Running away from OW PvP

lordkhouri

Now this is on a PvP server, so I'd assume that's what people are looking for... but why would someone run away?
Just because someone is on a PvP server doesn't mean that they are always looking for PvP.

Personally, I generally stand and fight when attacked. If, after a few attacks, it looks hopeless (I am 30 and being attacked by two level 50s), I may try to escape. Or I may just accept the inevitable and respawn at the medical centre.

Since there is no penalty for dying, beyond possibly having to run back from the medical droid, I will usually fight, even when overmatched.

However, there have been occasions where I have tried to escape immediately:

- if I am on the third stage of a timed quest which will reset back to the beginning if I die

- I am trying to get into the Temple of Healing on Voss to cash in a quest and have already been killed 4 times attempting it. If I stand and fight, I'll just end up respawning at the medical droid and then immediately attacked again. However, it is worth noting that the ToH seems relatively unique in the galaxy in that there are almost always enemies standing outside at all times of the day.

Question: Does the Empire have a roster for people to sign up to patrol the Temple of Healing at particular times in order to keep up a 24-hour-a-day presence there? I always see Empire players there, but rarely Republic ones.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic