Anyone use a Razer Naga Hex in SWTOR?

sandyrocks

Curious what you think of it and how long it took you to get used to it.

i use the regular naga, not the hex. i don't understand why somebody would spend the same amount on the hex, with less buttons. as for the naga, it took me a bit to get used to using it but i can't imagine playing without it now. i also use the n52te. great combo.

i use the regular naga, not the hex. i don't understand why somebody would spend the same amount on the hex, with less buttons. as for the naga, it took me a bit to get used to using it but i can't imagine playing without it now. i also use the n52te. great combo.

I had the naga a while back but it had way too many buttons on it for me to get used to.

The hex has 6 buttons on the side which is a lot more manageable plus 4 more buttons on the top.

Oh I also have the razer Nostromo to go with it.

Edited by sandyrocks

Curious what you think of it and how long it took you to get used to it.

I have a Razer Naga that I quit using. No matter what I would do to adjust it, the stinking thing would not click properly. I'd have to double or triple click something. This caused me great consternation playing CoH and SW. Never again.

I have it and love it. Takes a little while to get use to. I also never use the last row of buttons closest to your palm. It is just to big of a stretch for my thumb. But I also only move with my mouse. I have binded the w,a,s,d keys to combat moves. I have turned camera rotation speed up to 8%. It is amazing when you get use to it. I round circles around people.

I tried the naga with the 12 buttons on the side, returned it to Best Buy two days later. Quite frankly, I think it's an abomination of bad design. People will say they got used to it and like it, but people can get used to anything with enough practise.

The Hex looks way better, unfortunately, it's virtually impossible to find in stores. I ordered mine three weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it.

Edited by RAVM

I play with the Razer naga Molten edition, 12 buttons on the side, i never could get used to the buttons on the side in flashpoints and PVP, ( I WAS a clicker )

The I wanted a specific item of some lower lvl planet, So I rearanged my 1-10 hotkeys and practiced on lower lvl mobs.

2 weeks later, i dont use my keyboard, I even grab my mouse and hang halfway out my sliding glass door to have a smoke while playing. Amazing

I play with the Razer naga Molten edition, 12 buttons on the side, i never could get used to the buttons on the side in flashpoints and PVP, ( I WAS a clicker )

The I wanted a specific item of some lower lvl planet, So I rearanged my 1-10 hotkeys and practiced on lower lvl mobs.

2 weeks later, i dont use my keyboard, I even grab my mouse and hang halfway out my sliding glass door to have a smoke while playing. Amazing

So you got used to it...

I've got a regular naga, that as soon as I find something I like well enough I plan on replacing lol. The Hex looks like it might be ok, but Razer mice tend to feel a little small and light in my hand. The extra buttons aren't bad, but even after a few months of using it the layout combined with its size just results me only using about 1/4 of them.

TL;DR its not bad but it ain't perfect...my n52 however...god I can't wait to get a new one, wore my last one out finally, makes me a sad sad gamer.

TL;DR its not bad but it ain't perfect...my n52 however...god I can't wait to get a new one, wore my last one out finally, makes me a sad sad gamer.

I'm using the Nostromo and the buttons keep sticking....might get a new one and see if it does it as well.

So you got used to it...

Yes I got used to it, but like i said, dont go doing group stuff when you 1st get one.

After Mouse/keyboard for an entire lifetime, can be hard to break

At first i was switching back and forth from the side buttons to the keyboard, eventually you will learn to use the mouse without even thinking

I actually swapped to a naga from my n52, just wanted to try something new.

The hex is made primarily with RTS's in mind hence the lower number of buttons..keep that in mind when deciding between the two.

Some people just can't get used to the naga..I guess they must have club hands or something..it isn't that hard if you can manage the dexterity of a small child or above.

Been using the Razer Naga Epic that my lovely GF got me for Xmas, took a little getting used to, but couldn't imagine doing SWTOR without it now, makes things so much more fluent in running rotations for all the classes I've been playing with (mostly DPS).

Nothing for a keyboard i nthe way of Razer products, I'm playing on an Alienware M18X Notebook. Or portable desktop as it were. This thing is a bloody tank.

I do have the Razer SWTOR Headset though, which I also quite enjoy. YMMV, however, for any product that you use.

I use a Razor Naga Epic As well, and I too in the beginning was ready to take it back as well. However I decided to stick it out cause people told me that it got better. After a year with it now I love it. I cant imagine using another mouse.

