The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

gizbug

All I can say is I have 3 50's on one server, it is now a low population server, I was forced to leave that server as I would get on in prime time only to see 11 players in fleet. I then rerolled on what I thought was a healthy server when 1.2 came out, just got to 50, now this server has become a low population server, in prime time the past few days has only had 20 to 40 people in the fleet. I am not re rolling again.

They need a server merge NOW. I want to play my 50's but I want others to play with to, why can't I have both Bioware. :d_mad::mon_mad::rod_mad_g::rod_mad_p::w_mad::t_mad::jawa_mad::i_mad::tran_mad::sul_mad::rak_mad::mad:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, just enjoyed some "Jedi Prisoner" grouping tonight. Tanked with my new tank. :p

We were just talking in General chat about how much you RPers will love Ebon Hawk when you transfer here, although there is some concern about queues.

But, those of you on a low-pop, take a break. When transfers come, get on over to a heavier pop, and this will be a whole new game for you! ;)

Holy crap.

D3 servers FINALLY came up, and then STAYED up tonight! Nothing short of a miracle. What do you expect? One night of 80% is an exact indication of this: dick. Hell, even a week of this is indication of zilch.

It's interesting how no one is commenting how much better TOR's launch was than D3's, but I'll say it: It was MUCH better.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

D3 servers FINALLY came up, and the STAYED up tonight! What do you expect? One night of 80% is an exact indication of this: dick.

It's interesting how no one is commenting how much better TOR's launch was than D3's, but I'll say it: It was MUCH better.

If that is what you wanna think man, then knock yourself out.

If that is what you wanna think man, then knock yourself out.

I could go your route and think every single MMO on the market is dying right now because a significant population of each is trying out a single-player game.

But, uhh...no thanks. I'll wait and see what the long-term trend is, mmkay? I'm almost 40. I learned 20 years ago not to jump to conclusions before all the evidence is in. ;)

Edited by JeramieCrowe

D3 servers FINALLY came up, and then STAYED up tonight! Nothing short of a miracle. What do you expect? One night of 80% is an exact indication of this: dick. Hell, even a week of this is indication of zilch.

80% have been light for a month D3 didnt do it. It was already happening it just opened the wound alittle bigger.

80% have been light for a month D3 didnt do it. It was already happening it just opened the wound alittle bigger.

False. I've been keeping an eye out. Also, I've been watching you making all kinds of unsubstantiated bickering claims on SR's Tweet, so excuse me if I take anything you say with a BIG grain of salt....

Oh, also: over 80 on Fleet right now...after peak. ;)

I could go your route and think every single MMO on the market is dying right now because a significant population of each is trying out a single-player game.

But, uhh...no thanks. I'll wait and see what the long-term trend is, mmkay? I'm almost 40. I learned 20 years ago not to jump to conclusions before all the evidence is in. ;)

Save any reason outside of the world ending, if 80% of your servers are light during prime time, you have a problem.

Difference of opinion.

False. I've been keeping an eye out. Also, I've been watching you making all kinds of unsubstantiated bickering claims on SR's Tweet, so excuse me if I take anything you say with a BIG grain of salt....

Oh, also: over 80 on Fleet right now...after peak. ;)

it wasnt bickering it was me stateing what i thought , and how is it unsubsantiated? what i said is true. !.2 came out over a month ago and there still is no real update on ranked WZ. They stated transfers coming in early summer. With updates to come again over 3 weeks ago and still nothing new to update us with?.

He stated it was it was thier policy to not give updates on features in progress and i said its policies like that that is upsetting alot of the player base. wich is also true.. So how exactly is it unsubstantiated?

Edited by Nyteblades

Save any reason outside of the world ending, if 80% of your servers are light during prime time, you have a problem.

Difference of opinion.

The problem being, which: too many servers, or too little playerbase? I have my opinion, just wondering what you're getting at. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

it wasnt bickering it was me stateing what i thought , and how is it unsubsantiated? what i said is true. !.2 came out over a month ago and there still is no real update on ranked WZ. They stated transfers coming in early summer. With updates to come again over 3 weeks ago and still nothing new to update us with?.

He stated it was it was thier policy to not give updates on features in progress and i said its policies like that that is upsetting alot of the player base. wich is also true.. So how exactly is it unsubstantiated?

Yes, three weeks ago, they said they're coming early summer, and that no more information will be released until close to that window. So claiming that they are "the most player unfriendly company ive ever seen", and that they don't respond when he's actually personally responded to ~10 of your tweets ALONE....

Dude, c'mon...

Not soon enough that's when. To many servers....other than that this game is great, but I'm getting tired of seeing 60 people in the fleet at peak hours, that's just sad.

For a larger population than should have been, I agree.

And I'm willing to bet cold, hard cash that the second BioWare realized that the server transfer software they had ready since beta wouldn't work due to some Legacy elements, they knew it, too. Thus the scramble.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I am starting to believe that JeramieCrowe is either

A. A Super hardcore Biodrone, probably the biggest Biodrone on the forums. Thats for sure.

B. A Bioware/EA Employee, it explains why he defends the game non stop

C. A alien

Challenge accepted:

1. Expertise SUCKS - explain to me how that's "defending BioWare"?

2. Open-world PvP blew chunks, and it's unacceptable we haven't heard a word about what they're revamping - explain to me how that's "defending BioWare"?

3. Server transfers were messed up by a HUGE QA mistake with Legacy - explain to me how that's "defending BioWare"?

4. Part of the engine they modified is causing unacceptable I/O issues - explain to me how that's "defending BioWare"?

5. ALL appearances should have been available since launch, all orange schematics, modifiable, whatever - explain to me how that's "defending BioWare"?

These are just a FEW of the things I've brought out.

At this point, I can only assume you must be one of the rabid haters who spew nonsense as long as it's just hate. Or are you one of the rabid fanbois who's defended one of the above complaints of mine?

Either way, you're being unreasonable. Just stop while you're ahead. It'll probably be a good idea for you not to even attempt to respond to this.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

This goose is cooked unless they combine quite a few servers, allow server transfers, install ANY LFG tool and ditch the 'story' first theory instead of content. There are allot of holes that STILL need to be plugged in this canoe.. Next quarter most servers could be looking at 15 people on the Fleets during primetime.

Sad but true for this great looking and fun to play single player MMO.

The problem being, which: too many servers, or too little playerbase? I have my opinion, just wondering what you're getting at. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

Combination of both, but mostly the former. Even with 50K subs, you could dump that onto a handful of servers and have a lively game.

Really? you dont think that those are both very large problems?

Really? you dont think that those are both very large problems?

I think too many servers is definitely a problem. I think people are blowing 1.3 million as "too small" WAY out of proportion. Especially since it's no secret that EA is definitely getting their money back.

Combination of both, but mostly the former. Even with 50K subs, you could dump that onto a handful of servers and have a lively game.

Sure, you *could*. And thanks to the way they handle naming convetions, you're dicking pretty much anyone that isn't one of the 'lucky few' that would be forcibly transferred. By opening transfers, those who want to move out and go places will do so. After that gets done for a time, I imagine we'll see a potential merger situation arise. Just up and doing it right off, though? Gonna alienate and piss off a lot of players.

Yeah i agree, if you can keep happy with this content for the next 5 years or whenever ea finaly pulls the plug. because there would never be new content and cs would actualy get worse (if its possible) . the game would be the first in history to ever recover if it did.