Why swtor is better than WoW

unicornfive

In wow i liked 3 classes a lot and i played them all :

Rogue, very nice dps with cloak of shadows and vanish so cool

Death knight tank, heavy armor, unkillable

And holy paladin healer

In SWTOR i didnt had to make 3 different classes to enjoy all playstyles...I just made an assassin!!! 3 in 1 !

Thank you bioware :D

Edited by unicornfive

The problem is only 3 soon to be 4 war zones, (Ilum is basically scrapped and you never see people in world pvp) vs everything WoW has now.

I do like this game, But we are going to have to wait YEARS for them just to catch up content wise. They NEED something I can't already do in WoW. Right now that is only hutball.

Edited by Lt_Latency

In wow i liked 3 classes a lot and i played them all :

Rogue, very nice dps with cloak of shadows and vanish so cool

Death knight tank, heavy armor, unkillable

And holy paladin healer

In SWTOR i didnt had to make 3 different classes to enjoy all playstyles...I just made an assassin!!! 3 in 1 !

Thank you bioware :D

Is this a thinly veiled whine thread?

I think so.:rolleyes:

Is this a thinly veiled whine thread?

I think so.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

I dont know, i think every tank speced class in game can deal very nice dmg, self heal and survive quite well and when they are clsoe to death, vanish ofc. Juggernaut tank for example...he does nice dps (on 40lvl lower classes) he can self heal (wz pots) he can survive for long time (as long as it takes for wz door to open) and he can vanish (you die, u vanish from your spot, and even better, u get teleported in spawn point.

Edited by unicornfive

When you get your Assassin to wear heavy plate and start healing himself, then continue this nonsense about assassin being DK or Pally!

How much armor assassin has in dp...ehm...tank stance? Im pretty sure he has more than a jugg in shien/shii-cho form = more than heavy armor

oh my bad, This is a 31/31/31 spec thread.

This. These threads are getting pretty old and the fact that your random whiner lumps deception and madness in with the "op talk" shows just how clueless most of these people are. I've even seen people complain about darkness while describing deception abilities...

The problem is only 3 soon to be 4 war zones, (Ilum is basically scrapped and you never see people in world pvp) vs everything WoW has now.

I do like this game, But we are going to have to wait YEARS for them just to catch up content wise. They NEED something I can't already do in WoW. Right now that is only hutball.

Do you really expect this NEW game to have the same content as a game which is on it's fourth....(if panda thing is out 5th) expansion?

Try and remember vanilla wow, this game is lightyears beyond vanilla... WITH the ability to have unlimited expansions.....How many planets are in space?... And the game has been out what 4 1/2 months... Give bioware a break dude.

Edited by darkmoney

Do you really expect this NEW game to have the same content as a game which is on it's fourth....(if panda thing is out 5th) expansion?

Try and remember vanilla wow, this game is lightyears beyond vanilla... WITH the ability to have unlimited expansions.....How many planets are in space?... And the game has been out what 4 1/2 months... Give bioware a break dude.

I would hope so. After WoW..there are some things developers need to start doing from the start. Cross server pvp, battlegrounds...

It's so disappointing the standard of players today. Not just directed at you, but I seen so many posts about comparing TOR to WoW vanilla.

To keep up with the gaming market today, you have to be better than comparing to a game 7 years ago. If they really set their standards to, "It's better than Vanilla WoW, so it's ok." Then it is really disappointing. That game was released 7 years ago, TOR was released 2011. The standard and the interest of the player base is not the same man. Comparing the two is not OK. You need to be competitive with the markets TODAY. Present time. If you are going to compare, you have to compare with WoW today. Saying, at least it's better than Vanilla WoW is not going to cut it.

Edited by heikaze

Hey spongebob smartpants. From what I have heard, bioware has invested 300 million dollar and nearly a decade of development into this game.

And what do we get? A game not even worthy for beta testing. A game so incomplete there is only 1, ONLY ONE activity to do for PvP'ers, which is going through the same boring warzone cycle all friggin day.

What do we get next week? Patch 1.2 . They are releasing an INCOMPLETE legacy system with USELESS spells, buffs, and what not. They are only useable in SOLO PVE.

What will this legacy system cost? Probably around 30 million credits to max out.

Bioware is DESPERATELY stalling the updates, which are ready by the way, just so they can release the good stuff when the big titles release, D3, GW2, what not.

