Something just occurred to me; I am iffy on a major class mechanic

Nydar

Our pistols, for a Powertech, they're basically stat sticks, right? I mean my main attacks are rocket punch, flame burst, and rail shot, neither require my weapon, so basically I could be using a level 20 barrel so long as it had expertise and crit on it, and I'd notice very little difference, ya? I mean the only time I use my pistol is if i am over heated or am closing from range.

Or do those abilities still work off of the pistol as if i were firing it to use them?

Our pistols, for a Powertech, they're basically stat sticks, right? I mean my main attacks are rocket punch, flame burst, and rail shot, neither require my weapon, so basically I could be using a level 20 barrel so long as it had expertise and crit on it, and I'd notice very little difference, ya? I mean the only time I use my pistol is if i am over heated or am closing from range.

Or do those abilities still work off of the pistol as if i were firing it to use them?

Your pistols effect anything with "Weapon damage". Such as Rail Shot, Unload, Rapid Shots.

So keep your barrels maxed...

Got a champ pistol atm, 10 more levels until I can access BM stuff, can't hardly wait.

Off topic a good bit here, but didn't they say they wanted all DPS to perform within 5 points of each other, why does AP perform so much worse than Pyro in that regard?

also, what're your thoughts on heat management post 1.2.

Got a champ pistol atm, 10 more levels until I can access BM stuff, can't hardly wait.

Off topic a good bit here, but didn't they say they wanted all DPS to perform within 5 points of each other, why does AP perform so much worse than Pyro in that regard?

also, what're your thoughts on heat management post 1.2.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is a very good chance you wont be hitting BM before 1.2 if you are 10 lvls away, let alone get 3 tokens for the pistol. The good news is that the champ pistol is just as good as the BM one.

Heat management in 1.2 for PvE wont be much of an issue. PvPwise, I am guessing it's gona sting.

I play alot, and 1.2 isn't until what, the end of the month? I am 53 now, I'll be 65 in a a week maybe a bit more. didn't they reduce the damage of flame burst but took it off of GCD and it will vent heat post 1.2? If that's the case I don't understand how heat management will be too much worse. Edited by Nydar

I play alot, and 1.2 isn't until what, the end of the month? I am 53 now, I'll be 65 in a a week maybe a bit more. didn't they reduce the damage of flame burst but took it off of GCD and it will vent heat post 1.2? If that's the case I don't understand how heat management will be too much worse.

no, heat BLAST will be off the GCD and have its damage reduced by about 15%.

As far as powertechs are concerned,, the only potential "nerf" to heat management involves pyros who relied on free rail shots (on a burning target) to vent heat. The 6 second internal cool down on resetting railshot means less railshots = more heat.

I play alot, and 1.2 isn't until what, the end of the month? I am 53 now, I'll be 65 in a a week maybe a bit more. didn't they reduce the damage of flame burst but took it off of GCD and it will vent heat post 1.2? If that's the case I don't understand how heat management will be too much worse.

it can be as soon as tomarrow, they said early april

it can be as soon as tomarrow, they said early april

They said no patch tomorrow. The 10th or 17th is most likely.

All abilities (damage and healing) benefit from your weapon. The higher the barrel, the more ranged damage (i.e. pistol shots, Rail Shot damage, Unload damage, etc) you deal as well as Tech damage (higher level barrels add more Tech Power).

Always keep every single item of gear up to date. Do not skimp on anything else you will notice that you're getting your butt kicked in every aspect of the game.

Edited by Mapex

One of the stats on the pistol is tech power. That impacts damage by all tech abilities. So even for those, you want the highest level barrel you can get your hands on.

You play a lot but you dont know the difference between Heat Blast and Flame burst. I dont know what qualifies as playing alot, but 2-3 a day will not likely get you from 53 to 65 in a week. Still, even if you do, there are many people 65+, myself included, who still dont have a full set of BM. And I consider myself lucky inter terms of BM tokens.

Heat management is and always will be an issue for the Pyro tree. No one else mentions heat management when referring to other trees. The concern with Pyro is how the 6sec on PPA will effect Pyro's rotation when 1.2 is live. My concern however is that I completely enjoyed the gamble and fun factor of the RNG of PPA, and that for sure is completely destroyed. If they just wanted to control Pyro's occasional high burst, they could have done it is so many different ways.

You play a lot but you dont know the difference between Heat Blast and Flame burst. I dont know what qualifies as playing alot, but 2-3 a day will not likely get you from 53 to 65 in a week. Still, even if you do, there are many people 65+, myself included, who still dont have a full set of BM. And I consider myself lucky inter terms of BM tokens.

Heat management is and always will be an issue for the Pyro tree. No one else mentions heat management when referring to other trees. The concern with Pyro is how the 6sec on PPA will effect Pyro's rotation when 1.2 is live. My concern however is that I completely enjoyed the gamble and fun factor of the RNG of PPA, and that for sure is completely destroyed. If they just wanted to control Pyro's occasional high burst, they could have done it is so many different ways.

Yeah, getting confused on ability names means exactly that. Dude, do me a favor.....you take yourself waaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously stop responding to me please, like in any thread ever, dudes like you are too much for me to deal with without ping ponging between pity and annoyance.

Edited by Nydar

Yeah, getting confused on ability names means exactly that. Dude, do me a favor.....you take yourself waaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously stop responding to me please, like in any thread ever, dudes like you are too much for me to deal with without ping ponging between pity and annoyance.

Stop with the BS. You were not confused with the names, you were confused with the abilities themselves. You were talking about DPS PT, asking about difference between AP and Pyro, then asked about heat management. Heat Blast has nothing to do with either dps trees. Also it ALWAYS vented heat, not just in 1.2, again showing that you were definitely thinking of Flame burst.

And no, I do not take myself waaayyyy too seriously, I take others seriously though, especially if they start a thread with a wrong concept and/or ask for advice. It's called curtsey not being an annoyance. I was trying to help you out and letting you know that 1.2 will make it much easier to get your BM then what you are trying to do now, and pretty sure you wont accomplish. I will still continue to give you advice and tell you that your time right now is better spent on PvP gear and doing dailies to get as much credits as you can for 1.2

Since the image of you "ping-ponging" in any context is quite entertaining, I will continue to respond to any of your posts if I feel it necessary. Until then good luck to you.

Stop with the BS. You were not confused with the names, you were confused with the abilities themselves. You were talking about DPS PT, asking about difference between AP and Pyro, then asked about heat management. Heat Blast has nothing to do with either dps trees. Also it ALWAYS vented heat, not just in 1.2, again showing that you were definitely thinking of Flame burst.

And no, I do not take myself waaayyyy too seriously, I take others seriously though, especially if they start a thread with a wrong concept and/or ask for advice. It's called curtsey not being an annoyance. I was trying to help you out and letting you know that 1.2 will make it much easier to get your BM then what you are trying to do now, and pretty sure you wont accomplish. I will still continue to give you advice and tell you that your time right now is better spent on PvP gear and doing dailies to get as much credits as you can for 1.2

Since the image of you "ping-ponging" in any context is quite entertaining, I will continue to respond to any of your posts if I feel it necessary. Until then good luck to you.

You keep proving my assessment correct, keep posting I guess. And yes, the names of the two abilities are completely different right, like nothing similar? And since I've never taken SS that high it couldn't be that it is out of sight out of mind, right?? Seriously.....................

Edited by Nydar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.