Bio Chem Pigeon Holing

VegaPhone

I feel that the way crafting is done in swtor is that it forces people to take biochem sinec that is the most useful. The use is evident from the nice boost of stims, adrenals, and med pacs which make pvp, and pve a lot more easier. The use of bio chem can be bought from vendors but at a high cost.

Thus, if that is true, and bio chem is the choice of pvpers, or frugal spending pve'ers, then it hurts crafting and hurts our want to try new crafts with alts.

So, how is bioware going to help crafting, and also even the playing field of crafting that everyone can enjoy another person's profession for a cost for a reusable for example?

Or maybe the solution is to make items across not reusable?

Anyhow, my concern is how I feel no need to try other crafts.

I would try another craft if I had money/in game credits to spare and the alt space for the same server (since i plan on using all alts for pvp and pve -all 8 AC's, and the money is going to be shared for them and on a new server I wold have a low lvl character with no money but the option to play the auction house which still requires money and time). So possibly keeping crafting as it is, and maybe give us more alt slots so we can make alts which are just crafters and not for pve or pvp.

Any feedback on crafting, and how you agree or disagree is welcome.

Edited by VegaPhone

Disagree. Because 1.2 will somewhat resolve this. You will not be able to be biochem and have your toon able to craft augment-critted armor/weapons/mods. You can have an alt do it, but you could also have an alt craft biochem consumables.

I haven't done the math, but I think you may be right in that the singular benefit of the biochem craft will be the best, with the benefit of reusables being a cheap bonus. But I think they are supposedly being phased out. All other crafting professions require an additional profession to give their Best in Slot benefits.

Disagree. Because 1.2 will somewhat resolve this. You will not be able to be biochem and have your toon able to craft augment-critted armor/weapons/mods. You can have an alt do it, but you could also have an alt craft biochem consumables.

I haven't done the math, but I think you may be right in that the singular benefit of the biochem craft will be the best, with the benefit of reusables being a cheap bonus. But I think they are supposedly being phased out. All other crafting professions require an additional profession to give their Best in Slot benefits.

In you first paragraph you mention we can do biochem and craft other items on the same toon?

This is a concern since biochem reusable can not be sold and used by someone without biochem. Thats the problem with biochem and I am guessing other professions, and only people in the same profession can use certain elite items like the reusables of biochem.

Also, if you could say what 1.2 is introducing to make crafting more of an even playing field. As far as I know they are increasing crafting to be more useful for other classes, and thats good, but biochem with pvp gear is better than the alternative of crafting gear, and pvp gear. The pvp'er would want the pvp gear and biochem. So how does 1.2 resolve this pigeon holing?

Imo, they should remove the requirement of needing to be biochem to use biochem reusables, and for other elite items for other crafts which are useful in pvp as well. Unless there is a better alternative in 1.2 that I am not aware of.

Edited by VegaPhone

In you first paragraph you mention we can do biochem and craft other items on the same toon?

This is a concern since biochem reusable can not be sold and used by someone without biochem. Thats the problem with biochem and I am guessing other professions, and only people in the same profession can use certain elite items like the reusables of biochem.

Also, if you could say what 1.2 is introducing to make crafting more of an even playing field. As far as I know they are increasing crafting to be more useful for other classes, and thats good, but biochem with pvp gear is better than the alternative of crafting gear, and pvp gear. The pvp'er would want the pvp gear and biochem. So how does 1.2 resolve this pigeon holing?

Imo, they should remove the requirement of needing to be biochem to use biochem reusables, and for other elite items for other crafts which are useful in pvp as well. Unless there is a better alternative in 1.2 that I am not aware of.

BioChem (Rakata) reusables will eventually be worthless as better items are introduced. Besides the reusables are not the best at the moment, the Exotech ones are which have a 2 hour duration.

And in response to another poster, BioChem can crit craft Implants with augment slows in 1.2

BioChem (Rakata) reusables will eventually be worthless as better items are introduced. Besides the reusables are not the best at the moment, the Exotech ones are which have a 2 hour duration.

And in response to another poster, BioChem can crit craft Implants with augment slows in 1.2

We can crit craft implants with aug slots now..

IIRC, at the guild summit they said:

1. Reuseables (in general) age going to be phased out.

2. Crafted items were going to stop being BoP and/or skill restricted.

So far, there isn't really any sign of either of those two things happening with 1.2 (yet?)

As such, biochem remains the only crew skill with a significant perk.

You don't understand the meaning of phased out do you? Even the dev reposted and said they are not removing the reusables, but as new items become available the reusable falls farther behind. Already exotech is better than the rakata reusables, and exotech is usable by anyone AND has a 2 hr duration. Medpacks are limited to 1 per battle. 1.2 will change a lot of things for the crew skills. Please read up on the patch notes before coming here posting another QQ thread about biochem.

IIRC, at the guild summit they said:

1. Reuseables (in general) age going to be phased out.

2. Crafted items were going to stop being BoP and/or skill restricted.

So far, there isn't really any sign of either of those two things happening with 1.2 (yet?)

As such, biochem remains the only crew skill with a significant perk.

Wanted to point out here that this is true, although not for the current items in game other than the cybertech vehicles.

I don't have Biochem as a crafting skill on any of my 3 main characters.

and i am quite happy. You don't NEED biochem. what you NEED is a group of players that don't suck.

^ This. Though it's rather convenient if you can make them yourself, otherwise you'd have to keep buying them. Your entire raid being stimmed and using adrenals can be just that little bit of extra stats to finish off a boss before it enrages or any kind of other trouble might occur. Early on I remember doing SOA in EV normal mode and we kept reaching 9% and then he enrages. Only one guy in our raid was stimmed if everyone else was as well that might've been just that little bit to getting him down sooner.

Thnx for the replies. I am not familiar with the exotech... so where can we get that?

Im guessing its recipe drop from EV or an ops.

That it is. And any new raids will provide new shemantics.

The reusables are merely for convenience that's all.

It's more interesting to me at least they you are capable of making augmented implants of any version (redoubt, overkill, criticial) and then get whatever extra secondary stats you wish, for all I care that be presence. Just like with any other craft that will take time.

Funny, I haven't seen anyone use Exotech on my server, they all use Rakata, I guess they are just all dumb right?

well due to the fact you can crit barrels and armor and learn to craft mod belts O_O.. Rip out the mods from pvp gear into the mod armor mod gear the best ftw..