Game Update 1.2 - The Great Credit Sink

Anzel

Why in the world do they keep referring to these as "rewards"????

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.2.0/legacy

"Rewards" don't typically cost millions up millions of credits. We're not unlocking "rewards". We're unlocking the ability to pay tens of millions of credits for minor conveniences.

- 60,000,000 for a fully tabbed guild bank (600,000 to START)

- 600,000 for "Legacy Fleet Pass"

- 600,000 for "Legacy Quick Travel"

- 2,000,000 for "Rocket Boost" + 1,5000,000 for Level 2 + 1,500,000 for Level 3 (5,000,000 total)

- 8,000,000 for "Ship Unlocks" (Repair Droid, Mail, Training Dummies, GTN)

How are these considered "Rewards"???? How?

Can you imagine McDonald's offering hamburgers that are slightly better than the ones they currently serve for $70 as a reward for being a loyal customer?

Edited by Anzel

Just to clarify on the OP. In some cases to get a reward from the legacy system you require the legacy level and money to unlock it. I haven't really had a good look at the system yet so I don't know how much of it requires both.

For most of the legacy perks you don't need money and legacy, just either or.

The op should use google to realise this and see devs have stated this already.

Edited by Pvpingwithnoobs

You can unlock everything by raising you legacy level and playing new characters. You don't have to spend any credits at all unless you want to take a short cut to the goodies.

Edit: My bad. Some things are both. >_<

Edited by BigGun
Whoops

You can unlock everything by raising you legacy level and playing new characters. You don't have to spend any credits at all unless you want to take a short cut to the goodies.

This is patently false. Everything really "worth" getting cost credits.

Mailbox on ship 500k

GTN on ship 5 million

Ship Droid 1 million (PS the droid upgrade parts are crappy that you buy from it for 100k)

millions of credit for rocket booster

I guess the buffs for having max faction with companions is good.

Quite honestly I don't care if my Inquisitor can cast orbital strike (or my sniper lightning storm) in open world pve, I think that pretty much kills my immersion and I won't do it either way.

If you don't know or aren't sure quit spreading mis-information. Some are both and some are either or.

"Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller

...And let me make this clear, since there's some confusion about it:

The system allows you to unlock things EITHER via achieving the unlock condition (e.g. reaching chapter 2 in a specific class, reaching a specific PvP rank, etc) OR by paying credits. It is not both.

The credit option exists so players can enjoy content that they know they would never unlock in regular play (e.g. 'I'd love a pureblood Smuggler, but no way I'll level a Sith Warrior just for that').

Some things (like legacy class abilities) cannot be purchased with credits while other things can only be purchased (not unlocked) but are gated by legacy level (e.g. the GTN for your ship requires you to have a high legacy level before you can purchase it)."

How is unlocking a true blood, after getting level 50 with one - a credit sink?

Now if you're lazy, and don't want to unlock them - THEN it's a credit sink.

I don't think you understand what's going on.

Bingo. My main was human (yay for presence bonus) I'm leveling a miraluka to unlock it, and I plan on buying the Chiss. and then rerolling one of each for my new sith.

Wow, these forums are moving fast today, hehe, so i'm bumping this post to see if anyone can answer my question above.

yes. that choice is one of the either or. you can level the race to 50, which unlocks it for other classes, or you can pay 1.5m creds to unlock a race of your choice. either or. does not require both.

This is patently false. Everything really "worth" getting cost credits.

Mailbox on ship 500k

GTN on ship 5 million

Ship Droid 1 million (PS the droid upgrade parts are crappy that you buy from it for 100k)

millions of credit for rocket booster

I guess the buffs for having max faction with companions is good.

Quite honestly I don't care if my Inquisitor can cast orbital strike (or my sniper lightning storm) in open world pve, I think that pretty much kills my immersion and I won't do it either way.

May be false as an ultimatum, but your comment is misleading at best. Everything YOU want costs credits, not everything WORTH getting. one of the biggest thigs for me in the legendary is unlocking races, which is an EITHER OR.

nice little ego you got there...thinking that you dictate what other people like. or perhaps your simply an extreme narcissist. combo of both?

For most of the legacy perks you don't need money and legacy, just either or.

The op should use google to realise this and see devs have stated this already.

I have to disagree. For pretty much anything that has a legacy level unlock you need the money AND legacy. It's mainly the stuff that has some non legacy level way of unlocking it that you don't have to pay. And then only if you take the non-legacy route. The legacy level route you'll have to pay.

i.e. unlocking the races are (lvl 1 to 50) or (reach legacy level x AND pay y credits)

OMG... I just read what all of the "Legacy Rewards" will cost. So ummmm yeah. Not sure why they're called "rewards".

Can one of you folks who constantly brag about how much money you have and how easy it is to make, mail me 60 million for the guild bank and another 10-20 million for all the other "rewards" that I get at legacy level 10?

Thank you so much in advance :D

BAH! no way! Get to work you lazy bum. I'm not telling you squat and mailing you even less. :p... and.. you're welcome :)

Well, let's see.

Legacy Fleet Pass and Legacy Quick Travel require both a Legacy level AND credits. 100k for first rank of each, 200k for second, and 300k for the third. And after spending 600k on all 3 of one, it doesn't even reduce the cooldown by half.

Rocket Boost requires Legacy level AND credits. A total of 4.5 million credits for all 3 ranks.

EVERYTHING in the Ship Upgrades section requires both Legacy level and credits. A total of 7.5 million for all unlocks there.

Personally, most of the stuff I wanted from the legacy system isn't even coming until 1.3. The experience gains and companion unlocks and the legacy speeder. And I fully expect most, if not all, of those to require legacy level and credit as well.

I am referring to the following site which outlines the various legacy levels and costs associated with "Legacy Rewards". They have a few different articles on tomorrow's update which I found pretty interesting.

http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/patch-1-2/

I am paying actual, real life currency to play the game. I am spending a considerable amount of time to reach a respectable legacy level, etc. etc. etc. I think adding pretty large credit sinks to certain features and then call them "rewards" is a bit disingenuous.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.