This launch is going to be ugly

Chunkie

I LOVE THIS GAME! I’ve always loved all of Bioware stuff, and have given them a lot of slack (i still defend that DA2 is a decent game) but even this long queue is testing my patience. 30 mins i can understand, but when you’re talking about over an hour, that just becomes unplayable.

It won’t drive me away, but no doubt it will drive some others. And we know that this is nothing compare to what launch day is going to be like. This is still pre-launch, so they have control over the influx of new users, and we’re still waiting an hour plus? OMG what is launch day going to be like?

I’m committed to this game, so i’m not going anywhere, but i have literally bought 10 copies of this game i’m giving out to friends and family for Christmas (it’s an awesome way to keep in touch). Is this what they’re going to be experiencing on launch day?

I’ve been around MMOs since Everquest, so i know what a bad launch is. It’s typical. But this is not your typical MMO where it’s us geeks, but this is a mainstream game. No other game will be reaching audiences that this game will bring in. It’s going to get people into MMOs who have never played MMOs before, who aren’t going to realize that game launches come with bumps.

But hours in the queues? Again, i’m committed, so it won’t drive me away, but it definitely will others!

So come on Bioware! Launch this game like this game deserves, perfect. Let others see what you’ve done. Don’t let the first taste of The Old Republic be a bitter one.

You have 3 days till launch. Good luck!

Here's my thing. IF you have a character there already. Whatever. Than wait it out, or just keep going with it. Secondly, IF you did not than just move to another server.

When WoW and Aeon and all that came out, there were much worse que times. It sucks. I agree. I'm also sticking around.

But they don't need a bunch of servers filled with 500 players. They need nice fat full servers. Just give it some time. This is one of the biggest MMO releases in history.

Dude... dragon age 2 is a terrible game! Im a bioware fanboy, but running through the same four or five dungeons and the same three or four world zones does not a good game make! The politics was fun. The fully voiced PC was fun. But lordy lordy, you cant pull what they pulled in that game! it was their first major stumble since NWN2!

PS. TO counter your gambit i will state my bioware fanboyism by declaring that jade empire was a stack of fun! I liked it more than kotor. So now we are on an equal footing! :p

Edited by ippollite

LOL @ the current Server Status... Every Single Server is Full. Life Goes On.

There's like... 5 that aren't. lol.

All my guildies are yelling at me for having Bioware choose us the server, since Iron Citadel has a 55 minute queue atm. I can't blame them, but I don't see many servers under 20m queue.

They need to raise the server capacities. You can't just keep opening new servers. In a few months there will be tons of dead servers then.

I had assumed a Full server would mean literally tons and tons of people running around and requiring multiple shards of each planet. But I've seen very few instances of sharding. Even right now, I see 2 Tython shards, 2 Coruscant shards and no sharding on any subsequent planet. Is that really a full server? Most people are still lv1-20 right? That's where the bulk of the population is.

Dude... dragon age 2 is a terrible game! Im a bioware fanboy, but running through the same four or five dungeons and the same three or four world zones does not a good game make! The politics was fun. The fully voiced PC was fun. But lordy lordy, you cant pull what they pulled in that game! it was their first major stumble since NWN2!

I didn't say it was a good game, i said it was decent!

I do enjoy the game generally when i get to play, but these waits are just horrendous, i stopped counting the full servers when i hit 24. im on 2 servers and theyre both full..

Just so frustrating that they cant use their brains and think, ok..what if....

Here's my thing. IF you have a character there already. Whatever. Than wait it out, or just keep going with it. Secondly, IF you did not than just move to another server.

When WoW and Aeon and all that came out, there were much worse que times. It sucks. I agree. I'm also sticking around.

But they don't need a bunch of servers filled with 500 players. They need nice fat full servers. Just give it some time. This is one of the biggest MMO releases in history.

What if you have a guild there? Like i said this would have been avoided if everyones tarted at same time. People are more willing to swap servers at level 10 and lower once you get people in their 30's they dont want to.

Your decent is a step too far! its great for about a chapter or two, but then it gets very very bad. Id give it a rating of below adequate.

It had fantastic voice acting, fantastic graphics, fantastic story, and nearly bug free. They just phoned it in when it came to level design. Like you said, needed more than the few dungeons they had.

I didn't feel i got ripped off, i felt they could have done a better job, but i finished it and did enjoy it. As a departure from Bioware games, which i ALWAYS play through multiple times, i won't replay DA2 again.