Bioware has gotten "a break" for several months now. They are nerfing the wrong classes, buffing the strong ones, and releasing content we don't need.

The game has lost its sparkle, there is no such thing as progression anymore as the best items are available within a matter of days of gameplay. Leveling a toon to 50 involves spamming your spacebar over 9000 times to skip the useless dialogs, and doing the same old quest routine.

And as for vanilla WoW, WoW didn't make its players h0rny about their game for 6 fkin years mate, WoW didn't brag so endlessly about how awesome the game would be. WoW earned its players because it is a good game, or at least it WAS a good game.

I have had to move away from 2 servers because the population was dying. I am now on the most populated server, Tomb of Freedom Nadd. I hope that I can get my toon to 50 BEFORE 1.2 releases, but I don't care much tbh. I have leveled 3 chars to 50 and I know now that bioware does not care about its customers, it cares about income, and as long as we keep subscribing they keep their expensive cars and houses and they won't give a damn.

Hey spongebob smartpants. From what I have heard, bioware has invested 300 million dollar and nearly a decade of development into this game.

And what do we get? A game not even worthy for beta testing. A game so incomplete there is only 1, ONLY ONE activity to do for PvP'ers, which is going through the same boring warzone cycle all friggin day.

What do we get next week? Patch 1.2 . They are releasing an INCOMPLETE legacy system with USELESS spells, buffs, and what not. They are only useable in SOLO PVE.

What will this legacy system cost? Probably around 30 million credits to max out.

Bioware is DESPERATELY stalling the updates, which are ready by the way, just so they can release the good stuff when the big titles release, D3, GW2, what not.

Bioware has gotten "a break" for several months now. They are nerfing the wrong classes, buffing the strong ones, and releasing content we don't need.

The game has lost its sparkle, there is no such thing as progression anymore as the best items are available within a matter of days of gameplay. Leveling a toon to 50 involves spamming your spacebar over 9000 times to skip the useless dialogs, and doing the same old quest routine.

And as for vanilla WoW, WoW didn't make its players h0rny about their game for 6 fkin years mate, WoW didn't brag so endlessly about how awesome the game would be. WoW earned its players because it is a good game, or at least it WAS a good game.

I have had to move away from 2 servers because the population was dying. I am now on the most populated server, Tomb of Freedom Nadd. I hope that I can get my toon to 50 BEFORE 1.2 releases, but I don't care much tbh. I have leveled 3 chars to 50 and I know now that bioware does not care about its customers, it cares about income, and as long as we keep subscribing they keep their expensive cars and houses and they won't give a damn.

So unsub FFS! I'm so tired of all you negative Nancy boys on the forums, polluting it with your tripe. If you don't enjoy the game, or are not satisfied with content then find something else to do. One of the reasons this game doesn't grow is because people who are considering playing this game come to these forums and see nothing but incessant whining from people like you. How do I know this? Because I've had 3 seperate coworkers(all of which I played WoW with for years) get turned off by the game because of reading the garbage most of this forum is filled with. Luckily they had enough sense to come over and watch me play, start a toon of their own.

You don't get a second chance at a first impression, and for many curious MMO vets who come to the forums looking for the game/communities climate, people like you are not making a good one. Go ahead and go down your list of things that YOU don't like, or things that aren't up to YOUR standards, I won't read it. For every 1 of you(forum cryers) there are 25 people like me who enjoy the game and don't spend an inordinate amount of time complaining on a forum of a product I'm paying for, that I don't enjoy(which is completely asinine, within itself).

It's so disappointing the standard of players today. Not just directed at you, but I seen so many posts about comparing TOR to WoW vanilla.

To keep up with the gaming market today, you have to be better than comparing to a game 7 years ago. If they really set their standards to, "It's better than Vanilla WoW, so it's ok." Then it is really disappointing. That game was released 7 years ago, TOR was released 2011. The standard and the interest of the player base is not the same man. Comparing the two is not OK. You need to be competitive with the markets TODAY. Present time. If you are going to compare, you have to compare with WoW today. Saying, at least it's better than Vanilla WoW is not going to cut it.

It's funny you say that players have lower standards today, but if you look at these forums it's all filled with people whining about how there isn't enough stuff in TOR.

