The main problem with huttball

Cataphractone

Huttball is ALL about classes. That's why the wz is so cack. anyone who thinks otherwise is seriously deluded that they are skilful.

Remove force run/leap/pull and it might be a decent game. But QQ's from the 80% of players now i.e all the jedis/siths mean it will never happen even tho that would bring some sort of balance to the wz.

It's a poor wz that is defended by the classes it massively favours, if it never popped for me again I'd be over the moon. As it pops 70% of the time on my server ranked will be skewed to the force users.

i loathed hutball at first, utterly detested it in everyway, endless dying no defense and weak dps. never able to carry the ball more than 5 steps without being splattered over the arena ..

then i rerolled BH and it became strangely awesome! my GS now sleeps in a wooden box outside a wine store.

in summary yes, pvp is much about class, skill takes a back seat although skilled players do consistanly rise to the top ofc!

Can you honestly say your glad to see a juggernaut tank or a assassin tank in your voidstar or alderaan?
Yes. Any tank + healer combo = win. And you do realize tank assassins can stealth just as well (Nearly) as DPS assassins, right?

Voidstar And Alderaan Best Classes-

Mercenary/powertech- lots of ranged AOE for door/node defense

Operative/DPS assassins- stealth door/node caps

Sorcs do have an advantage in all warzones.

Uh, not really. What wins Voidstar/Alderaan is tank/healer combo. AoE and stealth are useful but it doesn't imbalance the warzones.

I tend to just say where I am in ops chat if I want someone to pass to me.

I know from experience running the ball god knows how many times that the person to pass to isn't always obvious. Particularly when you're still in mid and people to pass to aren't always in your cone of vision. Once you're on the enemy 1/3rd of the field there are few enough places to stand that facing directly forward lets you see just about everyone that might be ahead of you that's viable for a pass.

In the meantime, rather than jumping up and down and hoping the person sees me if they just grabbed the ball from mid two seconds ago, I simply say "top mid" or "top right" or something in ops chat if I'm standing in front of but above them (where they can't see unless they look). 95% of the time, I see them stop briefly (probably fiddling with the camera), then I get the ball.

It takes no longer than saying "OMG PASS" in ops chat (followed by the inevitable followup of swearing and noob calling when they didn't see me to know where to omg pass to) and far more effective.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

i loathed hutball at first, utterly detested it in everyway, endless dying no defense and weak dps. never able to carry the ball more than 5 steps without being splattered over the arena ..

then i rerolled BH and it became strangely awesome! my GS now sleeps in a wooden box outside a wine store.

in summary yes, pvp is much about class, skill takes a back seat although skilled players do consistanly rise to the top ofc!

hehe, I am playing sniper. But those above told us that we are immune to leap! That's our huge utility lol, as if half-smart people would let guardian/jugg to leap to end line. Only stupid people stand on edge waving hands, come leap to MEEE!

And what's your point?

Good players will make the most of a situation and be successful.

We all know that certain classes are better at certain roles -- especially in Huttball. Jugg/Guard and Sorc/Sage are tremendous when it comes to ball carrying. Just as other classes are good at other roles (stopping a carrier, aiding a carrier, slowing defense, helping hold mid for repop, etc).

What you describe is a situation in which player skill trumps all. Class selection is a close second, but that's just the nature of the game. Nothing in your breakdown reveals any "problem".

so i herd u liek vanguards

AoE stun, kb/root immunity (tactics), leap (tank), and the pull is nice for if people intercept a pass at the end and try to run off the catwalk. Oh, and a sexy shield. But I agree, tank guards are better at running the ball

hehe, I am playing sniper. But those above told us that we are immune to leap! That's our huge utility lol, as if half-smart people would let guardian/jugg to leap to end line. Only stupid people stand on edge waving hands, come leap to MEEE!

And our no-resolve root + knockback + cc + leap immunity makes us excellent defenders of the ball line FROM the ballline. No other class has a low cd root that builds no resolve AND a knockback, let alone leap immunity and stun immunity (But crouching operatives are immune to leaps I believe, just not CC like we ca!)

Edited by Zunayson

Class Selection IS the problem.

An equally skilled Commando can not pull a bad player out of a bad situation like he could if he was on a sage.

The sage pulling a bad player up is still better than two good players passing to each other.

not when the noob "x" runs back after that kill he was chasing because he is too dense to notice what just happened.....

there have been a lot of times ill be on my jugg in the enemy pit and their whole team would spawn and then just stand up on the ledge... i usually try and come back to thank the person after charge/score..lol

but i mean none of it really matters because there is only one rule in Huttball....

!. Dont kick the ball because Hutts Dont Have Feet

2. ... there is no #2.....in fact cheating is encouraged......

Hope that clears up any confusion with the rules for everyone :)