Warzones no longer end early due to differing team populations

HKDeath

Could be both good and bad. If I am on a team that's only got 3 or 4 people on it I wont stay the whole warzone. And for the other team, it's just as pointless, apart from an easy win.

Bring on x server pvp!

The most ridiculous change ever, they will revert this once they see how bad this will affect matches. They have ignored everyone who has moaned on the forums about imbalance in matches.

Do they think by putting in different objectives it will make people stay?

Seriously how hard is it for them to have the game only have same size teams start, is it really that much coding they can't be arsed?

So they put this in, it's the laziest implementation I have seen in a long time and shows just how far out of touch with pvp in their game they are.

Edited by Pvpingwithnoobs

Because there's now a 'don't get anything if you don't have at least 3 medals' condition in 1.2, having games end early just means the losing side probably gets nothing, whereas if the game continued they might at least be able to get 3 medals even against totally impossible odds.

Instead of fixing the problem, they magnify it. Even if the WZ continues to populate, they game will have been so far decided it won't matter. A lazy approach to a solution at best. I will gladly drop out of an unbalanced match regardless of the debuff.

In the world of devdom, who looks at the crap on the wall & decides what sticks?

Edited by GRINnBARRETT

Yet another biofail decision. Why? Server pops are dropping, so instead of bringing in x-server pvp, they instead will allow 8v4 matches or worse. Smart Biofail, keep it up!

Rather than keep creating pointless and stupid work-a-rounds, FIX the problem with cross server pvp, it is the ONLY way to ensure even matches.

I don't see this as a problem unless rated WZs are affected by the change. If team population does not affect the solo rated WZ queue, then solo Rated WZs might suck... hard to tell though.

Normal WZs on the other hand, are just practice areas imo, just something to screw around in without any consequences. Having them not end early due to a team having too few players, doesn't really mean anything to me knowing that rated is all I want to do.

Not sure how many others feel like this, but thought I'd share my thoughts on the topic.

Edited by Nukor

I don't see this as a problem unless rated WZs are affected by the change. If team population does not affect the solo rated WZ queue, then solo Rated WZs might suck... hard to tell though.

Normal WZs on the other hand, are just practice areas imo, just something to screw around in without any consequences. Having them not end early due to a team having too few players, doesn't really mean anything to me knowing that rated is all I want to do.

Not sure how many others feel like this, but thought I'd share my thoughts on the topic.

It's all matches, so being the 4 man pug vs the 8 man premade is going to be total crap, even if it's. It premades, 4v8 and being forced to play out the entire Mathis crap.

It's just yet another bad and lazy design by BW

I am certain this was introduced as a testing-function only. Developers and QA care not about the match, but the mechanics. Matches ending every 120 seconds makes it very difficult to test.

The thread should be locked, it's entirely trollish and lacks even basic perspective.

Edited by Blasphemerr

It's all matches, so being the 4 man pug vs the 8 man premade is going to be total crap, even if it's. It premades, 4v8 and being forced to play out the entire Mathis crap.

It's just yet another bad and lazy design by BW

You are merely speculating based on fear. The mixed matches will not allow for a full 8 versus 4. Claiming that Bioware's design is lazy when you yourself are too lazy to research what is actually going to happen... just seems foolish.

Here's a link to the info, I imagine you won't go look for this yourself so I will provide you the information.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-game-update-1.2

Edit: I took the liberty of copying and pasting the only line you need to wrap your head around after realizing you may not be up to the task of clicking the link and reading the dev post. Here it is, the answer you're looking for and the proof that the boogy man is not real.

"If a match cannot be made for extended periods of time, then Normal and Rank queued players (except those who queued as a group of five or more) might be pulled together to launch a ‘mixed’ match"

Now that being said, I haven't been on PTS since this change so I cannot say that I know for certain how it will affect the solo rated queues, but I know for certain that it will not affect the full 8v8 gameplay because there are preventative measures in place with the matchmaking system.

Has anyone seen if this is affecting solo rated queueing and if so, what are your findings?

Edited by Nukor

Erm, the people who ding 50 after 1.2 will have to go through those "practice" WZs to get their bm gear still. They will only be practice for those of us, who are already equipped.

And even in practice games I - as well as you I would expect- want to have fun.

And with the small number wzs a difference of two players in team size as almost always a deciding factor- only exception being hutball here sometimes.

So the road to bm equip can be very very bumpy with this change, due to population imbalances.

Erm, the people who ding 50 after 1.2 will have to go through those "practice" WZs to get their bm gear still. They will only be practice for those of us, who are already equipped.

And even in practice games I - as well as you I would expect- want to have fun.

And with the small number wzs a difference of two players in team size as almost always a deciding factor- only exception being hutball here sometimes.

So the road to bm equip can be very very bumpy with this change, due to population imbalances.

