The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

what is the the dps parser saying for Pyro in 1.2

droidfood

I've seen 1450ish. (Not mine, just from what I see as i browse various forums)

Comparison wise, Mara's topping at 1550ish

(These are on the dummies mind you so obviously in a raid environment things change).

Overall though as much as I love parses, there is such a small sample size of people ACTUALLY parsing stuff, and correctly, to get an accurate number. (Damn you no character copies to pts). We'll probably see a lot of things level out once many more people have the availability to play with the log.

Edited by exphryl

Yea i say so i wish i could copy to PTS and would be more then happy to answer this question just dont want my choice of class to end up being the lowest dps form. but as i and alot of people know dps is not the Toon its the player.

Pyros about 1450, Marauders 1550 on dummies, which means the marauder has the advantage. I am sure in a raid environment, Pyro would be right up with marauder since the damage buff affects everyone.

I've seen 1450ish. (Not mine, just from what I see as i browse various forums)

Comparison wise, Mara's topping at 1550ish

(These are on the dummies mind you so obviously in a raid environment things change).

Overall though as much as I love parses, there is such a small sample size of people ACTUALLY parsing stuff, and correctly, to get an accurate number. (Damn you no character copies to pts). We'll probably see a lot of things level out once many more people have the availability to play with the log.

Where have you seen this number?

I havent' seen any class doing more than 1250-1300.

Inqs, Warriors, BH, and Agents are all between 1100 and 1350 from every reputable dps parser that I have seen in 1.2. With PT's and Mara's at the top and Sorc's pushing around 1250.

The 1450 to 1550 numbers you are seeing are peak numbers with all cooldowns blown bursting.

Pyros about 1450, Marauders 1550 on dummies, which means the marauder has the advantage. I am sure in a raid environment, Pyro would be right up with marauder since the damage buff affects everyone.

On a dummy. How many Ops bosses require you to just stand there and cycle through your rotatation without doing anything else? Even with equal buffs the range capabilities of a pyro might give it the advantage in an actual raid setting. We´ll have to see. Regardless, it is my opinion that every DPS class is capable of pulling it´s weight if played properly.

I´m all for using dummies to measure base dps but they are cannot be substituted for real encounters which measure effective dps. And even these numbers will fluctuate based on the strat the Op group uses for the encounter.

I predict Pyro PvE dps has nothing to worry about in 1.2. Min/maxing is kind of silly in this game. It all comes down to player deaths. In NiM operations, no amount of min/maxing will make up for a DPS who is dead (and stays dead assuming the rez has been used). You will hit the enrage timer. Some encounters you can still win by healing through the enrage timer for a short while but some you just cant. The moral of the story: stay alive and your dps will be just fine.

On a dummy. How many Ops bosses require you to just stand there and cycle through your rotatation without doing anything else? Even with equal buffs the range capabilities of a pyro might give it the advantage in an actual raid setting. We´ll have to see. Regardless, it is my opinion that every DPS class is capable of pulling it´s weight if played properly.

I´m all for using dummies to measure base dps but they are cannot be substituted for real encounters which measure effective dps. And even these numbers will fluctuate based on the strat the Op group uses for the encounter.

I predict Pyro PvE dps has nothing to worry about in 1.2. Min/maxing is kind of silly in this game. It all comes down to player deaths. In NiM operations, no amount of min/maxing will make up for a DPS who is dead (and stays dead assuming the rez has been used). You will hit the enrage timer. Some encounters you can still win by healing through the enrage timer for a short while but some you just cant. The moral of the story: stay alive and your dps will be just fine.

Because dummies are a "controlled environment" just to gauge the best possible scenario. No one said said a dummy is comparable to a boss. But if you just use a boss mob, every class will have something to QQ about. This boss, does knocks back, this boss doesnt allow me to do full rotation, this boss is more suited for melee, this boss is better for range, etc....On a dummy every AC has the ability to measure their peak on equal footing.

Regardless, I am actually one of the few that feels a combat log available to players, in some ways, will ruin the game.

People who parse with a real short time frame (cooldowns blown) as another poster stated will get around 1400ish. When you go around 3 minutes you get a more accurate #.

In full rakata Im doing about 1250 ish in a 3-5 minute fight.

honestly people should be doing 6 minute parses. Enrage timers are 6 minutes so doing DPS for the max length of a fight will give the best representation.

Not everybody cares about what it is for a scripted NPC.

The 1.2 pyro nerf is fine for PvE.

PvP is a different story, as we all know.

