Tried Carnage

Olvera

Hated it.

From lvl 29 to 31. I gave it two levels to prove itself better than Anni; it failed miserably.

Felt like it took longer to kill stuff and that I was a bigger glass cannon.

Only good thing was that my rage bar was filling up somewhat faster.

Changed back at lvl 31 and am now happy again. Thats right you republic slime. Bleed for me.

PVE wise at that level, I do better with Carnage. PVP wise, better stats (more damage and healing) with Anni. I'm sticking with Anni since I'm level 28 with my Marauder and just started Tat....I don't need to "work" for my quests anymore, really.

I talked about a similar thing in my "what to go for" thread and also read the stickied guide, but since this seems a lot more specific here, let me ask my question:

If you only do PvE and are at level 41, what should i do right now? I know that it is highly a thing of your playstyle and what you like, but i just would go for the one that gets the highest vote.

So Carnage seems to be great at lvl 50 and post-patch.

Which one would you guys recommend for PvE @lvl 41 that would benefit me til i reach that?

Edited by statistx

I know that it is highly a thing of your playstyle and what you like

^ you said it yourself, pick what you like

honestly, spec has less impact on the ease of leveling than you gear does

if you have all blue/orange gear thats within 4 or so levels of your current level you will do just fine, regardless of spec

and keep your companions gear up as much as possible too (though its not as important as your own gear)

yeah, i just respeced to annihilation and i have to say: Worst gaming experience ever. I wasn't even able to kill a golden enemy and with my messed up skilltree from before, i basically had no issues with 1 gold and 1 silver when i played it smart.

even non special enemies were a problem, so back to respec next time i'm at the fleet -_-

I have levelled from 18-31 as Annihilation. It worked fine and killed things effectively. The o e thing I just never liked about the spec is keeping Deadly Saber up as much as possible. When I got to level I could get Gore at I debated voing back to Carnage. I spent my first few levels with that spec and it didn't do well for me so I was hesitant. At 31 I said what the hell and changed back. Gore really seems to be the key talent to make that tree work. Massacre is nice but you can sub vicious slash until 40.

Like others have said, you need to find what suits your play and not 'the best' spec. If you play what you don't like you won't do as well as someone who is.

yeah, i just respeced to annihilation and i have to say: Worst gaming experience ever. I wasn't even able to kill a golden enemy and with my messed up skilltree from before, i basically had no issues with 1 gold and 1 silver when i played it smart.

even non special enemies were a problem, so back to respec next time i'm at the fleet -_-

That's interesting. See I lvled as annihilation and I was able to take on 2silvers and an elite pretty well with out being worried about dying at all.

But when speced to carnage ( after I had full champ) I found it hard to even kill a equivalent group I could roll over before.

However after a few hours of getting use to using gore, massacre, and force scream in rotation

I had no problem and was putting up over 300k in voidstar WZs.

Annihilation is the best 1v1 spec with close quarters, lowing interrupt CD... Heals.

With maybe only a really good operative being better.

I have to say tho... The roots in carnage are addictive.

You tried carnage from 29-31? Ha! Ha! That means nothing. If you're talking about PVE carnage you need to have tried some lvl 50 FP's or ops. If you're talking about PVP carnage you need to have tried the 50 bracket. Sorry to be a dick, but your post means nothing.

Minimum 40+ so you can at least have massacre before you make a judgement

Edited by NewLogic

That's interesting. See I lvled as annihilation and I was able to take on 2silvers and an elite pretty well with out being worried about dying at all.

But when speced to carnage ( after I had full champ) I found it hard to even kill a equivalent group I could roll over before.

However after a few hours of getting use to using gore, massacre, and force scream in rotation

I had no problem and was putting up over 300k in voidstar WZs.

Annihilation is the best 1v1 spec with close quarters, lowing interrupt CD... Heals.

With maybe only a really good operative being better.

I have to say tho... The roots in carnage are addictive.

I thought i wrote "worst experience for me", but obviously i missed that.

