most overpowered pvp class

Heith

i play a Sentinel now before then 1.2 and I don't feel weak if my group is half decent actually i feel i can make the difference... i do feel weak if the group is terrible

on the other hand i play a shadow too and i feel okey when my team is decent and with okey i mean i can do my job help toward the victory but if i were an healer i wouldn't waste time healing me....

But when the team is terrible i can really make the difference alone i can do stuff that a sentinel couldnt...

Alone I can EASILY prevent a runner to score in hutball while as a sentinel i dont have much to prevent it, I can stop him "perhaps" with all my thing not in cooldown but no way as easily as a shadow

Alone I can easily cap a turret sneaking around while with sentinel even if i use the terrain and my invisible short thing they see me in advance and can call for help way way earlier

Alone I can hyperun in voidstair and ignoring the fight trying to sneak invisible open the second/thirth/fourth door (first door too but they have to be real terrible) under the nose of the enemy with a sentinel i cannot do that unless the other team is blind

This said if for pvp we consider warzone Sentinel will never be OP

It may be hard to kill it may win a 2vs1 but it's not so hard to ignore honestly this is why I think sentinel will never be a real OP even if people think so they just die to a sentinel but how many time did the sentinel accomplish an objective effectivly/easily as a shadow? NEVER

They are fighter they stay in the middle and kill that's why they are considered OP but in reality towards the accomplishment of the warzone they are not OP we dont even have many AOE to stop capping we have to tab target one by one MOFO

Edited by Pekish

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i play a Sentinel now before then 1.2 and I don't feel weak if my group is half decent actually i feel i can make the difference... i do feel weak if the group is terrible

on the other hand i play a shadow too and i feel okey when my team is decent and with okey i mean i can do my job help toward the victory but if i were an healer i wouldn't waste time healing me....

But when the team is terrible i can really make the difference alone i can do stuff that a sentinel couldnt...

Alone I can EASILY prevent a runner to score while with a sentinel i dont have much to prevent it

Alone I can easily cap a turret sneaking around while with sentinel even if i use the terrain and my invisible short thing they see me in advance and can call for help way way earlier

Alone I can hyperun in voidstair and ignoring the fight trying to sneak invisible open the second/thirth/fourth (first door too but they have to be real terrible) door under the nose of the enemy with a sentinel i cannot do that unless the other team is blind

This said if for pvp we consider warzone Sentinel will never be OP as utility it may be hard to kill but not so hard to ignore honestly this is why I think sentinel will never be a real OP even if people think so they just die to a sentinel but how many time did the sentinel accomplish an objective effectivly as a shadow? NEVER they are fighter they are to stay in the middle and kill that's why they are considered OP but in reality towards the accomplishment of the warzone they are not OP

Try the middle spec (for your sentinel) for more objective-based functionality... at the cost of survivability. You have the 12s slow, force charge, choke/stasis, the root/heal debuff from sabre throw and the root from ravage/master strike. Makes for a very good hutt-ball defender, and if you get knocked into a firepit, your force camo will break any slows/roots. You can also dish out enough dps to pop most classes that would attempt the final waltz into the endzone even if you're solo, but be warned: you're squishy.

Edited by SinnedWill

I am actually a weird mix of skill i dont stick to 1 breanch but yeah of course i tend to be more watchman for the bubble/invulnerability

anyway in the list u done i see a lot of things to make damage but that wont stop an half decent player running the ball if i am alone

as usual i agree with you if i am not alone and at least in 2 i can with all you listed prevent capping

but ALONE as shadow i can easily do way better then my sentinel i have PUSH i have PULL i have STUN i have SLOW i have it all....

I agree with u i could make my built around beeing more effective in huttball but that's not what a shadow has to do... you see the difference u see why a shadow can really make the difference in 1 game ALONE and i am as sentinel 100% group dependent

I'm sorry, but did you just say that Sorcerers are the most OP class from a Maurader's point of view?

You are aware that OP stands for "Over Powered" not "Free Kill", right?

