Just dinged 50 and the game kind of died

Cebius

Just dinged 50 an hour ago and pretty fast the game felt kind of dead to me.

I finished the class story line at 49 and already then I lacked the urge to login once again and now that I am 50 and tried PvPing (really enjoyed 1-49) it went all to hell.

Me with 11900hp against 18-20k hp opponents that gibbed me in just a matter of seconds (while perma stunned/rooted of course) wasn't that fun. Gearing feels hard since Imperial on my server most often loses.

Grouping for FPs is near impossible and Operations is just out of the question of course.

What can I do? Is endgame actually to reroll and enjoy the other classes' story lines?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there are some dailies on belsavis.

There are FP's to be run.

If you want to run ops then find a guild that is running them.

FInd a guild with players whose interests are similar to your own and you will find people to run fp's with

Personally, I totally agree with just giving up. If its not easy its not for me. I want things handed to me with almost no effort on my part. BW has failed again. I just hit 50 myself and i fully expect to own everyone who has been playing their 50s for months. Its just not fair that all their hard work is worth more then my first 5 mins at 50.

P.S i am a totally reasonable, thoughtful, human being.

You do what everyone else does (or should do). You buy some gear, do dailys to get better mods.

Do PvP patiently, you will get geared pretty quick. (Or wait for 1.2 where Centurian/Champion gear is gone and replaced with a credit purchasable blue pvp set then spend all your commendations on Battlemaster gear).

Personally, I totally agree with just giving up. If its not easy its not for me. I want things handed to me with almost no effort on my part. BW has failed again. I just hit 50 myself and i fully expect to own everyone who has been playing their 50s for months. Its just not fair that all their hard work is worth more then my first 5 mins at 50.

P.S i am a totally reasonable, thoughtful, human being.

^^ This. All I have to say is put the work in to your toon at 50 that everyone that is "owing" you has done to theirs.

Don't give up. Take it from me as a new 50 and rather inexperienced PvPer you just have to have a bit of patience and not take it too seriously. My healer had all of 10k ish health and it seemed like I would go down in several hits. Trying to heal and dying repeatedly would sometimes net me zero badges in a warzone which was a bit disheartening. Now after three or so weeks playing at my slow pace, I've made good progress in my gear. I just started running all the Ilum/Belsavis dailies and am looking forward to some nice Rakata gear. Now I can top healing or come close to it in warzones and many times, get several MVP votes which is a nice feeling. You can't expect miracles which you hit 50. You have to put in the work to reap the rewards. Personally, I like the feeling of progress and getting better.

I see many, many players now all decked out in Battlemaster gear and full gear from instances. My only frustration right now is feeling a bit behind the curve in doing flashpoints. I think that I could heal through one of the easier ones but getting my spouse geared up is frustrating. He is leary about jumping into groups and I really don't want to go into hardmodes without him. For now, I will content myself just doing my dailies and waiting for him to catch up. Not being in a good guild has really hurt us in this respect.

OP...you make some valid points. Do not pay any attention to the ones who respond to your post and indicate you donot have any issues. The game does lack a lot once you hit 50. This is a common issue with a lot of players. The game needs tools to help you find end gane content to do easier. Right now, it is really lacking in that area. The problem is very apparent on low pop servers.

There are some dailies you can do...the ones I like are the ones on Belsavis. Do those to make some credits and expand your legacy some. Also....make a alt and level them. This will also help you level your legacy and get some more interest back in the game. But for now, until Bioware comes up with some good tools to help the players at max level enjoy the end game content, this is about all you can do.

It's not that I'm an inexperienced MMO-player and expect to have everything handed to me.

I've played MMOs since 2003 and I've done most hardcore content top 10 in games like WoW.

I know what a grind is, so don't make an *** of me with your sarcasm, thank you.

Problem is that with other games there's always been a kind of curve going from newly dinged to maxed out. When I enter a WZ, I expect to meet some other people with crappy gear as well but it feels like most people quit and there's only the die hard fans of the games left that are decked out.

If the game had other elements that made it interesting I would've just had patience with PvP. But as it is now, it lacks in many different ways. Getting a FP group together for instance is really hard on my server.

I unsubbed and hope to come back to a more polished game in the future.

OP...you make some valid points. Do not pay any attention to the ones who respond to your post and indicate you donot have any issues. The game does lack a lot once you hit 50. This is a common issue with a lot of players. The game needs tools to help you find end gane content to do easier. Right now, it is really lacking in that area. The problem is very apparent on low pop servers.

There are some dailies you can do...the ones I like are the ones on Belsavis. Do those to make some credits and expand your legacy some. Also....make a alt and level them. This will also help you level your legacy and get some more interest back in the game. But for now, until Bioware comes up with some good tools to help the players at max level enjoy the end game content, this is about all you can do.

I agree with you buddy, there is hardly nothing at all to do at 50.

1. flashpoints, thats too hard!

2. operations, thats too hard!

3. pvp, thats too hard!

4. dailies on bel, cor, ilum and space. booorriing

5. finishing my companions stories, i didn't even think of this so i cant do it.

6. finishing crafting thru DE for my guild. Oops i forgot this one, i was spending more time ************ in the forum so my guild hired another artifice.

now obviously i could spend some quality time like most of my freinds who don't bother with alts, and try to perfect my class knowledge. really learn the ins and outs of bounty hunter. after all I have only had my level 50 skills for about 5 mins. But honestly if BW doesn't spoon feed me the kind of easy-goin content I want I am just gonna have to unsub!

I agree with you buddy, there is hardly nothing at all to do at 50.

1. flashpoints, thats too hard!

