Corso Riggs Armour

Elrithis

Just a quick question really im leveling up a smuggler as a fun side project. Im lvl23 Sawbones spec and have been using Corso as my tank and leveling that way.

I have been upgrading his heavy armour through armourmech and he now kinda looks like a republic trooper which looks really bizzare following me around not really very smugglerish. My question is ... if i switched him to wearing modded medium armour so that i still keep the aim and endurance as his prime stats will his tanking ability suffer through not having armour numbers from his heavy armour or is it a negligble difference worth sacrificing so that he looks more smugglerish and less republic solider.

Any advice would be appriciated.

Medium for a tank is a bad option, imo. If you want him to look less "troopa" - you may try out some jedi look non-class-specific heavys, or just change helmet into some heavy-type headband (orange one comes from nar shadaa coms). From my experience - last one helps a lot (unless they finaly give us an option to turn off headslots for companions). And I also remember some "skinny" looking heavy armors, those are usually low level, but if you get orange one - you may just mod it with good stats.

Anyway - GTN seems to be the only real option for you, if you care for outfit look. As random drop oranges (many of them are quite nice in model, much nicer then reward\craft) are often found there. Just do NOT(!) use gear-quality (custom-prototype etc) filter. Probably, will be fixed in 1.2, but as it is now MANY oranges do not show up when you use this filter. Just search for heavy type from 1 to desired level.

An alternative, if the look of Corso's Heavy bothers you, would be to get some moddable gear meant for Jedi Guardians. It might look odd with any bits of "Corso's [wonderful] [random armour]" that you feel you want to use though.

Well, I put one of my corso's in the reinforced chanlon chestguard, made by synthweavers. I think it's level 31ish, he looks pretty good in it. Get a nice set of leggings to go with it and he'll never look like a trooper again. More like some desert wandering vagabond. I also have him using Flashy so it makes him look like a gunslinger, sort of :p

The dearth of non-Trooper armor in this game is pretty nasty. Akaavi should absolutely have a Mandalorian set, that's the only thing that makes sense, but good luck finding any. I put a red visor on her head and used my armormech skill to get her a set of blue heavy exoskeleton, which is metal/dark/yellow, it looks good but still pretty trooperish.

Corso is another one as you say. You can mitigate the trooper look but it takes effort.

Jedi Sage companon, Qyzen... aim/end spec, so he too probably winds up in trooper gear, even though that makes little sense.

Things like this really make it painfully obvious the game would have needed more incubation time to create at least some workable gear options. If you scratch the surface of your main character too you realize that for the smuggler there are just a couple of different looks in various colors available, and for end-game gear, one single look in various colors.

It's pretty discouraging for people who want to be a unique little snowflake, looks-wise. You're lucky if you manage to avoid being yet one more ugly speck. ;)

It's pretty discouraging for people who want to be a unique little snowflake, looks-wise. You're lucky if you manage to avoid being yet one more ugly speck.

Random drop gear is an only option, imo. Which means you need luck for box\mob drop or luck for spotting it first on GTN.

If you have an Imp side toon, consider finding some Bounty Hunter armor and selling it to yourself via the Nar Shaddaa GTN (or come 1.2 they are supposed to be adding bound to legacy items that you can mail between toons). Keeps the Trooper look out at least.

If you have an Imp side toon, consider finding some Bounty Hunter armor and selling it to yourself via the Nar Shaddaa GTN (or come 1.2 they are supposed to be adding bound to legacy items that you can mail between toons). Keeps the Trooper look out at least.

doesn't work, it just turns into the republic equivalent. You can't wear imp armor on the republic side.

doesn't work, it just turns into the republic equivalent. You can't wear imp armor on the republic side.

Ooooooh, did not know that. I knew you could effectively buy the other factions stuff from Nar Shadddas GTN but I was unaware of it actually changing the look of it.

You CAN use medium or light mod armor on Corso. Just make sure you use the +Aim armoring and such. Theres no penalty.

I play a Commando, and my companion Yuun uses Smuggler-mod pants, because they're the exact same shade of purple as his skin, so it matches nicely. And he uses +Aim armor mods. His pants have 40 less armor than his Rakata Commando dps gloves. No real difference :)

You CAN use medium or light mod armor on Corso. Just make sure you use the +Aim armoring and such. Theres no penalty.

Wrong!

There is penalty. He is going to have less armor

I play a Commando, and my companion Yuun uses Smuggler-mod pants, because they're the exact same shade of purple as his skin, so it matches nicely. And he uses +Aim armor mods. His pants have 40 less armor than his Rakata Commando dps gloves. No real difference

Less armor is a real difference!!!

Also, a very important thing to note, your comparison is flawed.

If you have pants and gloves of the same armor type and same level armoring, your pants would always have more armor value.

If you want to know how much difference changing armor type will do, you need to compare heavy armor pants to medium armor pants. You can't compare pants and gloves.

Switching from heavy to medium armor means about 25% less armor.

And this is about a tank companion, so armor is not irrelevant

Edited by Eternalnight

Wrong!

There is penalty. He is going to have less armor

Less armor is a real difference!!!

Also, a very important thing to note, your comparison is flawed.

If you have pants and gloves of the same armor type and same level armoring, your pants would always have more armor value.

If you want to know how much difference changing armor type will do, you need to compare heavy armor pants to medium armor pants. You can't compare pants and gloves.

Switching from heavy to medium armor means about 25% less armor.

And this is about a tank companion, so armor is not irrelevant

This!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.