KotNR and possible SWTOR idea

Roxax

I was thinking, of all the raging I've seen that there isn't going to a KotoR 3, (mainly since TOR closed all of the storylines that could have been extended to make kotor 3) why can't they just make Knights of the NEW republic? Taking place during (or sometime after) the Yuzhan Vong war, make a storyline off of that while going back to the kotor system. (with a few modifications, such as the possiblity of non-jedi/sith classes) It would work, it's not Kotor, but it could be it's spiritual successor.

On another note: For a future update for SWTOR (not sure if It's been done so bear with me), they could add a dual legacy system of a sort. Be able make a force wielder that is like Revan by having a lvl 50 jedi and a lvl 50 sith character on the same server. Remake the Jedi gunman(Kotor players should know this one, kind of like gunslinger/consular mix I suppose). There could be many possibilities on how it would work.

These are just my ideas, tell me what you think :)

Kot-ner.... Doesn't quite have the same ring to it as Koh-tor.

In all honesty, what was the last Star Wars game that featured anything post Clone Wars, or even post Galactic Civil War????

Only one I can think of that wasn't based before the original movies was Empire at War.

Pretty much every other Star Wars game since then has all been Clone Wars timeframe and earlier.

In all honesty, what was the last Star Wars game that featured anything post Clone Wars, or even post Galactic Civil War????

Only one I can think of that wasn't based before the original movies was Empire at War.

Pretty much every other Star Wars game since then has all been Clone Wars timeframe and earlier.

The Jedi Knight series ventured into the New Republic, but not far. Empire at War had an expansion campaign that was somewhat into the New Republic, but even then, it wasn't far either.

I know it doesn't have as much as a ring to it, but it could work, I mean, it's not like it could do any harm.

People want to use the world of star wars to make something great but face it, every time a game was made in the "original" era, the slightest mistake was rage nerded. It's much safer to play in a timeline where, anything can happen. I remember in SWG how people went nuts about the timeline... lol

Force Unleashed is canon and from the original timeline :p

The Jedi Knight series ventured into the New Republic, but not far. Empire at War had an expansion campaign that was somewhat into the New Republic, but even then, it wasn't far either.

Jedi Academy is around ten years old now.

Forces of Corruption approximately six years old.

When you look at all the Star Wars games that have come out since then, and since the prequels themselves, post RoTJ settings are few and far between.

The problem is that the greater level of profit was to be found during the times of the movies, and very shortly after.

KoTOR broke from this formula and introduced a period of Star Wars history that was new and fresh to many.

Honestly though, I doubt there'll be any New Republic era games out of Lucas Arts for a long time.

Profit is currently in Prequels/Clone Wars timeframe, with the exception of TOR.

It would certainly be refreshing to "move forwards" again with other game genres.

When you look at all the Star Wars games that have come out since then, and since the prequels themselves, post RoTJ settings are few and far between.

The problem is that the greater level of profit was to be found during the times of the movies, and very shortly after.

KoTOR broke from this formula and introduced a period of Star Wars history that was new and fresh to many.

Honestly though, I doubt there'll be any New Republic era games out of Lucas Arts for a long time.

Profit is currently in Prequels/Clone Wars timeframe, with the exception of TOR.

It would certainly be refreshing to "move forwards" again with other game genres.

I don't know there are plenty of "true" star wars nerds (such as myself) who'd like to see something to that effect, I think if they gave it a shot they'd probably like the outcome.

Of course I'm just being overly optimistic :)

Try KotA. Knights of the Alliance. Remember, the government's official name is the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, or the Alliance for short.

KotA, KotNR, either time period would work, as per earlier suggestion, they can merely make it take place after the latest expanded universe story. It would work, there wouldn't be anything too conflicting, and we would have something very similar(if not the same) as our beloved KotoR.

I'd love to see how the Sith/Jedi of that time period work in the game, and I'd also like to have an actually saber staff(or polearm I suppose, you know, very long hilt and the blade at the end?), I can only dream I suppose...

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

"Pretty much ever other" isn't the same as "Every other".

Force Unleashed was successful, people have not tried too hard to make many games post Galactic Civil War, so how would we know? They simply need to try, I mean they aren't going to lose anything, since they already have millions of people being milked monthly for playing SWTOR.

Force Unleashed was successful, people have not tried too hard to make many games post Galactic Civil War, so how would we know? They simply need to try, I mean they aren't going to lose anything, since they already have millions of people being milked monthly for playing SWTOR.

Don't mention the second one.

That atrocity doesn't exist.