2. operations, thats too hard!

3. pvp, thats too hard!

4. dailies on bel, cor, ilum and space. booorriing

5. finishing my companions stories, i didn't even think of this so i cant do it.

6. finishing crafting thru DE for my guild. Oops i forgot this one, i was spending more time ************ in the forum so my guild hired another artifice.

now obviously i could spend some quality time like most of my freinds who don't bother with alts, and try to perfect my class knowledge. really learn the ins and outs of bounty hunter. after all I have only had my level 50 skills for about 5 mins. But honestly if BW doesn't spoon feed me the kind of easy-goin content I want I am just gonna have to unsub!

Not every one enjoys PVP. Same with the Raiding and flashpoints. Some people actually like neither at the same time. So what then?

MMOs are not for you my friend. Actually I am not sure what IS for you. Solitaire maybe? I enjoy freecell myself.

I've been playing MMOs since the days of EQ. I've raided, but now I'm entirely burned out on it. I don't PVP because 90% of the people I run across make me question if Darwin was drunk when the human species evolved.

Besides, I'm not playing an MMO. I'm playing a Star Wars Single Player game with the occasional annoyance of having to look at the uselessness of other people.

Not every one enjoys PVP. Same with the Raiding and flashpoints. Some people actually like neither at the same time. So what then?

Then an MMO isn't for you?

All the people who complain that "there is nothing to do at 50" go take a look at that other game that people claim is so much better, there is nothing to do there at 85, just like there was nothing to do at 80, or 70 or even 60...except:

Socialize

Raid

Run instances

PVP

Crafting

Dailies

Roll an alt

Work on achievements

Explore

HOLY CRAP, that list looks like the exact same stuff you do at max level in all other MMO's as well including SWTOR!!! in SWTOR at 50 you can:

Socialize

Run Operations

Run instances

PVP

Crafting

Dailies

Roll an alt

Work on achievements/codex entries

Explore / datacrons/ holocrons

But there is so little to do. :rolleyes: And again if you don't like doing ANY of that then maybe an MMO isnt for you, because they are all. the. same.

Then an MMO isn't for you?

All the people who complain that "there is nothing to do at 50" go take a look at that other game that people claim is so much better, there is nothing to do there at 85, just like there was nothing to do at 80, or 70 or even 60...except:

Socialize

Raid

Run instances

PVP

Crafting

Dailies

Roll an alt

Work on achievements

Explore

HOLY CRAP, that list looks like the exact same stuff you do at max level in all other MMO's as well including SWTOR!!! in SWTOR at 50 you can:

Socialize

Run Operations

Run instances

PVP

Crafting

Dailies

Roll an alt

Work on achievements/codex entries

Explore / datacrons/ holocrons

But there is so little to do. :rolleyes: And again if you don't like doing ANY of that then maybe an MMO isnt for you, because they are all. the. same.

I never said WoW was better. Quite the contrary. WoW is the reason I'm as hateful as I am now.

Edited by Bluerodian

I never said WoW was better. Quite the contrary. WoW is the reason I'm as hateful as I am now.

MMOs are not for everyone. If you have burned out on MMOs then go play COD or Halo or something. SWTOR is an MMO. MMOs are all about progression. If that bores you then you need to go play another kind of game. Same goes for the OP or anyone else in this forum who continues to miss the point.

I finished the class story line at 49 and already then I lacked the urge to login once again and now that I am 50 and tried PvPing (really enjoyed 1-49) it went all to hell.

Me with 11900hp against 18-20k hp opponents that gibbed me in just a matter of seconds (while perma stunned/rooted of course) wasn't that fun. Gearing feels hard since Imperial on my server most often loses.

Grouping for FPs is near impossible and Operations is just out of the question of course.

What can I do? Is endgame actually to reroll and enjoy the other classes' story lines?

Can't think of anything to do? How about the quest line to the Battle of Ilum? The belsavis quest line. Ops. Gear up for new ops coming in the next week or so?

If you just now got to 50, that stuff should keep you quite a while.

They should go back to console gaming or go try Second Life because standard MMO features are not to their liking. But to stand around and complain about having nothing to do in an MMO when you do not like to do anything in an MMO is just stupid. Those problems have nothing to do with the game.

Edited by TheBBP

You need to remember ...... This game is still in its baby stages.. let her learn how to walk before you make her do a full tilt run... meaning.... Look at all the patches and updates SWG went through to become the game it did. I am sure the devs have alot in store for us here and it all cant be handed out to us or fixed in one patch or update. When you sign on for a Lucas project as a player its for the long term and the story will change, zones will flip and be flipped, the game will grow and change in ways some will like and some will not but it all can't happen in a few months. Sometimes a game changes for the best by going through all the mistakes and getting the player reaction before it changes for the better.

So instead of exploring the content there is, you got on the forums as fast as possible.

You dinged 50 an hour ago. An hour. If you don't want to do end-game group content or dailies, make an alt, just don't make this same post when you reach 50 on your alt too, mk

My guess is we are feeding a T@$#, and he must of been starving. If not then all I can say is yes new 50's get rocked in WZ's, take your hits and gear up it gets much more fun once you start "winning". Took me 3 weeks to gear up enough to be of use to my team but once I did I started having a blast. Also 1hr, really? There is plenty of end game content,go do it.

Basically you need to grind dailys everyday for a couple a weeks and fit in as much PvP as you can stomach.

Either that or roll an alt.

This isn't a SWTOR specific problem though it's there in many MMORPGs, just in SWTOR there's a very sharp cliff-edge at L50 currently, with little to no gradient to run you into it.

Edited by Goretzu