Resolve values for different CC effects

Kaarsa

No, the scenario is absolutely possible. There's a CC from stealth that incapacitates for 11s or so - see the first post for results. While it's white, it drains at 100 per second. See the first post for results. By the time the CC is finished, you have ~400, maybe, maybe 600 resolve left. See the first post for results.

Is it always plausible? No, but it's certainly possible.

Maybe you aren't sure how the system works?

I'm guessing as useful as posting "fact" without all the relevant details - see above if you aren't sure what that is.

Again, if you save your breaker for when your resolve is white you gain CC immunity. If you get hit with tranq and immediately use your breaker you gain 15 seconds of immunity. Obviously there is no point in eating a tranq since it automatically grants immunity.

Edited by Darth_Philar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Added force lift and some testing about this skill when talented - breaking it with other CC abilities with damage components do not grant 2 sec stun from talent. It looks like CC component (at least on force wave and force stun) takes place before damage component on those skills.

Again, if you save your breaker for when your resolve is white you gain CC immunity. If you get hit with tranq and immediately use your breaker you gain 15 seconds of immunity. Obviously there is no point in eating a tranq since it automatically grants immunity.

I can't think of any situation, ever, where I'd blow my CC breaker trying to get back to my team because a stealth CCs me.

"Hey guys, I used my CC breaker so I could get back here just in time to be CCed again!"

If a team is trying to lock you out of the fight, a good team won't wait until you're there to keep you from it.

I can't think of any situation, ever, where I'd blow my CC breaker trying to get back to my team because a stealth CCs me.

"Hey guys, I used my CC breaker so I could get back here just in time to be CCed again!"

If a team is trying to lock you out of the fight, a good team won't wait until you're there to keep you from it.

Now we are discussing a group dynamic instead of a 1v1 situation, correct? In that case your group bears responsibility for you while you are CCd and your Break/not Break decision is based on your teamspeak conversation. In the particular situation you described, if you are important to the team dynamic (healer or tank) then they should be moving to you not the other way around. If you are not important to the team dynamic (dps) and they choose not to move to you, then you are not going to be a target for lockdown while in transit. If they do decide to blow a CC on you, you can break it, gain your 15 seconds of immunity and race back to your team. The fact that your breaker will be on CD is now irrelevant because in the group you are no longer a priority target and your team has a purge available.

• 3 months later...