The ability to use terrain to escape does not make a class over powered. Sorcerers are skirmishers. If you focus them they HAVE to run away or else they almost immediately die.

Ehm...no, I didnt?

you are trying to tell me that if we get 8 people in the 8 different class and they are all played correctly we have perfect balance?

because saying everyclass is op if played correctly = 8 class play correctly 8 class op = 8 class op = all class are strong the same

Lady and Gentlament SWTOR accomplished perfect balance

Edited by Pekish

I would say that the only class that is truly broken is the Merc/Commando hybrid healer/damage build. I don't know the exact spec but it goes just far enough up the healing tree that they can single target heal themselves pretty much forever and they can do just enough damage that they will eventually kill anyone who they fight against solo. You need at least 2 players with perfect interrupts to take one down but solo they're impossible to beat.

And that's the problem with healers in this game.

Sage/Sorc's are just as bad. They go down much easier but the fact is they can outlast most classes 1v1 unless you are a real good player and its not fair that you have to be excellent to take down a healer but the healer can be an absoloute moron and still probably beat you.

I am actually a weird mix of skill i dont stick to 1 breanch but yeah of course i tend to be more watchman for the bubble/invulnerability

anyway in the list u done i see a lot of things to make damage but that wont stop an half decent player running the ball if i am alone

In the combat tree: Displacement skill will cause Crippling Throw to Root for 3 seconds (ignores resolve). Debilitation skill will cause Master Strike to Root for its duration (again, ignores resolve). You will still have 12s slow from leg slash (no cooldown), you will still have force stasis and awe, and if you put 2 points into the Focus Tree's skill "Stagger", your force leap will root for an extra second. Thus, Combat spec with 2 points into Focus spec is great for preventing people from running the ball in. If the target is at full resolve (which they usually are), force leap (3s root), Crippling Throw (3s root+heal debuff), Master Strike (3s root), Leg Slash (50% slow, 12 seconds). Meaning they can't move at all for roughly 9 seconds if you have a well-timed cycle. And, of course, that spec will depend upon you using Precision Slash for the 100% armor penetration. As I said before, you will either kill the person outright or buy your team 10-15 seconds for them to respawn to come get them. Keep in mind you can also keep them rooted in the fire pit from safety via careful positioning. Now, your shadow can't pull/stun while a target has full resolve, so against full resolve targets, a combat-specced sentinel would be better. But against empty resolve targets, yes, your shadow's pull becomes very useful. Unfortunately, once your target has full resolve, which a smart ball-carrier will wait for prior to crossing the last firepit, your shadow can only slow from 10m, which isn't enough to stop.

so i have to make 3 skill work without the other person Stunning me pushing me away (happen all the time i cannot stop a push away) without someone pulling me away

so i have to work my way through 3 or 4 button JUST TO SLOW DOWN and then TRY TO KILL HIM

with my shadow 1 BUTTON and he flip down in the pit

or 1 BUTTON and if i am on the wrong near the fire on a wrong lvl pull him and dead

how can you even compare the 2 things one super easy the other one is me working 123425436 skill to make the same stuff the other class do with 1 BUTTON

you dont see my point

i am not saying it's impossible i say the difficulty in doing the stuff to BE EFFECTIVE toward the GAOL of the warzone is COMPLETLY DIFFERENT

now come here and try to explain me in 10 step how to do something another class can do in 1 EASY step and call this not beeing OP

let me try to break it down to you when i play my shadow i fell USEFULL in EVERY warzone even ALONE if my team sux i can do the difference

with my sentinel only if my team support me in am truely more usefull then the shadow but that means I need to roll ALWAYS with a premade that talk in Vent

do you understand why no matter how you turn it even if at TOP lvl with "only" premade sentinel can be considered OP in real world where people just try to play the game for fun and join PUG Shadow is 10 times more important/op then sentinel

Edited by Pekish

Half of this thread is people who rolled easy mode classes complaining they are going to be getting punched in the face by Mard/sents. Really that's about all Sents and Marauders are good for, off objective DPS/Damage in public matches. Good pre made groups are not 3 sents and a pocket healer. The melee DPS classes have very little utility in objective based PVP.