This is a legitmate complaint and one I can also stand behind. It indeed could make the initial gearing process less fun.

But I've had times where a WZ starts, then cancels because of lack of players on my team, requeues, starts, cancels again. You can waste time just bouncing around into WZ's that are never going to start because of team imbalances.

Personally I'd rather be allowed to play with that imbalance and at least get some valour/kills/xp/money from the match - even though it will almost certainly be a loss. With cancelled WZs you gain nothing from the repeated start/stop.

Ranked and rated matches are a different thing though, and so there'd need to be some way to measure your personal performance irrespective of team imbalances if matches don't cancel because of team size differences.

Well on one side I ask... Will this really be a problem with cross server queus? On the other side I wonder what the hell they are thinking. I wont sit in a void star match for for 7 minutes or whatever it is defending against <5 people.

Well on one side I ask... Will this really be a problem with cross server queus? On the other side I wonder what the hell they are thinking. I wont sit in a void star match for for 7 minutes or whatever it is defending against <5 people.

With crossserver probably not. But crossserver are not a part of 1.2.

And ranked will be reset once Season 1 starts. None of this matters anyway.

We're talking about nonranked. Which do matter for everyone who is not bm equipped. There is also you know- fun. Do you have it when you are being zerged to death because the opponent has 3 players more? :)

Not everyone always thinks of the rating...

We're talking about nonranked. Which do matter for everyone who is not bm equipped. There is also you know- fun. Do you have it when you are being zerged to death because the opponent has 3 players more? :)

Not everyone always thinks of the rating...

You basically get an equivalent of BM gear upon level 50 for a mere sum of 300k or so credits if I'm not mistaken.

And if you're just having fun, chances are you shouldn't care about a single loss. It's not going to last more than a few minutes anyway, and even then, you can just leave the Warzone and requeue.

You are merely speculating based on fear. The mixed matches will not allow for a full 8 versus 4. Claiming that Bioware's design is lazy when you yourself are too lazy to research what is actually going to happen... just seems foolish.

Here's a link to the info, I imagine you won't go look for this yourself so I will provide you the information.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/pvp-game-update-1.2

Edit: I took the liberty of copying and pasting the only line you need to wrap your head around after realizing you may not be up to the task of clicking the link and reading the dev post. Here it is, the answer you're looking for and the proof that the boogy man is not real.

"If a match cannot be made for extended periods of time, then Normal and Rank queued players (except those who queued as a group of five or more) might be pulled together to launch a ‘mixed’ match"

Now that being said, I haven't been on PTS since this change so I cannot say that I know for certain how it will affect the solo rated queues, but I know for certain that it will not affect the full 8v8 gameplay because there are preventative measures in place with the matchmaking system.

Has anyone seen if this is affecting solo rated queueing and if so, what are your findings?

Just thought I would share my thoughts you originally said, then someone replies with a sensible response and you dont like it.

I am on the pts, try logging on yourself, it's not just about 8 man premades, it's about having a 4 man premade grouped up with 4 pugs to make 8 then fighting vs a 4/5 man group and then it being impossible towin and the match not ending.

Or can't you wrap your head around that?

Just thought I would share my thoughts you originally sai, then so done replies with a sensible response and you dont like it.

I am on the pts, try logging on yourself, it's not just about 8 man premades, it's about having a 4 man premade grouped up with 4 pugs to make 8 then fighting vs a 4 man group.

Or can't you wrap your head around that?

Do us a favour and play on the pts before bothering to post in future about pts changes, some of us actually do!!

I have been on PTS, just not since this particular change.

What you just described already happens on live, I don't see why it concerns people though.

The only thing I can imagine is that either A: People think this change will make them get stomped more often or B: They don't want to lose the opportunity to get an easy win by just grabbing the ball and holding it/capping one door/turning a turret first, while the match ends due to not having enough players.

In either case the only legitmate complaint I've seen so far about this, is that it makes the initial gear grind potentially less fun, all other complaints I've seen about it are speculative and fear-driven.

Sorry, not trying to sound rude or hateful with this, it just sounds to me like complaining for the sake of complaining.

Edited by Nukor

I have been on PTS, just not since this particular change.

What you just described already happens on live, I don't see why it concerns people though.

The only thing I can imagine is that either A: People think this change will make them get stomped more often or B: They don't want to lose the opportunity to get an easy win by just grabbing the ball and holding it while the match ends due to not having enough players.

In either case the only legitmate complaint I've seen so far about this, is that it makes the initial gear grind potentially less fun, all other complaints I've seen about it are speculative and fear-driven.

No, it makes matches that are normally over in 90 seconds and totally painful for those who are 4/5v8 to not end and remain being farmed by players until they have the min 8 medals they need.

They just need to make matches start with same numbers in, it's not hard for them, they need to get to work on fixing it before pushing this to live.