So are Marauders/Sentinels really getting buffed?

Jenrais

Because if anyone is QQING that the dps they can pull is low than the world is over.

The burst.... is insane..

I'm ok with most of them sure.. Three or four interrupts. Ok. a Bunch of stuns.. alright..

constant 5-7k hits? no thanks

Note Im talking about battlemaster geared marauders/sentinels who are skilled

The Watchman/Annihilation spec isn't changing all that much as far as I understand.

That's the spec everyone plays currently in both PvP and PvE.

The other specs are being made more attractive so we might see some more variation when it comes to Sentinel/Marauder specs.

Whether or not they will actually be stronger than current Watchman/Annihilation specs is yet to be determined.

There's also an unresolved issue regarding their Ataru from which was supposed to be dealing more damage, but effectively deals less because of a change to damage type. This may or may not be intentional.

While I think the "buff" to Sentinels/Marauders is being blown a bit out of proportion (because they really aren't becoming much better compared to live) they will certainly become even more dangerous simply because many other specs are getting a nerf.

actually its 1 stun, which is channeled.

And 5k-7k hits? come on now! Sents maras have 2 abilities (*per tree) that can break 5k, and thats only with relics, adrenals, the 5 min CD buff inspiration, and some luck.

* Dispatch (execution move) can reach that high on a lucky crit for all 3 trees

Watchman/Annihilation - Merc slash/ annihilate

Combat /carnage - blade storm/ scream with the armor penetration buff up

focus / rage - sweep / smash

No one is hitting crits that high, except maybe focus/ rage with out relics adrenals. Every class can put out big crits in that situation.

Edited by LiveandDieinLA

And 5k-7k hits? come on now! Sents maras have 2 abilities (*per tree) that can break 5k, and thats only with relics, adrenals, the 5 min CD buff inspiration, and some luck.

No one is hitting crits that high, except maybe focus/ rage with out relics adrenals. Every class can put out big crits in that situation.

We have a few skilled marauders/sentinels on our server who can kill a battlemaster in seconds..

We have a few skilled marauders/sentinels on our server who can kill a battlemaster in seconds..

Probably yes. A skilled anni mara can melt anyone/anything.

Are they doing that with "5-7k" crits and a "bunch of stuns" No, get a clue. You do not even know how the class works, how can I take you seriously.

Edited by atreyuz

OP has confused Sentinel/Marauder with Operative dps...5-7k hits....most i have ever hit for is 3999 on a fresh green geared 50 sorc with no like 20 expertise...normal is 3400 ish with my 40 point talent in watchmen...5-7k lawllllls.

Watchman/Annihilation is getting a bit of a utility nerf while getting a bit better focus management. Overall, it's just slightly a nerf to this tree in the grand scope of a warzone: More individual power at the cost of team power. Most notable Sent/Mara are Watchman/Anni.

Focus/Rage is getting buffed with more damage and better centering generation but at the cost of higher focus costs. It's also getting a major nerf in that the permanent Transcendence/Predation talent(bugged? well never know) is being removed. Overall a utility nerf to gain consistency. Buff to the tree, but not an major one overall. Will cause QQ due to the big damage numbers going up though.

Combat/Carnage is being made viable. Major utility buffs to the tree with a small damage boost. It was absolutely needed.

Edited by Apocalypse-

most i have ever hit for is 3999 on a fresh green geared 50 sorc with no like 20 expertise...normal is 3400 ish with my 40 point talent in watchmen...5-7k lawllllls.

Depends what skill are you talking about.

Almost everyone plays Annihilation/watchman. The hardest hitter is Annihilate.

A BM/PVE (min maxed) geared mara crits easily for 3k/3500 on soft targets with that.

5k crits are very, very, very rare(you see it one per match, if you are lucky).

And ONLY obtainable trough stacking of ADRENALS/STIM/PvPbuff on a squishy target with not very high Expertise.

Rage marauders can hit 5k easier with Smash. But Juggs's Smash hits way harder. If that's the problem.

Edited by atreyuz

Too bad when dispatch reaches that high not all of the damage counts and for annihilate yeah about the only thing that registers.

If Mara or any warrior class was OP we would not have hords of troopers and sages in WZ.

I've never seen a say 5 mara 3 ops premade, but i meet the 5 trooper 3 sage premades every day /5-10 times/

Anecdotal evidence should be used to balance classes? What a revalation!

Just because most sent/maras are terribad doesn't mean that the class isn't overpowered.

If Mara or any warrior class was OP we would not have hords of troopers and sages in WZ.

I've never seen a say 5 mara 3 ops premade, but i meet the 5 trooper 3 sage premades every day /5-10 times/

Haha good point..have you ever gone up agents a team of troopers/sages now thats OP!!

Because if anyone is QQING that the dps they can pull is low than the world is over.

The burst.... is insane..

I'm ok with most of them sure.. Three or four interrupts. Ok. a Bunch of stuns.. alright..

constant 5-7k hits? no thanks

Note Im talking about battlemaster geared marauders/sentinels who are skilled

I'm going to assume you're trolling. Nobody can be that clueless...

5-7k hits? First, try crits. Second, we're not talking about player vs robot, we're talking PvP. Try to wear some equipment if you;re getting crit constantly for 5-7k, it might help (you know, expertise, armor, etc.). Don't run around naked.

Three to four interrupts? err i don't think so. Bunch of stuns? They only have stasis/choke.

BM gear --> Yeah cause that's different from anything else wearing BM gear. Gear is such an important part of this game that even a healer in BM gear can beat a centurion/champion player.

I don't play a sentinel/marauder, I find the playstyle boring. But you're not crying about the right thing.

A sent/mara hitting 5/7k hits is attainable. and just like previously stated, it's fairly rare

My 22 mara can crit smash for 2500 already, and force scream for 2100. who ever questions rage spec needs to look again. And if it is getting a boost with 1.2 then even better :)