Beating the Sand Demon

ultimatesjk

I'm on Tatooine, level 26, and have to beat the Sand Demon, because apparently it considers bowing to it a sign of weakness (I'd consider it a sign of respect if I was that monster, but what the heck). That thing would be hard enough to beat on its own, but it has 2 (maybe more, couldn't tell because I dropped so quick) "companions" of a sort. If I try to kite the boss, which I can't anyway because my crappy computer leads to horrible FPS in that place, I'd get aggro from the surrounding monsters.

I'll admit that when I attempted the quest first I was level 25. Does having Obfuscate at level 26 really make a difference? Is there something I'm missing? It just seems like an overly difficult quest for 1 person. Should I maybe get a partner to do it with me?

Yeah, you've just done the convo wrong, what you should have done is used escape to leave the conversation each time you make the wrong choice and eventually you'll figure out how to get the beast to back down.

Buuut since you didn't do that, I have no idea what you should do, I never had to face it since I just got it to back down :p

I beat it the first time on a Jug by using Quinn, all of my defensive cooldowns and a medpack.

I think I ws around level 28 or so.

It didn't seem that hard to me ... maybe I just got lucky?

Either way, use "Saber Ward" to start the fight with. At about 1/2 life, use "Call on the Force" which has a 20min cooldown. This also refreshes your "Saber Ward" so use that again as well. All of this plus Quinn healing, allows you to stand with it while you bash its ugly head in. Don't forget to smash to kill the adds which also damages the Sand Demon as well.

Keep the attacks up and you should be able to bring it down.

Luck!

IIRC it's AOE is the toughest thing to deal with. Just interrupt that and you should be able to handle it using your CDs.

This. Watch for the AoE cast/animation, and either get out of the way or interrupt. I hadn't thought about the interrupt idea, but i avoided the AoE's and did it with careful use of my CD's, a medpack, and quinn.

the first time i wasn't aware of the AoE's, and died. second time through, made it.

Sigh. Stare that sucker down like a disobedient dog, wait til he sleeps, murder him real good. If you mess it up, mash esc quickly and have another crack (hint: you should be able to jag the correct sequence on attempt #1). Once you've murdered an innocent monster in his sleep, cackle insanely and enjoy your ~150 dark side points (and Quinn's approval). Fight dodged.

On a related note, if you're really struggling, I think story missions can be reset somehow. Kill all the trash in the area (story areas have loooooong respawn times) if you're dead keen to fight your way out. It's hard enough dealing with one major threat without aggroing a whole swarm.

I went ahead and reset the mission, it was worth it for the next part in the sand people

cave... and to get to see what it was the padawan did. I recommend that route instead of just kiling it.

That sounds pretty interesting.. makes me sorry I have killed it every time. Not sure how people had issues with the fight though.. though the use of ae's makes the fight a might bit easier.