I don't think it will be that bad in PvP. Outside of heavy healing anything beyond that first PPA proc was overkill anyway. It really is the fact that all our burst is frontloaded that makes us powerful by giving us such a lead on opponents that outside of the 5s near immunity of tanksin/marauder no one could catch up again.

This patch doesn't change that frontloaded burst. Healers also get smacked around with the nerfbat (imo a bit to much but thats a different matter).

I believe that PvE actually got hit more by it because of the fact our sustained damage is hit by this change due to our heat venting being tied to it.

I don't think it will be that bad in PvP. Outside of heavy healing anything beyond that first PPA proc was overkill anyway. It really is the fact that all our burst is frontloaded that makes us powerful by giving us such a lead on opponents that outside of the 5s near immunity of tanksin/marauder no one could catch up again.

This patch doesn't change that frontloaded burst. Healers also get smacked around with the nerfbat (imo a bit to much but thats a different matter).

I believe that PvE actually got hit more by it because of the fact our sustained damage is hit by this change due to our heat venting being tied to it.

For the many of us who are non TD pyros, it wasnt our frontload that gave us the advantage. We relied on procs from the beginning, middle and end of the fight.

Healers dont have it as bad as you think in 1.2. The fact that expertise have hugely been buffed, healers benefit the most from this change.

In PvE pyro, sustained dps has not really changed at all. In a prolonged fight, weaving in more rapid shots to keep heat down is balanced by having more predictable procs. So it is pretty much a wash.

For the many of us who are non TD pyros, it wasnt our frontload that gave us the advantage. We relied on procs from the beginning, middle and end of the fight.

Healers dont have it as bad as you think in 1.2. The fact that expertise have hugely been buffed, healers benefit the most from this change.

In PvE pyro, sustained dps has not really changed at all. In a prolonged fight, weaving in more rapid shots to keep heat down is balanced by having more predictable procs. So it is pretty much a wash.

Have you not seen the update where they nerfed the amount of + healing gained from expertise in another set of notes after the main notes.. so healers arent getting that much of an extra bonus in that department.

I guess your right with the non TD... Haven't come across many of them and i guess its another of the ones that won't exist much :( Surprised they haven't just done what Blizzard ended up doing with the 'here we'll make the choice easy.. have to put 31pts in 1 tree before you can pick another' crap.

Might be as balanced.. but its a hell of a lot less fun without the RNG factor of it and that makes me a sad panda. Although if the new op needs 2 tanks constantly i won't have to worry anyway, as it is i'm tanking in karaggas anyway cause of the 2 fights that need it.

Have you not seen the update where they nerfed the amount of + healing gained from expertise in another set of notes after the main notes.. so healers arent getting that much of an extra bonus in that department.

Actually no I havent. Kindly give me a link as I still cant see it. Must have been a few updates ago.

I guess your right with the non TD... Haven't come across many of them and i guess its another of the ones that won't exist much :( Surprised they haven't just done what Blizzard ended up doing with the 'here we'll make the choice easy.. have to put 31pts in 1 tree before you can pick another' crap.

Actually, I would say at least half the pyros play non-TD specs :p

I think they havent really put much thought in the tree designs from the beginning. There is very little creativity or thought process that goes into specs now, and I am sure in the future it is going to be more like staple cookie-cutter specs and that's it.

Might be as balanced.. but its a hell of a lot less fun without the RNG factor of it and that makes me a sad panda. Although if the new op needs 2 tanks constantly i won't have to worry anyway, as it is i'm tanking in karaggas anyway cause of the 2 fights that need it.

I agree 100%. What I loved about Pyro is the gamble and fun factor of the RNG. If our burst was OP, they could have lowered it in so many different ways without destroying the fun factor of the tree.

Not everybody cares about what it is for a scripted NPC.

then the DPS doesn't matter, you would only care about burst damage thus a parse would be worthless.

Parses are for longer fights... there is no reason to do them unless you are interested in damage over an amount of time, you do not parse for a "burst" but then again its silly for me to assume you should know that.

its nice to know that even personal combat logs are gonna get rip to shreds by the community

i cant wait to see "lfm explosive conflict dont want ::insert class that was low on the combat log parse list on forums::"when the patch comes out.gonna be great!

Edited by CrunkShizzle

PvP is a different story, as we all know.

well the buffs to advanced prototype look pvp related

but meh,i dont know.im lookin at rollin a scoundrel now instead of a powertech,but i guess if i end up not liking scoundrel scrappers(they seem fun from the videos ive watched though)ill probably end up making a powertech