any given Assassin talent, or if this is by design to give the Assassin class an advantage. If it is by design, is there any other class that can cc and instantly use their recovery ability like that?

Are you sure he just did not cloak out of combat, mez you than go into seethe right away? If you are going to pull that stunt you need to do it pretty fast but as an exploit pov I have not heard of one.

I was messing around in Ilum today when I came across an Assassin. We start going at it, both of us got to about half health. Then I saw him pull a stunt I've never seen any other Assassin do - He cc'd me and instantly started to Seethe right in front of me, regaining almost all of his health before the cc wore off. (I had already used my Tenacity and couldn't break t...grrrr!) I never saw him go into stealth and then come back out of it, which would kinda explain what he did...maybe... but he didn't. He just cc'd me and instantly went to Seething.

Maybe I've just ever seen anyone do this...maybe every Assassin knows this valuable skill set but rarely uses it. I was under the impression that everyone had a lengthy mandatory cool down period before they could use their recover ability after they stopped their last combat action (or the last action was imposed on them by another player). What is the cool down to use the recover ability...15...20 seconds? At any rate, I know it's not meant to be instant.

I was wondering if this was an exploit of any given Assassin talent, or if this is by design to give the Assassin class an advantage. If it is by design, is there any other class that can cc and instantly use their recovery ability like that?

you can only use mind trap when you're invisible and out of combat. so what happened was, he waited for you to break his cc, then he stealth's, which pulls you out of combat. then mind trap is used and seethe to 100%. not an exploit.

There seems to be a LOS/recuperate not sure if it's an exploit

I play sniper/Gunslinger: many times melee classes will run from me and keep going side to side behind an object, and it seems that only after a few secs of me not able to attack them, they can either re-stealth or start to recuperate.

Its not an exploit, all you have to use is Force cloak, or whatever, it allows you to vanish which knocks both of you out of combat and then he used mind trap then got out of stealth and used seethe

Nope, shouldn't be an exploit. If you're an assassin in combat you can "Force Cloak" - which takes both you and the assassin out of combat - then he can cast Mind Trap (which is likely what he cc'd you with) then he can Seethe for the health. It's one of several reasons that makes good tanksins great at 1v1.

There seems to be a LOS/recuperate not sure if it's an exploit

I play sniper/Gunslinger: many times melee classes will run from me and keep going side to side behind an object, and it seems that only after a few secs of me not able to attack them, they can either re-stealth or start to recuperate.

Some classes can stealth while in combat, which drops them from combat, thus allowing them to recuperate. Assassins and Operatives, as well (I believe) as Marauders.

Also, if you are not watching the actual ability they are using, they may simply be LOSing you and then healing.

Clever use of mechanics, you used your CC breaker and he took advantage of it... sucks, but not an exploit...

Just like when people are trying to solo defend a cap against a scoundrel and you CC break the mez, just mez again and take point... nothing you can do to prevent it now... same basic idea.

Edited by Iboga

Some classes can stealth while in combat, which drops them from combat, thus allowing them to recuperate. Assassins and Operatives, as well (I believe) as Marauders.

Also, if you are not watching the actual ability they are using, they may simply be LOSing you and then healing.

Doesnt work for sent/mara. Camo doesnt break combat.

Mara/Sent Force Camo doesn't bring you out of combat. And yes, the assassin most likely used his combat cloak (which DOES end combat, unless you have a DoT on them - albeit, they could just use force shroud in conjunction with their combat cloak to remove it) and instantly followed up with Mind Trap (a stun that doesn't bring either of you in combat). Makes it very simple for an assassin to instantly use their out-of-combat regen.

I am surprised I have never seen it before today. I didn't see him force cloak before he cc'd me...I must have either blinked or had a spat of lag that prevented me from seeing him vanish and reappear.

Regardless, that's an impressive trick! Well played, Assassin...well played.

I am surprised I have never seen it before today. I didn't see him force cloak before he cc'd me...I must have either blinked or had a spat of lag that prevented me from seeing him vanish and reappear.

Regardless, that's an impressive trick! Well played, Assassin...well played.

Not really hard to do, and a pretty obvious strategy to use. I wouldn't commend assassins that do use it, I would rather ridicule the ones that don't, due to its overpoweredness.

had to have at least 11pts in deception for darkswell, because a tankassin or madness assassin would have had a debuff that would not have allowed him to heal immediately after a force cloak.

Sometimes after a force cloak, you'll still remain in combat for a few seconds so this does not always work.

you can only use mind trap when you're invisible and out of combat. so what happened was, he waited for you to break his cc, then he stealth's, which pulls you out of combat. then mind trap is used and seethe to 100%. not an exploit.

mind trap and tumult both cannot be used in pvp for imperial sith sins yet their pub equal can. this guy would have had to stealth in and out real quick to do this.