You're right that games have to compete with today's WoW, but at the same time you have to realize that it's impossible to provide the exact same amount of content as a game that has had almost a decade of content.

What matters for a game to succeed is to be different enough from the competition to be novel, and at the same time be similar enough it's not so alienating to the casuals. I think TOR succeeds and that and will continue to succeed.

It's funny you say that players have lower standards today, but if you look at these forums it's all filled with people whining about how there isn't enough stuff in TOR.

You're right that games have to compete with today's WoW, but at the same time you have to realize that it's impossible to provide the exact same amount of content as a game that has had almost a decade of content.

What matters for a game to succeed is to be different enough from the competition to be novel, and at the same time be similar enough it's not so alienating to the casuals. I think TOR succeeds and that and will continue to succeed.

I never said anything about players on the forums whining, never said TOR needs to put out the "exact same amount of content" as WoW.

I was merely responding to a post that was comparing Vanilla WoW to TOR, that said it is OK because they were both in the early stage, despite the fact Vanilla WoW was a 7 year old game. At the time.

While I dont necessarily think WoW is "better" than TOR, I think it's a more developed game at this point. Endgame is much better fleshed out and pvp is far more dynamic in WoW than ToR - but WoW also has the advantage in budget and time.

Third party mods also make a HUGE difference...the buff/debuff display in this game is total garbage - WoW has done it better even since vanilla.

As it stands for me personally, I will probably go back to WoW for PvP and PvE simply because 1. There is more PvE content that is easier to find groups for and 2. I dont want to pay for a vanilla game that lacks dozens of features simply because it "isn't wow".

I think that was the market share Bioware was going for (the burnt out on WoW crowd) - but they'll lose it fast if they dont realize that if they focused more on what made WoW good, they'd be much better off.

I never said anything about players on the forums whining, never said TOR needs to put out the "exact same amount of content" as WoW.

I was merely responding to a post that was comparing Vanilla WoW to TOR, that said it is OK because they were both in the early stage, despite the fact Vanilla WoW was a 7 year old game. At the time.

I get what you're saying, my friends and I were discussing this today; if they had put in some of the features WoW has had for some time now when TOR launched, I think the game would be in a much better state. It's already a WoW clone with voiced quest dialog, so why try to reinvent the wheel when eventually you're gonna have the same thing (the way TOR devs have already promised x-server BG's, LFD tool, etc).

So unsub FFS! I'm so tired of all you negative Nancy boys on the forums, polluting it with your tripe. If you don't enjoy the game, or are not satisfied with content then find something else to do. One of the reasons this game doesn't grow is because people who are considering playing this game come to these forums and see nothing but incessant whining from people like you. How do I know this? Because I've had 3 seperate coworkers(all of which I played WoW with for years) get turned off by the game because of reading the garbage most of this forum is filled with. Luckily they had enough sense to come over and watch me play, start a toon of their own.

You don't get a second chance at a first impression, and for many curious MMO vets who come to the forums looking for the game/communities climate, people like you are not making a good one. Go ahead and go down your list of things that YOU don't like, or things that aren't up to YOUR standards, I won't read it. For every 1 of you(forum cryers) there are 25 people like me who enjoy the game and don't spend an inordinate amount of time complaining on a forum of a product I'm paying for, that I don't enjoy(which is completely asinine, within itself).

I call BS on this. If you're an "MMO vet" you'll know the forums are the LAST place you should look for reviews of a game. You think the WoW forums are any better? Guessing this is your first MMO...

I'll add that I also think this game is absolute **** really. The PVP is a complete joke. Quests buggy as hell, boring and repetative. It's about where WoW was back in vanilla which is pathetic for a game launched so long afterwards. That's my opinion - I don't give a toss if you agree or not.

Edited by Scerion

Not hard to be better than wow when it comes to pvp.

Well SWTOR has certainly failed. I played WoW from BC till I quit the end of last year, and the arena and BGs were a lot more interesting and skill based than the crap in SWTOR. No working DR system, CDs on every skill, sluggish controls, is just inexcusable.

lol what has happened in this thread is funny.

The OP makes a comment that he can play class which is really 3 classes combined(and is OP), which is something he can't do in WoW(not that there aren't plenty of imbalances in WoW) and so TOR is better then WoW when really his core comment was on Sin/Shadow imbalance.

Most people are completely oblivious to this and an argument over WoW verse TOR starts.