But yeah, i don't say it is bad, it's just bad for me and my former playstyle.

Your example shows that if you are used to one thing, it is hard to adjust to another spec and in my case i think i just got stressed out by the new priorities that i have to use during a combat.

Now I'm checking out Rage and i like it, probably cause it mostly uses abilities that i allready used before, which means barely any changes to my keybinds and skill "rotation"

I levelled Carnage most of the time on my Marauder, and only tried Annihilation for the first time when I already hit 50. I had no difficulty at all levelling. The instant-crit screams nuke down mobs, and it's rather spammable.

Carnage has a lot of things about it that are mostly PvP oriented, though, such as the roots from Ravage and Deadly Throw, and the Camouflage perk. The rest is quite fine, I don't see the problem.

Carnage is viable at any level and in my opinion is the most funny spec, of course is pvp-oriented, with a good footwork could be as good as anni or rage with less survability but with the best burst dmg focused in one target.

The key is to turn on berserker whenever it is avaliable and spam massacre with gore one. If massacre crits, it will take you 3 secsond to take down an anemy.

Let me show you a screen of a random match and you should think that i have seen other carnage maras getting better numbers than me.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/8854/sinttulo6g.png

Edited by Lewiscowface

You show a Voidstar match you lost as evidence of Carnage being good? I bet Rage spec would have been more beneficial to your team by AOEing near doors. Or even Anni for being able to stay alive longer to stop door caps.

Next time post a screenie of the Huttball match you won because you rooted the ball carriers so much they stopped wanting to pick up the ball.

^ you said it yourself, pick what you like

honestly, spec has less impact on the ease of leveling than you gear does

if you have all blue/orange gear thats within 4 or so levels of your current level you will do just fine, regardless of spec

and keep your companions gear up as much as possible too (though its not as important as your own gear)

Well, the problem with the game right now is that it is virtually impossible to keep you and your companions' gear up to date, since you don't get nearly enough commendations to upgrade moddable gear or to get better gear, even the GTN is not good enough to depend on, since crafters don't well, craft, unless it makes them a significant profit.

It pretty much forces you to either craft yourself or to gear up yourself and gimp your companion, or gear your companion and gimp yourself, i am sure 1.2 will solve this problem somewhat, since the Reverse Engineering will be more viable, which means you will be able to craft gear for yourself and depending on your companion, your companion as well and be able to get to purple more faster and it will be vastly less expensive.

Well, the problem with the game right now is that it is virtually impossible to keep you and your companions' gear up to date, since you don't get nearly enough commendations to upgrade moddable gear or to get better gear, even the GTN is not good enough to depend on, since crafters don't well, craft, unless it makes them a significant profit.

It pretty much forces you to either craft yourself or to gear up yourself and gimp your companion, or gear your companion and gimp yourself, i am sure 1.2 will solve this problem somewhat, since the Reverse Engineering will be more viable, which means you will be able to craft gear for yourself and depending on your companion, your companion as well and be able to get to purple more faster and it will be vastly less expensive.

ive not had any issue gearing up with any of my characters

i keep my own gear within ~4 levels of my level (i upgrade gear through comms, 90% of my mods are within 4 levels of me)

companions you dont need to keep them as up to date as you keep yourself, random greens i find while leveling plus any left over comms generally keep them pretty well geared for leveling ... average of even to -2 level green items mixed with blues within 4-6 levels of their level ... not to hard to maintain

Up until 1.2 gearing you and your companion was actually pretty simple.

1.) get some orange gear for you and your companion (availability differs hugely by slot, but everything except wrists/belt should be reasonably easy to get)

2.) learn cybertech

3.) craft armorings/mods

4.) trade in enhancements from comms

5.) profit

Not that you need to do all this, pve is not that punishing on stats, you could very much go with the greens you get from quests and pretty much ignore stats until 50 where they start to matter. I stopped caring by the 3rd character entirely and just rushed to 50 which is faster then bothering with equipment that much anyway, but that was to be expected.