I recently bought my wife a Logitech G700 cause she said she wasn't ready for the naga and I used the G700 and while it is an awesome mouse I feel crippled without the 12 buttons on the side to map everything to.

I map the side buttons to the Bottom bar so i can monitor cooldowns and such and after a while your repetitive memory kicks in and you can just seemingly do more with the naga.

Its was totally worth 130$

I use a Razor Naga Epic As well, and I too in the beginning was ready to take it back as well. However I decided to stick it out cause people told me that it got better. After a year with it now I love it. I cant imagine using another mouse.

I recently bought my wife a Logitech G700 cause she said she wasn't ready for the naga and I used the G700 and while it is an awesome mouse I feel crippled without the 12 buttons on the side to map everything to.

I map the side buttons to the Bottom bar so i can monitor cooldowns and such and after a while your repetitive memory kicks in and you can just seemingly do more with the naga.

Its was totally worth 130$

I also have the G700 but it's going back ot the store. My naga Hex is replacing it.

I just can't see using all those buttons on the mouse which is why I went with the HEX....6 on the side will be enough I think. I hope.

Used a razr for about 1 year with wow and scince i have been playing swtor. It broke.....and now i am lost....

I have noticed Best Buy no long has them in the store. If you have a Fry's or Microcenter though they both hav'em.

I use the Naga Razr (SWTOR edition). I would be lost without my 12 thumb buttons. The 2 extra top buttons are placed behind the wheel and I just can't figure out a way to hold the mouse to make those useful.

I don't know how I ever played without the mouse thumb buttons. My left hand stays on the left side of the keyboard for skill keybinds and my right stays on the mouse and controls movement and more skill keybinds.

I use the Naga Razr (SWTOR edition). I would be lost without my 12 thumb buttons. The 2 extra top buttons are placed behind the wheel and I just can't figure out a way to hold the mouse to make those useful.

I don't know how I ever played without the mouse thumb buttons. My left hand stays on the left side of the keyboard for skill keybinds and my right stays on the mouse and controls movement and more skill keybinds.

I really hope I can get as used to using the mouse for combat as you guys but it feels really strange atm.

Bind your speederbike to one of them. That's a button that's handy to have bound, but you never need to hit it in the frenzy of combat.

• 2 weeks later...

I waited months for this mouse to come out. stalked it on newegg for weeks after release to catch it in stock. got the mouse in the mail and hated it when i first tried using it. i had been using a logitech mx518 for years and didnt realize how funky i had been holding my old mouse. but here is the kicker:

Razor states it takes 18 hours of gameplay to acclimate to a new mouse. 18 hours. think about how many hours you play at a time then realize this could be up1 to a week to adjust to the new mouse.

the buttons are right in the middle of where your thumb goes. awesome for rocking your thumb back and forth for the buttons, terrible if you grip your mouse with your thumb. there is a replaceable thumb rest that will lift your thumb above the buttons to help, but my thumb is small and cant rock properly with the rest.

12 buttons is too many. very few people use all 12 because its uncomfortable to reach them. 9 seems to be right and some claim to only use 6. the regular naga has membrane buttons. we all know membrane buttons, they are soft, spongy and silent. awesome if you like that. i require a little tactile feedback. the naga buttons are mechanical. you hear and feel them when they click. they are fast and responsive. sure there are only 6 but i can rock my thumb and reach all 6.

software. lol. all you healers out there. you need this mouse. devs stated they did not feel like healing mouseover macros counted as real macros. what does this mean to us? the devs feel mouseover healing macros do not violate the spirit of the tos that restricts macro use. [MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE STATEMENT]

MACRO FOR BUTTON 1= left button down, left button up, delay .020 seconds, keypress '1' down, keypress '1' up

what does the macro do? it left clicks, delays, and presses the 1 key. assign the keybinding 1 to your heal.

click the button, it mouseover heals that target.

BIOWARE, FEEL FREE TO EDUCATE ME ON THE USE OF THIS MACRO.

Got my Hex a few days ago, and like it sofar. Haven't been playing much SWTOR though, except trying out a few macros, which are very easy to setup.

The size and shape feels bigger and better then the Razer Naga, which i feelt was a little too small, and had WAY to many buttons.

6 buttons is much more realistic imho, and i look forward to try it out in TERA and GW2.

So far it looks to be my 1st and best MMO mouse after trying out a lot of different mice.