The PVP is better at 1-49...

UnderatedNoob

. .

R

O

F

L

The pvp is freakin horrible at low levels. Granted I had a ton of fun on my main in the lowbie bracket. I still have fun on my alt cause I love pvp, but the skill / awareness is absolutely pathetic.

There are 5 times as many people at this bracket that have absolutely no idea how to play this game. I don't know how many times in the last hour I've watched people fail miserably at interrupting bomb plants or CC'ing opponents.

Anyone who tries to stay in this bracket is pathetic. Grow a pair of balls and come play with the big boys.

Edited by UnderatedNoob

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a premade group going, and have fun rolling people :)

Agree though, I'd rather lose in pvp50 due to composition and strategies, than the ignorance that is rampant in 1-49.

The transition from being a new 50 with no gear though is no fun though. I almost feel guilty for queuing up with my guild.

. .

R

O

F

L

The pvp is freakin horrible at low levels. Granted I had a ton of fun on my main in the lowbie bracket. I still have fun on my alt cause I love pvp, but the skill / awareness is absolutely pathetic.

There are 5 times as many people at this bracket that have absolutely no idea how to play this game. I don't know how many times in the last hour I've watched people fail miserably at interrupting bomb plants or CC'ing opponents.

Anyone who tries to stay in this bracket is pathetic. Grow a pair of balls and come play with the big boys.

So it is freakin horrible yet you had a ton of fun there on your main and still have fun there on your alt?

Which is it? Freakin Horrible or a Ton of fun?

Oh, and in that hour, how many times did you try to communicate with things like, "Fight on the doors, don't get lured away." or "Mark <player name> (s)he is the healer!"

but guize I have a lot of fun with my 49 twink curb stomping level 10s with their 3 abilities. The 1-49 bracket is the true competitive pvp, i even saw a guy trying to interrupt me once! Edited by Krytycal

So it is freakin horrible yet you had a ton of fun there on your main and still have fun there on your alt?

Which is it? Freakin Horrible or a Ton of fun?

Oh, and in that hour, how many times did you try to communicate with things like, "Fight on the doors, don't get lured away." or "Mark <player name> (s)he is the healer!"

Wow, you are confused.

The skill is horrible. The ignorance is horrible. The lack on pvp knowledge is horrible.

I still love pvp, so I have fun. I never said I had a "ton of fun". Stop misquoting me.

It is not that hard. I did not contradict myself.

1. I communicate constantly. LOL. Litterally ops chat is filled with strategies / warnings.

2. I do not belittle my teammates, no matter how stupid they are.

3. I can't mark if I'm not leader.

but guize I have a lot of fun with my 49 twink curb stomping level 10s with their 3 abilities. The 1-49 bracket is the true competitive pvp, i even saw a guy trying to interrupt me once!

Sad part is. Some people actually think they are good because of this.

Edited by UnderatedNoob

Myth: Most people min/max.

Truth: Most people play casually.

Myth: Most people queue as premades.

Truth: Most people queue solo.

Myth: Gear doesn't matter in the 50s bracket.

Truth: There is a huge gear disparity in the 50s bracket.

Therefore:

Myth: the 50 bracket is more fun.

Truth: the 10-49 bracket is more fun.

Why? B/c people can queue 10-49 & be somewhat competitive regardless of whether they queue solo/premade, min/max, & regardless of gear disparity.

Edited by GRINnBARRETT

Therefore:

Why? B/c people can queue 10-49 & be somewhat competitive regardless of whether they queue solo/premade, min/max, & regardless of gear disparity.

+1

Me and a lot of more people said this before too...

This should end the thread :rolleyes:

If players had an option to do WZ's without Expertise, even at 50 I think you would find your self alone. Although PvP and PvE both have gearing tiers, in PvE you dont have to get face rolled for weeks just to stand a chance, you just have to learn the fights and gear up through the different tiers. PvP IS mostly about teamwork, skill, and strategy, but almost 40% is your gear. Although 50 PvP is more competitive, expertise is a huge factor in every outcome. If it wasn't, then in the beginning of the WZ everyone wouldn't mouse over each players health pool to judge where their gear is at.

Therefore:

I don't understand how you could have more fun with less competitive people / less skill, unless you're just uber casual. I queue solo at 50 all the time , and win most ( over 50%) of my matches easily. As a level 19 guardian that I am now, I get smashed by anything over level 30 with no chance. The level 45+ destroy me in a few seconds. That is much worse than I ever experienced as a new 50.

