Increase the tank threat

Necrosia

And again, I'm picking on the Tank, but there isn't anything he can do but use his Taunt move when the Boss goes to smash the DPS in the face and try to build up enough aggro to overtake the DPS again. The problem will keep repeating itself because neither the tank nor the DPS knows what Threat they have.

Which means the Tank can't pop his Taunt before the DPS pops the Bosses cherry and gets face-stomped, and the DPS doesn't know when to stop DPSing until the boss is face-stomping him.

Thats the wrong way to use taunt in this game. It doesn't work like that.

If you for example HAD a threat meter, and you had say 100 threat, and the DPS had 95 threat and was rising fast, if you hit your taunt BEFORE you lost agro it would just put you at 101 threat, and he would STILL pull agro form you.

ALL taunt does in this game is put you at the top of the list and give you 6 seconds to use a few good threat building attacked that you better hope to god arent on cooldown.

Well, they aren't needed. But if Tanks are having such a hard time holding threat (And I hear Juggs/Guards have a really hard time) maybe it's time to boost up there Threat generation.

I've never had the issue, but I was never satisfied with my DPS on my Sentintel, and I ran mostly with a damn great Tank (Vanguard) and Healer (Commando) combo.

Any good DPS can pull threat form a Jugg or Guard even on a boss without really trying.

Its easy. You simple cant deal enough damage/threat to keep up with them.

Well, they aren't needed. But if Tanks are having such a hard time holding threat (And I hear Juggs/Guards have a really hard time) maybe it's time to boost up there Threat generation.

I've never had the issue, but I was never satisfied with my DPS on my Sentintel, and I ran mostly with a damn great Tank (Vanguard) and Healer (Commando) combo.

Supposedly Guardians/Juggernauts are getting their threat boosted in the patch because there are definite issues compared to the other two classes. In case people couldn't tell, i was being facetious with a lot of my previous comments.

If you for example HAD a threat meter, and you had say 100 threat, and the DPS had 95 threat and was rising fast, if you hit your taunt BEFORE you lost agro it would just put you at 101 threat, and he would STILL pull agro form you.

ALL taunt does in this game is put you at the top of the list and give you 6 seconds to use a few good threat building attacked that you better hope to god arent on cooldown.

Aware of this. And that was my point.

If the Tank had 100 Threat and the DPS is 95 and looks like he's going to overtake the Tank (Which would make him a really bad DPS if he can see his threat and still ****s up) the tank can Taunt giving him 6 seconds (Or is it 6 attacks? can't recall) to build up his threat.

Still not going to do much if the DPS doesn't throttle and let the Tank build a gap, but again, how is the DPS supposed to know in this game without the boss face-stomping him?

By the time he knows, he's lost 50% of his health, which means the Healer has to heal him and the tank, spreading his/her resources thin.

And again, if the DPS judges by eye and throttles, what happens if the Boss enrages?

To me, the challenge in this game goes:

DPS (Melee)

Healer

DPS (Ranged)

Tank/Healer

Healer is only second because of the Resource exhaustion that will happen if Tank and DPS keep playing pinball with Threat.

That's all taunt does in most games. It's up to the tanks to generate threat and up to the dps to balance maximum dps output without pulling threat and dying. Threate meters make that easier but they are hardly required for successful raiding, and for many people they are a crutch because bad dps players still don't learn to throttle themselves when faces with untauntable bosses, to give only one example.

If the Tank had 100 Threat and the DPS is 95 and looks like he's going to overtake the Tank (Which would make him a really bad DPS if he can see his threat and still ****s up) the tank can Taunt giving him 6 seconds (Or is it 6 attacks? can't recall) to build up his threat.

Still not going to do much if the DPS doesn't throttle and let the Tank build a gap, but again, how is the DPS supposed to know in this game without the boss face-stomping him?

By the time he knows, he's lost 50% of his health, which means the Healer has to heal him and the tank, spreading his/her resources thin.

And again, if the DPS judges by eye and throttles, what happens if the Boss enrages?

DPS (Melee)

Healer

DPS (Ranged)

Tank/Healer

Healer is only second because of the Resource exhaustion that will happen if Tank and DPS keep playing pinball with Threat.

Oh no, you are absolutely right. There is NO WAY to tell when you are about to lose threat. And if you have a ranged mob/boss its even more of a crpa shoot because sometimes you cant tell if he is still attacking you for a few seconds or if he started shooting at the DPS (Assuming you didnt turn him.)

WHat i started doing is using Target of target.(On PTS) That way the minute the Boss isnt targeting me I pop my taunt and hit him with as much threat as I can.

Also i would like to argue that playing a Jugg tank is a lot of t=damn work.

Maybe BH etc is easy, but I have to do a lot of damn cooldown management to make sure i keep my threat high, along with managing my rage so i have something left when i need to drop a backhand or crush on the mob.

SOmething like 24 abilities to manage if I remember correctly. And i have to use them ALL to be a good tank. Juggs are a pain to play.

DPS (Melee)

Healer

DPS (Ranged)

Tank/Healer

I don't think that's a fair assesment unless if you played all of them.

How is a DPS supposed to know when to throttle when he doesn't have a Threat Meter/Aggro Meter, or anyway of actually knowing what kinda Threat the Tank is dishing out?

Add in the Enrage timers, and yeah. ****.

Stop putting all the blame and pressure on DPS. We either do to much damage, and you *****. Or we don't do enough damage, the boss Enrages, and you *****.

Meanwhile, Tanks and Healers can face-roll the hardest content on cruise-control.

If you dont know your own dps and what they do damagewise and threatwise, then you shouldnt probably be playing a dps.

This all depends on how the game is designed to work. If you're looking for every encounter to be perfect tank/heal/dps and everything works like clock work, then you're in the wrong game. In ToR, there are no meters or helping hands to keep things moving smoothly. Sometimes mobs peel.

If that happens, news flash, it's nobody's fault. Things are working as intended. Tank uses his taunt, dps uses threat drop, healer adjusts accordingly. On my sniper, I have a threat drop. If a mob peels to me i pop countermeasure, stop shooting and kite it to the tank. Nobody gets mad because it works as long as I use the tools given to me and back off a bit in the dps. If I didn't do that, well then now we have a problem.

When the tools are there, then the key is in using them. If a tool is lacking then that should be looked into.