The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why are there so many fickle people threatening to cancle Pre-Order?

ColdLogic

Its a me me me world because the old people are lazy. LAZY LAZY LAZY and want the young people to do all the work? I plan on never retiring, its called working to live. Not to be lazy like Bioware. Rift shows hard work can make a headstart that actually works (and give out something besides one color of special items). That is the difference.

They should have told people to BUY the game on 7/21 to play ASAP. That is why people preorder: TO PLAY THE VERY SECOND THAT THE SERVERS GO ONLINE ITS WHY WE WAIT AT MIDNIGHT RELEASES. What are you all confused about? The game started today, not the 20th. 13th was the GAME RELEASE, the day I can make my toon and NEVER get it erased. That is the START of ANY game. I like to start playing board games with the family, not come in when there almost done?

If I could go back in time and take the lazy persons job i would. L2work more then 8 hour days like real humans. Need real work ethics, not the one where the upper echelon thinks that if someone is complaining, there entitled like old people and huge hunks of money they sit on until they die.

I laugh when people compare it to Rift, they added like 500000 servers on the fly, and then within a month the population was too spread and servers went ghost. Yea, that was a great idea!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it humerus and sad at the same time... seriously, grow up! I'm getting tired of this self entitlement attitude that has become ever prevalent in modern society. Just stop it...

Bioware didn't have to extend the Pre-Order early access by an additional two days, and they're doing everything they can to make sure things go smooth.

Why are there so many defending a poor launch? Why is the sun not blue? Why are people who complain about elitist attitudes on dmg meters, often elitist themselves when it comes to pre-order dates? So many questions!

I am laughing reading that people actually took off work thinking they would get in today. No matter when you redeemed your code they aren't going by so who ever said wait in the line about who redeemed first.....that's wrong. I know to people that bought the game 4 days ago and redeemed there code and are in. It's obvious they are going buy where you purchased the game first by going through all there sellers of the game. It seems that Origin has 1st dibs. Also when it said up to 5 days early access that didn't mean you would get the 5 days. It meant that you could be allowed in sometime during that time frame.I laugh at all when they can't get in until day 5 at 11:59 pm on the 19th.....but that is early access...and believe me it will happen. So people should not complain about when they are getting in the game.

****, they have OFICIALLY confirmed posts like these are trolls.

Screen shots or it didn't happen! You want to argue, have some PROOF! Tell them to stream everything on twitch. They can show when they pre ordered and them logging in game already

Yea thats what I thought, shuttup already. Go back under your bridge

People that think like that should be dissalowed to vote, or reproduce, or do anything that requires any form of sanity.

It's not even nearly a fiasco, especially comparing it to the WoW launches. You remember those? Servers down for days. When you bought SWTOR, the launch date was the 20th, and if you pre-ordered early minus a few days of early launch. If the bulk of the early orders isn't in by the end of the 15th, i could understand all the complaints.

Thing is, up to a few days ago, noone even expected to get in anywhere before the 15th, now they added 2 extra days of early launch, and people act like it's the end of the world. Noone even planned this, people like that are what is wrong with the modern 1st world countries.

all valid points, but does not change the fact that its true. There are people like that, in great numbers, and they are/were paying customers. People like that are also the reason MMOs these days are less based on friendship and groups and more based on bashing your face skillessly into a keyboard repeatedly.

However, more of those types of people play than not. And it still remains that Bioware -will- lose money over it, and sustained money. Each canceled pre-order and person that returns to a previous game is not only 60-150 dollars gone, its 14 a month for however long they would have played. When added up in the thousands, thats a lot of money.

They should have told people to BUY the game on 7/21 to play ASAP. That is why people preorder: TO PLAY THE VERY SECOND THAT THE SERVERS GO ONLINE ITS WHY WE WAIT AT MIDNIGHT RELEASES.

It is? I preorder and go to midnight launches because i want to guarantee i get a copy of a bound to be popular game and not have to wait weeks before it comes back into stock.

And that makes it even sadder.

People complain because they believe that they are "entitled" to it. But honestly, did you purchase the game because you wanted to play the game or to play pre-game?

I know my answer. And it's ice cream.

I got the pre-order for the possibility of early access....

