New Battlefront 3 Video (It's new I promise)

Tuscad

While I agree with you, I am also afraid of them taking too long that it become a piece of crap like Duke Nukem Forever. Releasing it too early = fixable by DLC

Taking too long to release it = Not recoverable.

Mmm very true, although it'd be a shame if they released it in an unfinished state and forced us to pay for DLC that made the game complete.

I don't mind waiting a little longer.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 360 was released in 2005 (if I'm remembering correctly). That's seven years, a really good run for a video game console but compared to PCs their hardware is medieval, I highly doubt there's enough juice in them to keep up for another three years.

It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft and Sony are already prototyping new systems, hell they probably started thinking about them five years ago.

You are correct, I think it was November 1st or 5th, but I know the 360 was released November of 2005. It is outdated compared to PC hardware, I agree. I am hoping that the current console last for at least another 2 years.

Lol, yeah, Microsoft and Sony were probably thinking about this when the made the first Xbox and Playstation.

I just hope that for the love of god that they don't close the servers for the game if it is released on the 360.

Edit: @ Sambeta: I agree completely, that would suck to pay for DLC to have a complete game and I would definitely break out into tears if this game ended up being bad and deadpanned.

Edited by Tuscad

You are correct, I think it was November 1st or 5th, but I know the 360 was released November of 2005. It is outdated compared to PC hardware, I agree. I am hoping that the current console last for at least another 2 years.

Lol, yeah, Microsoft and Sony were probably thinking about this when the made the first Xbox and Playstation.

I just hope that for the love of god that they don't close the servers for the game if it is released on the 360.

I hope that Sony brings back backwards compatibility so my PS1/2 library is useful again, I'm not sure my PS2 even works anymore and that was one huge reason I didn't get a PS3.

But yea, hardware that was released six months ago is completely obsolete now, the 360, PS3 and Wii are pretty much ancient as far as our tech goes. If they don't replace them soon they're going to start losing out to more PC oriented games again, which I think would be amazing because I love PC gaming.

I hope that Sony brings back backwards compatibility so my PS1/2 library is useful again, I'm not sure my PS2 even works anymore and that was one huge reason I didn't get a PS3.

But yea, hardware that was released six months ago is completely obsolete now, the 360, PS3 and Wii are pretty much ancient as far as our tech goes. If they don't replace them soon they're going to start losing out to more PC oriented games again, which I think would be amazing because I love PC gaming.

I won't get either of the new systems if they are the current way they are rumored to be and they would lose out to PC systems because of their business practices regarding the new systems.

The current rumor is that both the new Xbox and Playstation Orbis have an anti-used game system in place; this means that you can't rent, let someone borrow, sell or return your game disc. It is unknown how the new Xbox will do it but the Orbis is rumored to have the disc's serial number lock to your hard drive. I take this to mean that if your console craps out you will have to buy all of your games again, screw that.

I haven't heard any rumors regarding backwards compatability though.

Edited by Tuscad

I won't get either of the new systems if they are the current way they are rumored to be and they would lose out to PC systems because of their business practices regarding the new systems.

The current rumor is that both the new Xbox and Playstation Orbis have an anti-used game system in place; this means that you can't rent, let someone borrow, sell or return your game disc. It is unknown how the new Xbox will do it but the Orbis is rumored to have the disc's serial number lock to your hard drive.

I haven't heard any rumors regarding backwards compatability though.

Oh God. If that's true then both systems are going to crash and burn so hard it won't even be funny.

I mean with PC games you can just loan them to other people for the most part, or in the case of Steam just let them have your password and account information and you're good to go, other people can't even change anything without access to your e-mail account. But damn, hard locking game discs so you couldn't loan them out or anything? That's a one-way ticket to Failtown as far as I'm concerned.

Oh God. If that's true then both systems are going to crash and burn so hard it won't even be funny.

I mean with PC games you can just loan them to other people for the most part, or in the case of Steam just let them have your password and account information and you're good to go, other people can't even change anything without access to your e-mail account. But damn, hard locking game discs so you couldn't loan them out or anything? That's a one-way ticket to Failtown as far as I'm concerned.

Sadly I believe it, the season and online passes were a stepping stone for this. I have read about this at more places then Kotaku by the way, I can just find the info about both easier on there. If the rumors are true then yeah, Battlefront 3 for PC.

Regarding Durango- http://kotaku.com/5879202/sources-the-next-xbox-will-play-blu+ray-may-not-play-used-games-and-will-introduce-kinect-2

Regarding Orbis- http://kotaku.com/5896996/the-next-playstation-is-called-orbis-sources-say-here-are-the-details

Sadly I believe it, the season and online passes were a stepping stone for this. I have read about this at more places then Kotaku by the way, I can just find the info about both easier on there. If the rumors are true then yeah, Battlefront 3 for PC.