There are really two kinds of PVP . 1. Playing for Scoreboard E-peen and 2. playing to win matches. They are in fact mutually exclusive styles of play. A good winning Hutt Ball and Void Star team may often have lower damage totals than the losing the team because they are playing for the objectives, not the kills.

Ever been in a civil war where your whole team rushed the middle? I bet those sents/maruds really helped you kill the one guy from the enemy team who rushed mid fast. But it wasn't fast enough to stop the other team from capturing both side turrets. Then your down two turrents and sent/marudr aren't that good at base caps, especially if they have blown their defense cool downs.

When PVP'ing as team Rage/focus Dps are a much better choice than Watchmen/Annihilation because at least they can play some defense by AOE'ing people off the objectives, and provide a nice movement buff. I would rather have two Defense/Immortal Guards/Jugs than 2 Sents/Maruds in any objective based pvp.

Half of this thread is people who rolled easy mode classes complaining they are going to be getting punched in the face by Mard/sents. Really that's about all Sents and Marauders are good for, off objective DPS/Damage in public matches. Good pre made groups are not 3 sents and a pocket healer. The melee DPS classes have very little utility in objective based PVP.

There are really two kinds of PVP . 1. Playing for Scoreboard E-peen and 2. playing to win matches. They are in fact mutually exclusive styles of play. A good winning Hutt Ball and Void Star team may often have lower damage totals than the losing the team because they are playing for the objectives, not the kills.

Ever been in a civil war where your whole team rushed the middle? I bet those sents/maruds really helped you kill the one guy from the enemy team who rushed mid fast. But it wasn't fast enough to stop the other team from capturing both side turrets. Then your down two turrents and sent/marudr aren't that good at base caps, especially if they have blown their defense cool downs.

When PVP'ing as team Rage/focus Dps are a much better choice than Watchmen/Annihilation because at least they can play some defense by AOE'ing people off the objectives, and provide a nice movement buff. I would rather have two Defense/Immortal Guards/Jugs than 2 Sents/Maruds in any objective based pvp.

The only thing that frustrates me is there's no way to recognize certain contributions in hutball. I can't tell you how many matches my team has won 6-0 (or 6-2, etc) where me and a guildie or even pugs just do a lot of passing and score really quickly and easily and walk out with 1 medal.

I played a match where 3/6 points were me grabbing the ball and walking it there myself while everyone fought and the other 3/6 was me passing to someone who passed to someone else and I had 0 medals. I try my best to play to win, especially in hutball but there is a severe lack of point to it. Accomplishment sure. My guild always invites me to PvP with them because we work so well together but I end up lacking in the points I want/need because of it. This also applies to Civil War when I'm guarding a turret alone. If no one attacks I just sit there and get 2 defender medals (idk if there are more because I've never gotten anything else).

I don't believe any class is OP'd. I do believe certain ABILITIES are OP'd (due to the fact that a player without any degree of skill that uses theese abilities can perform remarkably well). If there is an "OP'd" class, however, I can only think of one - and it's not necessarily due to the class being OP'd, it's more of the fact that it is VERY FLEXIBLE due to the vast array of types of damage it can deal and the fact that it has very few classes for which it is vulnerable to. Namely: Tank/Hybrid Assassin/Shadows. In all honesty, they do have a great deal of utility, survivability, sustained dps, burst dps, AoE, self-healing (although minimal, it can add up to >75k in lv. 50 WZ's), the ability to guard others (4 protection medals for 15 seconds of work is just LOLz) and taunt debuffs (which are used infrequently; however, they can be extremely useful in chaotic moments), get a significantly high armor value compared to every other class that can dish out dps, a pull (which is significant enough to list seperately from utility for many reasons, even beyond hutt-ball's fire/poison-bathing), a very good stun-lock combo (between electrocute and spike) for which its duartion is long enough to kill most classes around 50% health for its duration, a defensive cooldown that counters most melee and a good chunk of ranged classes' attacks, shortened force speed cool down timer + force-speed breaks existing slows/roots/etc., a 5s force shroud (breaks all existing debuffs/DoT's + immunity to all attacks, debuffs, environmental damage, utility for duration - still don't get why people cry about marauder's Undying Rage, especially if you compare it to this), stealth, in-combat stealth (which can be coupled with force shroud and force speed to successfully escape virtually every encounter unless you run into a stealth probe), etc...