I got mine on the 1st of December, right after my beta weekend.

I dont expect anything other than the possibility of early play...and a guarantee of a piss colored lightsaber.

I find it humerus and sad at the same time... seriously, grow up! I'm getting tired of this self entitlement attitude that has become ever prevalent in modern society. Just stop it...

Bioware didn't have to extend the Pre-Order early access by an additional two days, and they're doing everything they can to make sure things go smooth.

They believe that threatening to quit will get them in earlier than what they would have been chosen for to gain access.

It's fun to watch sometimes.

Does anyone else think this is funny?

After participating in many, many MMO launches I have seen this same thing happen every single time. The devs won't even give the "canceling my..." posts the time of day for that reason. I have been expecting this and got popcorn/soda ready just for that reason.

No matter how a launch is set up or how well it goes there will inevitably be the pouty/whiney crowd who think that a post of them threatening to cancel will make some dev somewhere say, "OH NOES, THEY CANCELED!!!1!!ONE!!!"

Well, sorry sister, nobody cares. See ya round... or not, lulz.

Edited by greydude

I am annoyed at Bioware as I pre-ordered day 1 through Origins, but Origins could not provide a pre-order code to me to redeem. So I had to order through Amazon, result my redeem date is 7/26 and I am not in the early waves. Completely Biowares fault.

As far as the fiasco part, waiting queues, servers full, well, all MMO launches go through this stage. The first month or two will be very bumpy. Anyone who expects differently will be dissappointed

Read my post above. I preorder to play THE VERY SECOND THE SERVERS COME ONLINE. Do they want 10000$ so I can play today? If that was an option I would be in. If they told me to buy it on 7/21 so I can play today, I would have preordered then not 7 days later......

All that matters is, I play when the servers go live, I would have done anything to ensure this if I was given all the info. Rift did such a good head start I'm spoiled I guess. It was just such a shock to see a launch and patches so smooth and fast. This just makes you wonder how hard there actually working. I'm afraid people are so lazy it seems.

Now Im not threatening to cancel and I like the game, just after seeing a lower budget game launch smooth when they got near double what they expected population wise. This just hurts. :confused:

Does anyone else think this is funny?

After participating in many. many MMO launches I have seen this same thing happen every single time. The devs won't even give the "canceling my..." posts the time of day for that reason. I have been expecting this and got popcorn/soda ready just for that reason.

No matter how a launch is set up or how well it goes there will inevitably be the pouty/whiney crowd who think that a post of them threatening to cancel will make some dev somewhere say, "OH NOES, THEY CANCELED!!!1!!ONE!!!"

Well, sorry sister, nobody cares. See ya round... or not, lulz.

Wrong see Rift headstart

Why shouldnt they say they want to cancel. they were sold and paid for a preorder on the preface there would be up to 5 days early access, when now it looks like it should have probably read "for most about/from 5 hours early access for a few upto 5 days."

they are people that have their own minds and sometimes its best left to them to decide what they want to post, you know there are countries that try to stop people posting views, what are they called again?

It's obvious that a hell of a lot of people lack reading comprehension.

If somebody doesn't know what "up to" means, chances are their problems extend much further than not getting into the first day of early game access.

Read my post above. I preorder to play THE VERY SECOND THE SERVERS COME ONLINE. Do they want 10000$ so I can play today? If that was an option I would be in. If they told me to buy it on 7/21 so I can play today, I would have preordered then not 7 days later......

All that matters is, I play when the servers go live, I would have done anything to ensure this if I was given all the info. Rift did such a good head start I'm spoiled I guess. It was just such a shock to see a launch and patches so smooth and fast. This just makes you wonder how hard there actually working. I'm afraid people are so lazy it seems.

Now Im not threatening to cancel and I like the game, just after seeing a lower budget game launch smooth when they got near double what they expected population wise. This just hurts. :confused:

Im glad people like you don't make it in at early launch because it proves just how bad you are at games in general, you can't pay someone to make you play better.

If your really looking forward to a game launch you really gotta go back and re-think your life. When you line up at midnight do you really think oh i'm gonna get way more stuff than everyone else? If you wanted a guarantee wait till the 20th =D