Dead zone needed for ranged classes

Matchewa

Doesn't make a lot of sense. Somehow I can't shoot you point blank with my blaster?

I would honestly prefer a deadzone at short range just so I don't see extended firefights happening between figures that are standing a meter apart. It just looks silly. Nothing says "visually bad MMO combat" to me more than that.

Your realism card is probably not the best route to go here as one could easily argue that it would be nearly impossible for you to pull off point blank shots repeatedly while your opponent is slicing you to bits with a lightsaber.

Edited by Apax

I would honestly prefer a deadzone at short range just so I don't see extended firefights happening between figures that are standing a meter apart. It just looks silly. Nothing says "visually bad MMO combat" to me more than that.

Your realism card is probably not the best route to go here as one could easily argue that it would be nearly impossible for you to pull off point blank shots repeatedly while someone is slicing you to bits with a lightsaber.

At this rate, they should make it so all bounty hunters and imperial agents miss 100% of all ranged attacks.

Lord knows they couldn't land a solid shot in the movies to save their life, it would only make sense.

Heh. I have nothing against ranged classes or keeping ranged classes effective. I'm simply saying that if there's a way to make ranged combat in melee range look less stupid, I'm all for them doing it. If that means their rifle shots turn into rifle butts that do the same amount of damage, or some fancy-pants animation that sells the visual of a point blank shot.. whatever.. just something other than what it is now because it looks visually bad.

Heh. I have nothing against ranged classes or keeping ranged classes effective. I'm simply saying that if there's a way to make ranged combat in melee range look less stupid, I'm all for them doing it. If that means their rifle shots turn into rifle butts that do the same amount of damage, or some fancy-pants animation that sells the visual of a point blank shot.. whatever.. just something other than what it is now because it looks visually bad.
Going to be some trade-offs between realism and playablity in any game.

I think this may be one of them.

You are calling for nerfs... at level 14? I'm sure your vast knowledge of class balance is of much use to Bioware. I can tell from your post that you played the classes you are asking to be nerfed and spent a lot of thought on this decision.