IF there was an OP'd class/spec, it'd be this; however, I don't believe any classes are really OP'd, and agree that a very good player of any class/spec can make it seem overpowered - however, this class/spec is certainly the most notable version when played by a very good player with a proper build, proper mods being stacked, and a good rotation/cycle. Being one of the plethora of classes I play, it's a shame to admit, but I can't help but feel somewhat dirty when I play it sometimes - especially if my enemies don't know how to counter it.

The only thing that frustrates me is there's no way to recognize certain contributions in hutball. I can't tell you how many matches my team has won 6-0 (or 6-2, etc) where me and a guildie or even pugs just do a lot of passing and score really quickly and easily and walk out with 1 medal.

I played a match where 3/6 points were me grabbing the ball and walking it there myself while everyone fought and the other 3/6 was me passing to someone who passed to someone else and I had 0 medals. I try my best to play to win, especially in hutball but there is a severe lack of point to it. Accomplishment sure. My guild always invites me to PvP with them because we work so well together but I end up lacking in the points I want/need because of it. This also applies to Civil War when I'm guarding a turret alone. If no one attacks I just sit there and get 2 defender medals (idk if there are more because I've never gotten anything else).

This is being addressed in 1.2 patch. You'll get more medals for certain types of objective-based participation.

thx finally someone that see what i am trying to say... ^_^

well done Mrtheox

sentinel is the king of the ARENA but... guess what there is no ARENA :p

Even then I'm not even sure if it's king of the Arena Ops/scoundrels are pretty nasty when well played. There ability to stealth gives them the initiative, coupled with their roots and slows makes them more than a challenge for Sent/Marauder

I have a Sent, It's alot of fun to play, Smashing buttons, timing kicks, popping defense, moving the whole time, but it's greedy play. I know I've let more than few bombs get planted chasing down a kill on Void Star.

Well, I suppose I can disagree on this to an extent since a pair of marauders (or in some cases, 1 good marauder) will usually kill two side-turret defenders quickly enough together to be able to cap the turret before reinforcements from the other side and before the defenders can speeder back to the turret.

Personally, I have a carnage marauder (the one with the roots and very high burst dps) and if I pop expertise Adrenal + Power Relic + defensive abilities aren't on cooldown, I will often be able to solo 2 defenders and cap before they speeder back (but this depends heavily upon the classes/specs I'm fighting).

As for hutt-ball, I am very good at stopping the opposing team from scoring (via ~9s of root time, so even at full resolve, I usually manage to save the day). I'm also pretty good at scoring quickly (usually I'll kill a ball-carrier around the middle of the field, pop predation + cloak of pain and might have to throw up sabre-ward - then either run the ball straight up the gut or along a side until the person I just killed is released - then I'll force charge up to them, pop undying rage if I need to, while I waltz in to score, and immediately pop force camo to get out of dodge).

In Voidstar, most of the fighting is a matter of timing when respawned enemies will be released and I heavily focus on enemy healers, CC's, and Debuffers (namely, Merc/Commandos that spam Tracer/Grav round). Due to having many roots, a channeled stun, and an AoE stun, I tend to be the person near where they drop from respawn while one of my teammates are planting the bomb so as to buy them those crucial seconds to complete it.

