Idk what 2 do

Omaru

Im varely new, my character is varmuty decided to go jedi knight, then guardian with my human and light side, i just finished the first planet and been using this junk gear and now i noticed everything is in other currency on the fleet ship, and i cant even get the gear. idk how im gona survive the next planet i go on with this gear...

Oh there are plenty of other currencies.

Like if the currency is some [planet name] commendation you are supposed to buy some of this stuff AFTER you have completed all the missions in a planet. You're not going to have any before.

Even then it's just a small help.

And you are not the required level to wear most of the comm stuff anyway

Well some things require planet commendations to buy. However, most everything you need can be bought for plain ole credits on the Galactic Trade Network (GTN). Find a GTN kiosk (the map symbol is the #7 credit symbol inside of a pentagon) in your capital city or on the fleet.

You will find everything you need and quite a few things you don't on the GTN. If you don't have enough credits, just go on a bloody rampage and kill everything you see for an hour or so (why can't we do this IRL?).

I was level 16 before I figured out how to use it so I feel your pain.

Gear bought with Planet Commendations are usually in the upper level range for that planet. This is to reward players for completing quests on the planet.

For example, Tython (Jedi starting world, level range approx 1-10) Commendation gear is around level 9.

If you're a Jedi who's just finished Tython, you're around level 10 to 12.

In the cantina at the Jedi Temple is a vendor who sells body armor. That's your best bet.

Furthermore, you're fussing about something that just isn't a problem. The gear you get through questing is more than adequate at this point in the game.

If you're a Jedi who's just finished Tython, you're around level 10 to 12.

In the cantina at the Jedi Temple is a vendor who sells body armor. That's your best bet.

There are also planetary commendation vendors (excepting Quesh for some reason) on the Fleet stations.

Well some things require planet commendations to buy. However, most everything you need can be bought for plain ole credits on the Galactic Trade Network (GTN). Find a GTN kiosk (the map symbol is the #7 credit symbol inside of a pentagon) in your capital city or on the fleet.

You will find everything you need and quite a few things you don't on the GTN. If you don't have enough credits, just go on a bloody rampage and kill everything you see for an hour or so (why can't we do this IRL?).

I was level 16 before I figured out how to use it so I feel your pain.

While what this says is true, it's possibly unhelpful. Spending your money on the GTN is usually unnecessary at your level. Found items will usually keep your gear and your companion's gear at a viable level until perhaps the early '30s when you might need to take a breath and find some upgrades. Until then, you might find it better to save your pennies for your speeder bike and skill upgrades. Buying gear to wear for half an hour til you've outlevelled it is a bit of a waste, really.

I include "commendation-bought" modules in "found gear". You ought by now to have (at least) an orange-grade, moddable weapon, and on DK you will get your first opportunity to spend commendations to get further items that are moddable. Moddable items are a great way of keeping your gear up to date.

sorry everyone i wasnt complaining or trying to be mean about it, im just new to game and dont know everything about it. since im learning from scratch i just thought id make a thread so ppl could give me some pointers thats all. im currencly lv 11 human jedi guardian and not sure where on the fleet ship before i go to next planet to get decent gear. all i have so far are the stuff i got from mssns on tython like the knight armor and the lightsabers that were given to me by my class quest. the server im on with this character is called "The Harbinger" and my character is "Varmuty" just to let anyone know. Edited by Omaru

sorry everyone i wasnt complaining or trying to be mean about it, im just new to game and dont know everything about it. since im learning from scratch i just thought id make a thread so ppl could give me some pointers thats all. im currencly lv 11 human jedi guardian and not sure where on the fleet ship before i go to next planet to get decent gear. all i have so far are the stuff i got from mssns on tython like the knight armor and the lightsabers that were given to me by my class quest. the server im on with this character is called "The Harbinger" and my character is "Varmuty" just to let anyone know.

Hey bro!

TOR isn't like WoW where you can buy decent, level specific gear from vendors in major cities & quest hubs. At least, not for regular cash.

Don't worry, though. This is all intentional, and the game designers take this into account.

Just run your quests, and use quest rewards & drops to upgrade your gear. As you play, some of those green drops will be called "Commendations" like "Tython Comendation" or "Coruscant Commendation." You also often have the option of taking a Commendation as a quest reward rather than the regular green item.

You spend the Commendations in the marketplace on that world, or at the Fleet, after you have finished all the quests on that world. So the Commendation vendors on Coruscant actually are selling the gear that you will need when you go to Taris. So save up all your Commendations and only spend them after you're done on that world.

Check your inventory on the "Currancy" tab. If you have 8 Tython Commendations then you can get cool Blue chest piece.

Here's a hint - Don't ever buy an orange lightsaber. Just buy upgrades for the lightsaber you already have.

And never rip out mods and try to sell them for cash. It cost credits to remove a mod, the mod is bound to you when you remove it so you can't sell in in the Trade Network, and vendors will pay you way less for the mod than it cost to remove.

As you play you'll have the change to get other orange pieces for both you and your favorite Companion.

Always keep a companion active while you quest. If you're a JK then your first Companion is the little driod, T7. He can tank and you can DPS until you get Kira. Then you can Tank, and Kira can be your DPS. Also, be sure to look over your quest rewards carefully - Some of the items they offer are specifically for your active companion.

Anyway, just be sure to upgrade your & your companion's orange items with fresh mods before you leave each world, and just rely on quest rewards & drops for everything else.

For the most part, this advice is very good. I only want to make a few comments...

Here's a hint - Don't ever buy an orange lightsaber. Just buy upgrades for the lightsaber you already have.

I have a slightly different perspective. If you find an orange lightsaber at a vendor with better mods, you might be ahead to buy it. It works out the same as upgrading the mods, and you get multiple upgrades at once. This will also allow you to save your Commendations to upgrade other things. (Once you start getting a lot of orange gear on yourself and your companions, it takes a lot of Commendations to keep everything upgraded.)

And never rip out mods and try to sell them for cash. It cost credits to remove a mod, the mod is bound to you when you remove it so you can't sell in in the Trade Network, and vendors will pay you way less for the mod than it cost to remove.

This is true. However, you may want to consider ripping out Enhancements, especially if you got a new companion and are working to outfit them in oranges. (Mods and Armoring also, if they are updated enough and your companion uses the same stats as you.) They are Bound, but you can still put them in your companion's gear.

I used green gear from quest rewards until I received orange items. Once I got orange gear I would just update the mods in it. If you want to be more self sufficient take up cybertech (armor, mods, droid parts, ear pieces, a speeders) or artifice (crystals, enhancements, hilts) to make your own mods as you level. Materials needed to make these items are normally found on the planets you are questing on so you don't have to buy or pay for missions to craft. I received almost all of my orange gear between level 10-20 and was still wearing it when I reached 50. Same for T7, I crafted all custom parts and upgraded them as needed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.