Regarding Durango- http://kotaku.com/5879202/sources-the-next-xbox-will-play-blu+ray-may-not-play-used-games-and-will-introduce-kinect-2

Regarding Orbis- http://kotaku.com/5896996/the-next-playstation-is-called-orbis-sources-say-here-are-the-details

Glad I stopped buying consoles after I sold my 360 to help pay for my TOR CE. On the other hand, what's Nintendo doing? LucasArts has done some good business with them in the past, how's their new system shaping up? My DS has been going strong since the day I got it, its just now getting to the point where I might have to replace it and the 3DS is freaking awesome.

Glad I stopped buying consoles after I sold my 360 to help pay for my TOR CE. On the other hand, what's Nintendo doing? LucasArts has done some good business with them in the past, how's their new system shaping up? My DS has been going strong since the day I got it, its just now getting to the point where I might have to replace it and the 3DS is freaking awesome.

I don't know squat about the Wii-U, it has been out of the running as something I would buy just because I despise the Wii. I just found this article while digging up info for you, it causes me to question the rumor that its graphics can't go beyond the 360 and PS3 though. http://kotaku.com/5899125/nobody-knows-how-powerful-the-wii-u-actually-is

As for LucasArts and Nintendo's relationship I have no clue, I think the only reason they ever had a relationship in the first place was because Nintendo was "the console to own" and after sony released the Playstation, Nintendo gained a real competitor. I can't think of any exclusive Star Wars titles for Nintendo systems since the Rogue Squadron series.

Edited by Tuscad

I don't know squat about the Wii-U, it has been out of the running as something I would buy just because I despise the Wii. I just found this article while digging up info for you, it causes me to question the rumor that its graphics can't go beyond the 360 and PS3 though. http://kotaku.com/5899125/nobody-knows-how-powerful-the-wii-u-actually-is

One thing I know is that I've never regretted buying a Nintendo product in my life, they make good stuff. Can't say the same for the 360 though.

As for LucasArts and Nintendo's relationship I have no clue, I think the only reason they ever had a relationship in the first place was because Nintendo was "the console to own" and after sony released the Playstation, Nintendo gained a real competitor. I can't think of any exclusive Star Wars titles for Nintendo systems since the Rogue Squadron series.

I take that back, The Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels.

One thing I know is that I've never regretted buying a Nintendo product in my life, they make good stuff. Can't say the same for the 360 though.

I have three games for the Wii that I enjoy, Super Smash Bros Brawl (not as good as Melee in my opinion), Super Paper Mario (not as good as the first two), and Star Wars: The Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels. I own 6 or 7 games for the Wii.

Edited by Tuscad

I have three games for the Wii that I enjoy, Super Smash Bros Brawl (not as good as Melee in my opinion), Super Paper Mario (not as good as the first two), and Star Wars: The Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels. I own 6 or 7 games for the Wii.

Every game I had for the 360 I could (and if I wanted to, did) get for the PC, and they run better, look better and have more modification options than the 360 could ever wish to have. Honestly, I think PC gaming is going to have a huge comeback if that "one console per game" thing comes to fruition. Especially since you don't have to pay a subscription cost beyond your internet package to be able to play online (Barring subscription MMOs, of course).

Edited by Aximand

Every game I had for the 360 I could (and if I wanted to, did) get for the PC, and they run better, look better and have more modification options than the 360 could ever wish to have. Honestly, I think PC gaming is going to have a huge comeback if that "one console per game" thing comes to fruition. Especially since you don't have to pay a subscription cost beyond your internet package to be able to play online (Barring subscription MMOs, of course).

That is true, the only advantage that the 360 had when it came out was the fact that you didn't need to upgrade it to play games for it. (Kinnect now makes this invalid in a way.) That is why I have always been turned on to consoles, that and the fact that the PC I had when I got it could never run jack.

Yeah the PC owns all in the end with its ability to mod anything and the no pay multiplayer.

Edited by Tuscad

That is true, the only advantage that the 360 had when it came out was the fact that you didn't need to upgrade it to play games for it. (Kinnect now makes this invalid in a way.) That is why I have always been turned on to consoles, that and the fact that the PC I had when I got it could never run jack.

Yeah the PC owns all in the end with its ability to mod anything and the no pay multiplayer.

If they did it right, and they got a good studio with a nice engine to make it, Battlefront 3 could easily be one of the bigger mass warfare action games in the next few years. Battlefield 3 is awesome for its real-world equipment and settings and all that, but for the lazors, Battlefront is where its at. I just hope they do it right, PC to Console ports work fine, but Console to PC ports always end up being shoddy and don't really work out for the first few months until they add all the other options in that PCs can handle that Consoles just don't have the capability for.