George Lucas needs to stop revisiting the clone wars, it wasn't that important, it was all part of Plagueis and Sidious's plan, throwing in maul is just another confusing addition to the animated series. FU2 should have never been made (everyone agrees). But those graphics fused with another KotOR would be a god among games. That is if they do it right, im tired of seeing heavily human based games, how many species are in star wars? I don't understand why they don't make another sequel to one of their most popular games ever. At least the cancelled FU3

FU2 should have never been made (everyone agrees).

I think it should have been made, but what we got was just not what it should have been imo.

But those graphics fused with another KotOR would be a god among games.

Safe to assume that's what we've got...

That is if they do it right, im tired of seeing heavily human based games, how many species are in star wars? I don't understand why they don't make another sequel to one of their most popular games ever. At least the cancelled FU3

They cancelled KoTOR3 in favour of this.

It was in the earliest stages of pre-production work when Lucas Arts began making cutbacks.

The closest we'd get to playing a non-human in another SW game would be any species that looks like a human with bits glued on it, and spoke in Galactic Basic/English.

I was thinking, of all the raging I've seen that there isn't going to a KotoR 3, (mainly since TOR closed all of the storylines that could have been extended to make kotor 3) why can't they just make Knights of the NEW republic? Taking place during (or sometime after) the Yuzhan Vong war, make a storyline off of that while going back to the kotor system. (with a few modifications, such as the possiblity of non-jedi/sith classes) It would work, it's not Kotor, but it could be it's spiritual successor.

On another note: For a future update for SWTOR (not sure if It's been done so bear with me), they could add a dual legacy system of a sort. Be able make a force wielder that is like Revan by having a lvl 50 jedi and a lvl 50 sith character on the same server. Remake the Jedi gunman(Kotor players should know this one, kind of like gunslinger/consular mix I suppose). There could be many possibilities on how it would work.

These are just my ideas, tell me what you think :)

My friend, you have no idea how much I battled for a KOTOR3 and for the release of KOTOR2's cut content, so many petitions, emails to LucasArts, BioWare, Obsidian, etc...lol

But after all of this I don't think a KOTOR3 will ever be made, it's like waiting for a Warcraft 4...Especially now that the major cliffhangers from Revan and The Exile were finally revealed. I'm going to stop here because I don't want to ruin the experience for anyone, no spoilers from me.

Somehow, I still believe and hope that our beloved Revan will have a very important role in future expansions of SWTOR.

Back to your ideas it's funny because both in KOTOR1&2 when I was a Jedi I always had force lightning even if it was weaker, however, I think the Legacy System is as much as we will get for hybrid characters.

However, who knows about the future...BioWare just keeps surprising me, I'm very eager to have a Sith pureblood as a Jedi :]

I think it should have been made, but what we got was just not what it should have been imo.

Safe to assume that's what we've got...

They cancelled KoTOR3 in favour of this.

It was in the earliest stages of pre-production work when Lucas Arts began making cutbacks.

The closest we'd get to playing a non-human in another SW game would be any species that looks like a human with bits glued on it, and spoke in Galactic Basic/English.

It's not safe to assume that's what we have, face it, FU on the Wii has better graphics than ToR... and those are some pretty crappy graphics. Take the graphics from the Xbox/PS3 version and slap them on a KOTOR successor(KotNR, KotA, whatever we all know neither bioware or lucas arts cares enough to make it happen) and THAT would be a god among games.

Interesting fact, KOTOR was originally going to be set during the Clone Wars but this was denied because Episode 3 wasn't out yet.

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kotor#Conception

Edit: Actually Episode 2 wasn't out yet when it was being designed which is why it wasn't allowed, my bad.

Edited by Tuscad

Interesting fact, KOTOR was originally going to be set during the Clone Wars but this was denied because Episode 3 wasn't out yet.

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kotor#Conception

Edit: Actually Episode 2 wasn't out yet when it was being designed which is why it wasn't allowed, my bad.

Makes you wonder if it would have been as popular, had Bioware not gone with the ealier timeframe.

I must confess to still feeling a bit cheated by the "You are Revan!!!" twist.

Left me feeling like my work had been cheapened so they could lump in another redemption plot, along with Juhani and Bastila's.

Makes you wonder if it would have been as popular, had Bioware not gone with the ealier timeframe.

I must confess to still feeling a bit cheated by the "You are Revan!!!" twist.

Left me feeling like my work had been cheapened so they could lump in another redemption plot, along with Juhani and Bastila's.

I thought it was genius, I never saw it coming but it made complete sense.

I thought it was genius, I never saw it coming but it made complete sense.

All of this KOTOR talk is making me want to play it, too bad my xbox disc is a frisbee and my computer copy doesn't agree with my computer :(

All of this KOTOR talk is making me want to play it, too bad my xbox disc is a frisbee and my computer copy doesn't agree with my computer :(

You could probably download a program to make it compatable, I did that with Tie Fighter.