[SPOILERS] Is my companion glitched? Need info

Sunaness

Hey, Sith Marauder here, so far I've been staying on the line of neutrality, by sheer coincidence! It just comes naturally, anyway I just got Jaesa (cheer!) and was a little surprised when she joined me with sudden orange eyes and dark makeup.

I did a little research and learned that there are two Jaesa's: Light and Dark. Judging from my codex entry on her, she's a light side Jaesa, enjoying honor etc. Since I didn't dig her look, I ventured to the customization vendor on Taris only to find I can only equip Dark Side customizations!

What the sith?! Why is my Jaesa happy with my light side choices yet looks like a demonic dark side sith lord? Is this because of my neutrality (a solid 3500 light/3500 dark)? Or is this a glitch?

I've also scoured the internet for a picture of what Light side Jaesa looks like, anybody got one?

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Sunaness

I'm pretty sure that Jeasa's light or darkness is triggered by the choices you make at the time you get her and not by your light/dark score. So if you chose the dark side choices at that time, she's dark and there isn't anything you can do now.

It's a known bug, happened to me as well. It's kind of hilarious at times though since she'll suddenly start ambient dialogue about ripping people apart and then say happy little things moments later.

It'll be fixed in the patch, from what I hear. (1.2)

You definately got Dark Jaesa. Light Jaesa looks unchanged from when you first meet her.

Light: Brown Hair, 'natural' makeup, uses Force attacks

Dark: Black hair, orange eyesSpaceGoth makeup, uses lightning attacks

Which you get is determined by a conversational choice you get when meeting her. Not your alignment. (Although if you're too light you dont get dark option.) If you think you got the wrong one, then I'd bug it. The only bug with her they are fixing in 1.2 is the light version giving dark dialogue lines during combat. (Which could easilly be explained because she's pretending to be sith in public)

But its not all bad. The dark version can be romanced. If you're into that sort of thing. ;)

Edited by CutlassJack

When I got Jaesa as Dark Side my Codex kept telling me all her light side information (I was a pure DS Marauder and did all the DS options) so at first I thought I got the Light Side Jaesa. Just ignore the Codex.

But its not all bad. The dark version can be romanced. If you're into that sort of thing. ;)

Oh trust me I'd love to romance her (and do so in my head), too bad I'm female and the game mechanics are very heteronormative. :(

Do you have a link to what options lead to which Jaesa? With those I'd be able to bug it if I need to, and if not I'll just learn to love the one I have. Though I'm pretty sure she's got a light side personality considering she's gaining affection when I'm honorable and nice, etc.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Edited by Sunaness

Hey, Sith Marauder here, so far I've been staying on the line of neutrality, by sheer coincidence! It just comes naturally, anyway I just got Jaesa (cheer!) and was a little surprised when she joined me with sudden orange eyes and dark makeup.

I did a little research and learned that there are two Jaesa's: Light and Dark. Judging from my codex entry on her, she's a light side Jaesa, enjoying honor etc. Since I didn't dig her look, I ventured to the customization vendor on Taris only to find I can only equip Dark Side customizations!

What the sith?! Why is my Jaesa happy with my light side choices yet looks like a demonic dark side sith lord? Is this because of my neutrality (a solid 3500 light/3500 dark)? Or is this a glitch?

I've also scoured the internet for a picture of what Light side Jaesa looks like, anybody got one?

Thanks for reading!

The version of Jaesa you get depends largely on the choices you made with her family on Alderaan. Using that as a basis, you THEN get only certain choices on Hutta when you "recruit" her.

I have no idea if it's possible to make light side choices in one place, and dark side choices in the other. (or vice versa).

I *think* the writers made it so, if you make Dark choices on Alderaan, you only get Dark or neutral choices on Hutta. And you end up with Dark Side Jaesa. This is UNCONFIRMED.

If you want to check which version you have, go to a fansite that lists gifts for the companions, like torhead.com. If she responds to the gifts of LS jaesa, she is LS. If she responds to the gifts of DS Jaesa, then she is dark.

I *think* the writers made it so, if you make Dark choices on Alderaan, you only get Dark or neutral choices on Hutta. And you end up with Dark Side Jaesa. This is UNCONFIRMED.

I think you're right. That would make sense, I don't think I ever had light side options while recruiting her and that was probably because of the reasons you've already stated.

I was pretty merciful with her family, let them live and didn't manipulate them. I took your suggestion of presetting her with a gift, she's following Dark Jaesa's likes and dislikes.

I'll play a bit more to keep track of what types of conversation options render affection gain (so far I feel it follows her Light side) but if it's just the codex that says she's light I'll write it off as a glitch and wait for 1.2 to see if that fixes it.