Which skill tree is Melee DPS?

Katywills

Darkness is tanking.

Deception is stealth/burst and the most melee oriented of the two DPS spec, and more than Darkness in its final stage.

Madness is about DoT, has less burst but slightly better DPS over time apparently. DoT can be dispelled in PvP so make senses. Its very force-oriented.

Hope that helped.

Ive just made an assassin and ive noticed that Madness is force but the other 2 im unsure about

Darkness is tank and also has fairly little melee based attacks, deception is the most melee base spec.

edit. dam see someone else beat me to it :)

Edited by deags

Honestly if you want a melee DPS you should re-roll. Deception is just not very good right now. You can do more damage as Darkness in DPS gear. Darkness is not very melee though. It's mostly fore shock, wither and force lightning.

Darkness is tank and also has fairly little melee based attacks, deception is the most melee base spec.

edit. dam see someone else beat me to it :)

If you want pure melee DPS, you should roll a Maurader as Assassins are more or less a hybrid melee-ranged class.

Honestly if you want a melee DPS you should re-roll. Deception is just not very good right now. You can do more damage as Darkness in DPS gear. Darkness is not very melee though. It's mostly fore shock, wither and force lightning.
THATS ENTIRELY UNTRUE. I love how baddies who can't play deception think darkness does more dps. I had the same problem with a madness sin last night who kept telling me that his spec was better but I out damaged him all night using nothing but single target attacks in warzones. Got more kills also.

Only bad deception players claim deception is broken and/or underpowered.

You may get more damage on the scoreboard with darkness but thats from spreading a lot of aoe damage around and doing no real substitutional damage on any single target.

Edited by deags

My alt is a 50 assassin, and just spent the last month pvping every day (10+ wz's a day). I went from valor 1 to valor 50 as a madness assassin, and your damage is way above average. I was often first in dps by 50-75k.

The problem is killing a really good healer. You won't be able to do it, period. You cannot out dps their ability to heal. I've tried saving up, not building their resolve bar as much as I can until they are lower on life, then trying to burst the rest of the way while stunning them/interrupting. They have enough escapes to make it incredibly difficult, and good luck taking down a merc/commando.

At 51 valor I swapped to darkness and it was a night and day difference. Suddenly, the warzones I participated in were winning, alot. I can kill any class 1v1, and can reliably take down annoying healers. Force pull is mighty powerful when combined with guaranteed crit shocks + a fully charge harness darkness. Let the environmental get them low (pulling into slime), and then blast away. Your force regenerates fast enough to out damage their healing and they'll go down fast. Spike + Electrocute keeps them in the slime.

You can also function as a pretty decent ball runner, and have 15% run speed + fast force speed that breaks snares. Operatives that used to own me through stunlock now only take off 40% of my life before they are spent.

I tried going back to madness last night (now at valor 61) and I couldn't take it. swapped back after 2 war zones.

tl;dr go darkness if you want to pvp. madness for pve.

You may get more damage on the scoreboard with darkness but thats from spreading a lot of aoe damage around and doing no real substitutional damage on any single target.

Not really the single target dps monsters are energized shock and 3 stack HD. Darkness does a lot of single target dps

its all approach really.

If you want to be a classic rogue, sneaking around and backstabbing people, then deception assassin is the class for you.

If you want to just run into people swinging and chopping them down and aren't particularly worried about how sneaky you are when you get there as long as you're doing damage- marauder.

That's just utter rubbish. the damage is higher not because of AoE, but because it is far more sustained and less dependant on procs and CDs. All you're doing is showing that you haven't actually given both a valid test and are therefore working on incomplete evidence.

That's just utter rubbish. the damage is higher not because of AoE, but because it is far more sustained and less dependant on procs and CDs. All you're doing is showing that you haven't actually given both a valid test and are therefore working on incomplete evidence.

i agree with the sustained part, but Deception have zero viable aoe in warzones (well for the sake of just dealing pure damage anyway), while Darkness does aoe damage on every discharge and every wither. That aoe damage over a course of a full warzone really does add up.

This post is absurd.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.