Anyone who denies that there is on a consistent basis more skill at the level 50 bracket is oblivious to good pvp play.

Yes, there are bad players at each bracket. Again, I still think the bracket is fun. But for me, as a competitive person... It is much less fun than the 50 bracket.

To each his own.

but guize I have a lot of fun with my 49 twink curb stomping level 10s with their 3 abilities. The 1-49 bracket is the true competitive pvp, i even saw a guy trying to interrupt me once!

but guize, i hav a lut of fun wit my BM maurader curb stomping nubs with 13k hp, i has the real skillz

i even saw a guy tryign to kil me once and i was like "lol im better geared then u no chance"

The 50s bracket is about who has been 50 the longest and has farmed the most.

As a level 19 guardian that I am now, I get smashed by anything over level 30 with no chance. The level 45+ destroy me in a few seconds. That is much worse than I ever experienced as a new 50.

I think you have been 50 for too long and forgot how painful the gear difference is. Also, Guardians aren't really good until they get the level 40 pt talent to build shockwave stacks. I sucked with my Jugg until level 40, then I was pretty much owning anything.

Now I play a low level sniper and I've been doing pretty good I think, because they're not that dependant on their talent tree and snipe/ambush does pretty good dmg (especially since everyone plays a shadow, lol light armor).

Edited by lpsmash

I hate the people that run around thinking theyre so good bec theyre killing people but theyre doing in the middle of effin nowhere and have no idea that pvp is objective based and that you need to be doing something,anything! I play an assassin so im practically the stealth version of barry sanders, and it kills me to see people try and walk at about 20% movement speed while being ***** by all 8 of the other team while im jumping uncontrollably on the top rafters yelling to pass the ball and they just keep a walking, then when you finally get the tards attention they say "uh i was stun locked" b.s *****hole noone likes the tuna here!

but guize, i hav a lut of fun wit my BM maurader curb stomping nubs with 13k hp, i has the real skillz

i even saw a guy tryign to kil me once and i was like "lol im better geared then u no chance"

The 50s bracket is about who has been 50 the longest and has farmed the most.

That is just not true. Granted the best players with the best gear are extremely tough, but centurion can beat battlemaster... and the stars don't have to align for it to happen.

Gear comes fast at 50.

I don't understand how you could have more fun with less competitive people / less skill, unless you're just uber casual. I queue solo at 50 all the time , and win most ( over 50%) of my matches easily. As a level 19 guardian that I am now, I get smashed by anything over level 30 with no chance. The level 45+ destroy me in a few seconds. That is much worse than I ever experienced as a new 50.

Anyone who denies that there is on a consistent basis more skill at the level 50 bracket is oblivious to good pvp play.

Yes, there are bad players at each bracket. Again, I still think the bracket is fun. But for me, as a competitive person... It is much less fun than the 50 bracket.

To each his own.

I also queue at 50 & have fun, but not more fun than the 10-49 bracket. My previous post holds true b/c MOST players aren't min/maxers & MOST players don't roll in premades, and MOST players don't enjoy fighting in the more competitive setting. That's not how I roll all the time, but that accurately describes the general player base. I'm sure BW could provide proof with their metrics/matrix.

That is just not true. Granted the best players with the best gear are extremely tough, but centurion can beat battlemaster... and the stars don't have to align for it to happen.

Gear comes fast at 50.

skill will always win out over gear anyway.

once I dinged 50 I actually found my performance did not drop off from the 10-49 bracket. and i still was able to cap nodes, defend doors, etc....

now when you come up against a pre-made of 6 sorcs it can be difficult. but overall the difference is not as great as everyone likes to whine about in the 50 bracket.. You just have to pay closer attention to how you fight each different class. You can't just spam your normal attack on everyone and have it work.

Edited by Cheeseblaster

I also queue at 50 & have fun, but not more fun than the 10-49 bracket. My previous post holds true b/c MOST players aren't min/maxers & MOST players don't roll in premades, and MOST players don't enjoy fighting in the more competitive setting. That's not how I roll all the time, but that accurately describes the general player base. I'm sure BW could provide proof with their metrics/matrix.

All those MOST MOST MOST still don't have anything to do with people enjoying playing with others players that are oblivious to good team pvp play.

The better pvp play is at 50. Period. There is no disputing that.

Anyone who would rather sit at 49 and stomp on lowbies rather than coming and dealing with a couple weeks of gearup is pathetic. That was the point of my post.