And I agree, Kinect is a gimmick, nothing more.

Edited by Aximand

If they did it right, and they got a good studio with a nice engine to make it, Battlefront 3 could easily be one of the bigger mass warfare action games in the next few years. Battlefield 3 is awesome for its real-world equipment and settings and all that, but for the lazors, Battlefront is where its at. I just hope they do it right, PC to Console ports work fine, but Console to PC ports always end up being shoddy and don't really work out for the first few months until they add all the other options in that PCs can handle that Consoles just don't have the capability for.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/03/star-wars-battlefront-3-files-discovered-on-resident-evil-raccoon-city-disc/

I saw these pictures a few days ago but had no idea of their origin other than it came from Slant Six. Slant Six might be working on Battlefront 3 as well or is as likely to be working on it, I know that at one time they were working on a Battlefront MMO.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/01/rumour-socom-devs-working-on-star-wars-battlefront-online/ < revealing that its online from 2010

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/04/new-star-wars-battlefront-game-binned-as-developers-laid-off/ <this is about the MMO from 2010

Edited by Tuscad

There is no reason that Battlefront 3 shouldn't be able to compete with COD, I have always enjoyed the first Battlefront more than any of the COD's to be honest.

I'm actually honestly a little sad.

This game is WAY too much like the SWBF2 and unfortunately that won't work in the Modern Day Gaming Industry.

FPS is a genre that is EXTREMELY hard to get into. In fact the only one's that are alive in the FPS Genre are the ones that have been around for around 8-12 years.

Halo, CoD and, Battlefied are the only real successful FPS shooters.

Thats 3 Games.

Because of those dominant three games, its hard to be successful in the FPS Genre.

Did you know that there have been 60 FPS Games in the past 2 years and yet the average gamer hears about 10 of them. And plays one out of the 10. And the average game's one out of the 10 is CoD or Battlefield(Halo is slowing down).

Yeah every now and then we'll have an upset, a new FPS game sprout like GoW. And that multiplayer lasted about 4 months before it began to decrease.

CoD4 Mw1 has more of community than GoW and it came out 3-5? years ago.

See what I mean?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a SWBF2. But I honestly think it will be short-lived.

I'm actually honestly a little sad.

This game is WAY too much like the SWBF2 and unfortunately that won't work in the Modern Day Gaming Industry.

FPS is a genre that is EXTREMELY hard to get into. In fact the only one's that are alive in the FPS Genre are the ones that have been around for around 8-12 years.

Halo, CoD and, Battlefied are the only real successful FPS shooters.

Thats 3 Games.

Because of those dominant three games, its hard to be successful in the FPS Genre.

Did you know that there have been 60 FPS Games in the past 2 years and yet the average gamer hears about 10 of them. And plays one out of the 10. And the average game's one out of the 10 is CoD or Battlefield(Halo is slowing down).

Yeah every now and then we'll have an upset, a new FPS game sprout like GoW. And that multiplayer lasted about 4 months before it began to decrease.

CoD4 Mw1 has more of community than GoW and it came out 3-5? years ago.

See what I mean?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a SWBF2. But I honestly think it will be short-lived.

I strongly disagree, SWBF2 was still being played and was either the most or 2nd most (Halo 2 was one of these two) played multiplayer on the Xbox 1 when Microsoft shut down the service for it. You also don't seem to be taking the size of the Star Wars fan base into account.

Edited by Tuscad

I strongly disagree, SWBF2 was still being played and was either the most or 2nd most (Halo 2 was one of these two) played multiplayer on the Xbox 1 when Microsoft shut down the service for it. You also don't seem to be taking the size of the Star Wars fan base into account.

I'm talking about Modern day Gaming Industry. There really was no FPS Genre besides Halo and a couple of single-player only games.

I know the SW Fan Base, and like I said. The game will have a huge sprout and then it will fall. Not to sound troll-ish.

I'm talking about Modern day Gaming Industry. There really was no FPS Genre besides Halo and a couple of single-player only games.

I know the SW Fan Base, and like I said. The game will have a huge sprout and then it will fall. Not to sound troll-ish.

I know you aren't trolling. I still disagree with the it will fall as like I said Battlefront 2's servers were loaded on the Xbox, I can't see why a sequel that has the same features and a lot of new ones would have less people playing.

I know the stuff in the video is gone and some of the features probably won't be held on to if this game does get made by another company but I noticed a couple of features in the video that wasn't in Battlefront 1 or 2.

The obvious one was ground to atmosphere combat (video never showed space, however a video of a later build did.)

Multiple hero's at once. If you pay attention during Hoth the lines Chewbacca has been defeated and Pilot Luke has been defeated popped up on the screen. For me this would make the game even more epic.