Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

most overpowered pvp class

Heith

lets start making a ranking of them by your experience. ill go first.

assassin

sorcerer

marauder

powertech

mercenary

operative

sniper

juggernaut

some of them are a little different in some scenarios for example an operative with surgical probe / surgical precision is very difficult to kill.

im not complaining i am an assassin as my main and i have a 50 marauder as well this is just my experience on class balance. discuss.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people can say it's the player and not the class all they want but i disagree in terms of merc's tracer spam and inquis. lightning spam.

(i don't personally have a huge problem with it but i do find it pretty lame and op)

that has nothing to do with the player. just push 1 button over and over.

if the warzone goes quiet for a minute all you will hear in the distance is tracer missile spam, boom... booom... booom... booom.

and any class that can take the elements of huttball out of the equation like consular/inquis are too op.

the elements should kill you or be almost fatal, not just be avoided by a lame shield ability.

so.. i go with:

1> consular/inquis for their huttball ridiculousness.

2> merc bh for that ridiculous tracer spam

that's all.

Edited by teambff

lets start making a ranking of them by your experience. ill go first.

assassin <--- the hybrid spec

sorcerer <---- the whole class

marauder <---- the whole class

powertech <--- the whole class

mercenary <--- just arsonal tree

operative <--- just the dps tree's

sniper <--- the whole class

juggernaut <-- just the smash tree

some of them are a little different in some scenarios for example an operative with surgical probe / surgical precision is very difficult to kill.

im not complaining i am an assassin as my main and i have a 50 marauder as well this is just my experience on class balance. discuss.

your saying a merc/commando healers is hard to kill ? LOLOLOLOL

listen.. the purpose of the thread is to show us your list. every time one of you says "**** U DIE TO THEM OMG UR A TROLL UR LIST SUX LOL" it means nothing to me lol like literally nothing. post your list.

and you must be really bad if you've ever lost to a jugg in pvp

On my server there's are two Jugg players who are in the top 3 in DPS and Medals every round. How effective they actually are, idk because as a Shadow I'm not getting killed by those two particularly but I imagine they must be doing something right sice we're not steam rolling the Emp's.

I'd estimate

1. Assassins (Tank spec + DPS gear)

2. Marauders (just an overall good class)

3. Powertech

4....after that everything is kind of a wash with different classes having different Strengths/Weaknesses.

5. Vengeance and Tank Juggers suck

6. Lethality Operatives are too rare to judge.

listen.. the purpose of the thread is to show us your list. every time one of you says "**** U DIE TO THEM OMG UR A TROLL UR LIST SUX LOL" it means nothing to me lol like literally nothing. post your list.

maybe it means nothing to you, but i can explain! people are trying to make clear to you that your list is just hilarious. jugger last, lol! well anyway class balance is pretty tight, the only differences you will see on your skilllevel is playerskill, not class-balance issues.

It's not an easy thing to judge. Every class can be played well. The more important question is, which class is easier to be played well. Everyone always says that Marauders are powerful, but what they don't know is that it takes a much more skilled play a Marauder as well as say....a Sorcerer. A Sorcerer can turn invi, heal, boost speed, lighting from afar, CC & push back. Basically, a Sorc has almost everything it needs in it's arsenal, be it to run, fight or heal.

A Marauder has NONE of all those things. All a Marauder has is toughness and melee strikes. The rest is all wit. A Marauder player would have went through much more hardship than players of other classes, and thus, perhaps learnt to plan things better. Things like picking targets, proper standing locations and saving skills are part and parcel of becoming a good Marauder player. The class by itself isn't necessarily outstandingly better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.