1-49 bracket is a lot of fun. just worse pvp.

The pvp is freakin horrible at low levels. Granted I had a ton of fun on my main in the lowbie bracket.

Well done for contradicting yourself in the first two sentences of your "post".

I wont bother quoting the rest, your argument seems to be: PVP is more skilled at lvl 50+, teamplay is better, awareness is better.

You're a genius!

And yet, people are still playing in the tier 1-49 bracket and some of them (shock, horror!) some of them are having fun... this will not stand.

When you say "grow a pair"... I doubt we are thinking of the same pair for fun.

When you try to tell people how they should be having fun; they just carry on doing what they want.

Good luck with the "grow a pair" approach though, I'm eagerly anticipating the results of your campaign.

Well done for contradicting yourself in the first two sentences of your "post".

I wont bother quoting the rest, your argument seems to be: PVP is more skilled at lvl 50+, teamplay is better, awareness is better.

You're a genius!

And yet, people are still playing in the tier 1-49 bracket and some of them (shock, horror!) some of them are having fun... this will not stand.

When you say "grow a pair"... I doubt we are thinking of the same pair for fun.

When you try to tell people how they should be having fun; they just carry on doing what they want.

Good luck with the "grow a pair" approach though, I'm eagerly anticipating the results of your campaign.

Those are not contradictory statements. The pvp is bad compared to 50. I still have fun. They can both exist at once.

I'm talking about the people that stay at 49 and pound on lowbies, and then claim that PvP is "better" ( more skilled) at the 1-49 bracket. They justify beating up on lowbies by saying that. The PvP is not better.

Yet, People still do have fun in lowbie pvp. Including me. I am not arguing the fact that it is fun.

I was never telling people how to have fun. I'm so confused on why people take my comments out of context and don't comprehend the point of my post.

Edited by UnderatedNoob

I agree with the OP that 50s pvp is more competitive.

A cent geared person vs. a BM geared person is more competitive than a 49 vs. a 10. There's no way in hell a 49 would ever lose to a 10, but a cent geared person take out bm geared person.

Anyone who thinks 10-49 pvp is more "skilled based", "competitive", "better teamwork" is fooling themselves.

Actually I have mixed opinions about the 1-49 bracket. If you queue by your self and your a high lvl you some times get put in groups where most of the players are between lvl 10-15 of which great many are just lvl 10. If the opposing team has mostly 30-49, then it's usually better to leave the warzone and let the low level characters to their whims.

The only problem at 50 iis people with no gear or not having any gear makes. Thus, if you just reach 50 you will get stomp by gear players and that isn't any more fun than being in stomp by opposing with a bunch of low level characters.

Personally, I think BW should split the warzone bracket into 10-29 and 30-49. I only see this possible with a cross server queuing system.

erm, he did actually quote you exactly here.

Touche. But I'm pretty sure he was refering to my new character. Not my main. Either way. Me bad.

I agree with the OP that 50s pvp is more competitive.

A cent geared person vs. a BM geared person is more competitive than a 49 vs. a 10. There's no way in hell a 49 would ever lose to a 10, but a cent geared person take out bm geared person.

Anyone who thinks 10-49 pvp is more "skilled based", "competitive", "better teamwork" is fooling themselves.

Which was the point of my post.

Not which bracket joe snuffy has more fun in. They are both fun. But one is more competitive. Depending on if you want a challenge, one bracket is more fun than the other.

Edited by UnderatedNoob

Those are not contradictory statements. The pvp is bad compared to 50. I still have fun. They can both exist at once.

I'm talking about the people that stay at 49 and pound on lowbies, and then claim that PvP is "better" ( more skilled) at the 1-49 bracket. They justify beating up on lowbies by saying that. The PvP is not better.

Yet, People still do have fun in lowbie pvp. Including me. I am not arguing the fact that it is fun.

I was never telling people how to have fun. I'm so confused on why people take my comments out of context and don't comprehend the point of my post.

You do realize you really can't "stay at 49", right? The funny thing is, the lvl 49 person has a higher chance of being destroyed in a WZ by a lowbie than a BM geared 50 does to a fresh 50. We all know that expertise (lol I still get a kick out BW calling the extra stat that) gear isn't the factor in 10-49 bracket, so is *gasp* skill that allows the lowbie to destroy the lvl 49? BTW, here is the definition of expertise. See the irony?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.