George lucas star wars is dead

Stick a fork in Jar Jar Binks ... 'cause the "Star Wars" franchise is done ... FOREVER ... so says intergallactic space god George Lucas.

The Jedi Master's master was leaving Toast in L.A. yesterday when we asked when he was finally going to release the long-awaited 7th, 8th and 9th installments of the greatest space saga of all time.

But judging from Lucas' answer ... it looks like the series will remain frozen in carbonite for the rest of time.

Hopefully, that goes for the Indiana Jones series too ... because NO ONE SURVIVES A NUCLEAR BLAST BY HIDING IN A REFRIGERATOR!!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/29/george-lucas-star-wars-dead/#.T4DxAftun5I

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, that goes for the Indiana Jones series too ... because NO ONE SURVIVES A NUCLEAR BLAST BY HIDING IN A REFRIGERATOR!!

Kyle Katarn could. Of course he’d survive anyways, so hiding in the fridge would just be redundant.

Hate to break it to ya, OP.... but we knew this already. :)

I guess he's been gone for a decade. :rolleyes:

And Ep 7 / 8 / 9 were merged into Ep 6 FYI. Luke was not supposed to be related to Leia at first, etc. But Lucas just wanted to end the OT and during that time in general he was dealing with a lot. So we got a merged 4 films into one.

But yeah, the only SW you'll ever see is in either games, comics, or TV shows.

We knew this before Lucas made the announcement... What are you talking about?

^This, it was so painfully obvious with the way the last movie ended that there wasn't gonna be any more movies. I don't see why people just can't be happy, with games, books, comics, etc whatever else there is of the franchise.

^This, it was so painfully obvious with the way the last movie ended that there wasn't gonna be any more movies. I don't see why people just can't be happy, with games, books, comics, etc whatever else there is of the franchise.

Exactly, what are they going to do? Clone Palpatine? Pfft.

Stick a fork in Jar Jar Binks ... 'cause the "Star Wars" franchise is done ... FOREVER ... so says intergallactic space god George Lucas.

The Jedi Master's master was leaving Toast in L.A. yesterday when we asked when he was finally going to release the long-awaited 7th, 8th and 9th installments of the greatest space saga of all time.

But judging from Lucas' answer ... it looks like the series will remain frozen in carbonite for the rest of time.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/03/29/george-lucas-star-wars-dead/#.T4DxAftun5I

Thats been known for a while. Lucas DID want to do 7, 8 and 9 at first but then after thinking about it, decided that the series was really about the life of Anakin Skywalker (his rise as a jedi, his turn to the dark side and then his return to the light and his death)

I can almost guarantee there will be more Star Wars films. It just won't be until Lucas is dead. There is too much money in it for there not to be.

Exactly, what are they going to do? Clone Palpatine? Pfft.

FYI, Palpatine didn't die. At least he didn't according to EU.

I can almost guarantee there will be more Star Wars films. It just won't be until Lucas is dead. There is too much money in it for there not to be.

Which brings up a good question:

Let's say for argument's sake that Lucas passes away next year. Who would be worthy of handling the next Star Wars installment?*

*Besides John Williams, Chuck Norris, and Kyle Katarn

Source? All i've ever heard was she was the Heir Apparent.

I can't find a link to it.... so it may be invalid I guess.

But it was a Interview Primarily about Season 3 of TCW in 2011. It also talked about how he had to put the Live-Action Series on Hold because it was costing too much for each episode. Just In Case you may be able to find it since I can't..

Would you make new movies for a extreme base of critics who attack and threaten anyone and everyone for "THEIR" characters being killed / not as important / or when they do not like your ideas ("JarJar Binks") !

Extreme StarWars Fans have just about threaten every EU Author , George Lucas himself, and god knows who else in their self entitlement in believeing they own StarWars . Funny enough this kinda bad activity does not really exist in Star Trek. When Kirk died , no one got death threats lol.

I can't say I blame Lucas and I am sure as soon as his daughter gets any of these bad threats whatnot , it will be the end of the series. So do not attack him for this , attack the losers who cannot live outside of the series and take it more seriously than reality .

Lucas is beyond rich and does not need the StarWars name to carry on , if anything he does it for us his fans and fans of the series . While it is ok to be critics of all things , it is bad to send threats and attack mail . Eventually the people recieveing it get tired of it and lose all taste for the things they use to love .

I personally hope he changes his mind but anything that would bring stress is probably not going to happen . I for one liked PT , noticed changes but really it does not hurt me at the end of the day .

Edited by mefit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.