Crash/Forceclap To Remain...?

Genocidalx

A copy of a post I made in the thread titled, "Good by Crash.."

Given the nature of the thread title, I don't think my post will get the views it deserves, so I'm making a new thread out of it. I hope someone can explain/clarify the issue for me. Here it is:

Well, Crash and Forceclap are still in the patch notes here:

http://www.swtor.com/test-center/patchnotes

I've never read anywhere about it explicitly being removed from the 1.2 patch notes.

Here are the snippets from the patch notes: with a 3/30 date:

Jedi Knight

Awe no longer costs Focus to activate.

Dispatch can now be used on targets at or below 30% of maximum health (up from 20%).

Force Kick no longer costs Focus to activate.

Master Strike can no longer be interrupted.

Force Leap now places a "root" visual effect on the affected target. *UPDATED 3/29*

Master Strike damage has been increased by approximately 15%. *UPDATED 3/29*

Guardian

Added Forceclap, a new passive ability granted at level 10 that causes Force Leap to stun the target for 2 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 12 seconds.

Sith Warrior

Disruption no longer costs Rage to activate.

Intimidating Roar no longer costs Rage to activate.

Ravage can no longer be interrupted.

Vicious Throw can now be used on targets at or below 30% of maximum health (up from 20%).

Force Charge now places a "root" visual effect on the affected target. *UPDATED 3/29*

Ravage damage has been increased by approximately 15%. *UPDATED 3/29*

Juggernaut

Added Crash, a new passive ability granted at level 10 that causes Force Charge to stun the target for 2 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 12 seconds.

The notes are stamped for 3/30/2012.

Apparently those dreaded abilities remain, or BW can't keep their notes straight. I'm still confused.

It appears that the "Root Effect" is a generic effect that applies to all Warriors/Knights' leaps in a general sense. But still, it goes on to add that Forceclap and Crash will remain for Guardians and Juggernauts specifically (suggesting that Sentinels and Marauders will NOT have the added stun on their leaps).

So, where did the rumor begin that Forceclap/Crash were being removed? Where was it stated explicitly? Are the patch notes wrong or... what's going on? Could BioWare give us some explicit clarification?

If Forceclap/Crash are staying, can we please have them removed?

Because then leap will now fill resolve whether we like it or not, and it already roots and interrupts. The stun is wasted. There is no tradeoff.

Currently you can deliberately choose whether or not you want Crash/Forceclap (nobody does). It should be left that way. The notes are confusing and unclear.

Edited by Genocidalx

They're gone now, the new visual is just to make it more apparent for people when they are snared by a charge and whatnot :)

Not according to the (latest) patch notes and everything I copied, pasted, color-emphasized and highlighted.

Did you not read it?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363056

Link to latest Patch notes, Crash is gone man. Always check the Test Forums before that link you posted. The Test Center forums get updated first.

Yes, but I still don't know which to trust. These notes are 4 days old. Why aren't they updated yet? They're not as old as the alleged removal of the abilities.

But yes, thank you for the helpful response.

Edited by Genocidalx

Yes, but I still don't know which to trust. These notes are 4 days old. Why aren't they updated yet? They're not as old as the alleged removal of the abilities.

But yes, thank you for the helpful response.

I have a toon sitting at 10, on the PTS I can assure you it's gone. :)

Thank you. I love you.

Ya know...it's not too hard to level a toon to 10 on the test forum...

...You could try it yourself and get those answers yourself. Call me independently minded, but I prefer that approach

Ya know...it's not too hard to level a toon to 10 on the test forum...

...You could try it yourself and get those answers yourself. Call me independently minded, but I prefer that approach

I prefer notes that are clear and uniform, especially from a major company. These channels of communication are at best unreliable and confusing. Two "official" sets of notes each saying something different, neither very clear.

Call yourself whatever makes you feel better. If you want to go roll a toon to 10 in order to decipher their notes, more power to you. I'm not inclined to do so - nor should I need to be. Your suggestion makes no sense.

Edited by Genocidalx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.