Unfortunately, Carnage Marauder is THE SQUISHIEST class in-game and is very easily killed via stunlocks, but its burst DPS is unrivaled (arguably) and often very easily shut-down completely (like all marauders) if there are 2+ Gunslingers/Snipers on the opposing team staggering leg shots for 5s roots (resulting in perma-root once camo and stunbreak are on cooldown).

A marauder/sent CAN kill 2 quick enough (if they are noobs) but he has to be a GOOD marauder a marauder known in the server to be good in that case YOU SEE HIM COMING his invisibility last 4second and i doubt he will waste it to approach...

so if u are NOT SLEEPING you have enough time to say in ops:

LEFT-1-strong

and people know to send at least 1 to check

with a shadow when they can sneak in and they can kill 2 as well honestly but the time to react and call help is LESS THEN HALF!!!!

plus

2 marauder = they can be seen easily and call for help

2 shadow = they can sneak hin stun one for long time kill quick the other and while 1 cap the other keep the remaining busy

As for hutball if u stop someone easily he is just BAD at his class end of story you cannot avoid beeing pushed away u cannot avoid beeing pulled away

sorry i dont see ur point you describe rare occasion and exception to put urself on pair of the "normal" things of a shadow can do with 1 button

so in rare occasion you are as cool as a shadow but he does it with no effort and all the time you "may" do it if all ur cooldown are ready you pop this and that.... please look at what u wrote and how can that be OP having to do all those things to reach a similar result of a 1 button?

Edited by Pekish

a pair of marauders (or in some cases, 1 good marauder) will usually kill two side-turret defenders quickly

Not fighting two equaled geared and buffed people. At least not fast enough for a decent team to get someone over to stop your cap. In lvl 50 pug matches it is so easy to melt someone simply because of gear differentials.

As for hutt-ball...snip

There are other classes that do what you describe way better. If any one lets a Mard/Sent pickup the ball from center and walk in it, that is a fail team. You should be pushed, pulled routed in the lava, acid or pit. If I see a Sent or Mard guarding the score when I have the ball, I go leap, push, score. A sents routs aren't going to keep a decent team from scoring, because you can't push them off the ledge.

If the other team is letting you spawn camp in void star they are doing it wrong, or all either under geard noobs

How come none of the people who scream OP about the assassin want to debate why its not OP with me, even in DPS gear.

The only class that I think is performing above its station is the Sentinel in that its gone from being Very Viable to REQUIRED in any type of group.

Is this a bad thing? no. But not when they bring 10x more to the table than any other DPS class with their utility and survivability. At least for PvP.

If they are the duel wielding class they should not have defensive cooldowns or utility to the degree they do.

Me and a Sentinel guildy always go right in Alderaan and can usually take anything but the worst odds of a 5v2 or 4v2 with some heavy hitter pyros/sorcs/ops.

How come none of the people who scream OP about the assassin want to debate why its not OP with me, even in DPS gear.

Me and a Sentinel guildy always go right in Alderaan and can usually take anything but the worst odds of a 5v2 or 4v2 with some heavy hitter pyros/sorcs/ops.

Assassin isn't OP

Assassin fights 2.5/1 wins

Assassin isn't OP

MFW

:confused:

I think the people who say they can win 1on2 or whatever never played against good players of the opposing class. You can take 2 of the worst matchup against your class, and if they're equal geared/skilled those two guys will generally defeat you very easily. It's actually more ridiculous when you go 2v4 or whatever because here, due to the sheer number of characters involved, it is almost certain you will find a mirror match so you can't even count on a favorable matchup. That is, you take say 2 Tankasin/Marauder and fight 4 guys and you're probably going to find at least 2 enemies are a Tankasin or a Marauder. I've had WZs where over half of the classes are Tankasin/Marauders and yet you're supposed to win while outnumbered by your mirror? Sure you can still win if the other guy sucks, but hoping your enemy sucks is not a reliable strategy and certainly never works against good opposition.

Things like picking targets, proper standing locations and saving skills are part and parcel of becoming a good Marauder player. The class by itself isn't necessarily outstandingly better.

That and 5k+ crits don't hurt either.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.