Should I buy a Magenta Crystal Schematic before 1.2???

Ultimas

This is really bugging me. I've finally scrounged up the money and did the "quest" to get my raw Magenta Adegan Crystal, but now I'm scared to purchase the 250k schematic with 1.2 adding new Artifice stuff.

Is there going to be an endgame variant (+41 stat) version of the Magenta crystal or some other reason why I shouldn't purchase now?

Yes. They are making a 1.2 "supreme magenta" version, which I assume is like +50.

it requires original crystal, and is a new mini-quest for it.

Unless you can do the world bosses for crystal, just buy it.

I'm level 50 assassin with pre-vendor magenta, and vendor Purple, and my level 37 bought a cyan for the knight in advanced.

why not buy the magenta crystal itself off the vendor?

btw, no one wants magenta.

everyone wanted Purple. the closest thing you could get was magenta, thus the popularity of magenta.

now that purple is on the vendor, no one wants magenta. not enough to pay 200+k anyway.

so don't buy that schematic thinking how much money you'll be making selling Magenta crystals, because you won't.

Edited by Holinyx

Honestly I didn't want to use it to sell pink Lightsaber Crystals, I have an alt and a companion that I want to use it on. And I'm not sure we can purchase Magenta crystals directly from the crystal vendor.

Yes. They are making a 1.2 "supreme magenta" version, which I assume is like +50.

I'm level 50 assassin with pre-vendor magenta, and vendor Purple, and my level 37 bought a cyan for the knight in advanced.

I assume the "supreme magenta" is a +41 stat version of that magenta crystal comparable to the (currently) vendor-sold +41 crystals..

If that would be the case, buying the recipes makes no sense to me, since why would someone want a +33 lvl 48 crystal if they can have a +41 lvl 50 crystal?

Way to undervalue me getting the recipe from the world boss, bioware.

This line

I dont understand at all.. Magenta crystals arent sold, only the recipes are...

Edited by Karkais

the recipe itself is also going boe off from the world boss, however any you buy now will remain bound.

it essentially comes down to if you want the recipe or not. there isnt much real reason to craft the crystals other than you want that particular color.

why not buy the magenta crystal itself off the vendor?

btw, no one wants magenta.

everyone wanted Purple. the closest thing you could get was magenta, thus the popularity of magenta.

now that purple is on the vendor, no one wants magenta. not enough to pay 200+k anyway.

so don't buy that schematic thinking how much money you'll be making selling Magenta crystals, because you won't.

I sell a magenta crystal on our GTN and /trade channel almost every single day for 200-300k, so don't think this guys experience is the same everywhere.

I've heard rumors about +46 crystals but nothing about +50 or some side-quest for an upgrade. I know that pre-order and Razer crystals will be upgrade'able though but through a cost and not a mission.

Anyhow, magenta crystals used to sell for between 275K and 325K on my server. I havent checked the market since the geologist was added though. I have three of them, two on companions and one sitting in a storage bay, all with different attributes.

I'd say go ahead and get it. It's unique and it sure does look nice. Besides, 250k is nothing. That's just a day and a half worth of dailies (excluding flashpoints and such).

At level 50 credits are just there, not much you can spend on really.

ugh I had 175K, borrowed 75k credits from a guild mate and bought the schematic for the Advanced Magenta Resonating Crystal 10 min before the upgrade last night. :eek: The geologist vendor was gone from fleet this morning. Too much cash but at least I have it now, even if its still a world boss drop I'll save the hassle. Now just gotta work up my skill level to make some. :D (of course first i gotta pay back my buddy lol)

But dang Kira is gonna look hot.

Advanced Magenta Resonating Crystal

Binds on Equip

Color Crystal (Item Modifications)

Total Stats:

Armor Rating 124

+33 Power

Requires Level 49

Just not sure if this one is going to be available?

Advanced Magenta Hawkeye Crystal

Binds on Equip

Color Crystal (Item Modifications)

Total Stats:

Armor Rating 136

+41 Power

Requires Level 50

This Color Crystal can be used to change the color of your weapon.

Edited by DelphinHunter

yeh lvl 39 so I figure making 75K will be much easier for me soon . (Thanks :p)

ugh,20 dailies, oh well ....at least I got my chicken...

Anyone know if the +41 magenta crystals are available anywere after patch 1.2?

ie the Advanced Magenta Hawkeye Crystal

Edited by DelphinHunter