Yellow name tag on players?

Ubernooby

I've seen 2 people on Ilum with yellow name tags, one Pub and one Imp.

These were most definitely players, not NPCs (NPC's don't have guilds and don't ride around on speeders). :)

I've been asking around on my server and nobody seems to know for certain:

It was suggested that it is a glitch, an exploit, a new neutral faction (how the heck can you be neutral?) or some Bioware employees on test runs.

Does anybody know for sure what the yellow name tag means? (and can you gank someone with a yellow tag) :D

It means they are flagged for PvP.

If you flag yourself, their name will turn red.

... didn't he say yellow?

And idk OP... I'm subscribing because now I'm curious, I've never seen the yellow tag.

It means they are flagged for PvP.

If you flag yourself, their name will turn red.

Thanks, I'll try that - but I still don't get it.

I'm always green when I'm flagged for pvp (either automatically from Ilum or when I do it myself).

Except for those two guys, I've never seen yellow before - weird.

... didn't he say yellow?

And idk OP... I'm subscribing because now I'm curious, I've never seen the yellow tag.

If the other player is flagged for PvP and of the opposing faction, and you are not, their name will appear yellow and a targeting reticule will (or should) appear.

Edited by terminova

Yes, green is the PvP flag but it may appear a different color for someone who is color blind. As for the yellow name, I don't know because I've only seen yellow text (not counting chat, obviously) for class (in the tooltip when I hover over another player) and non-aggroing mobs.

I should add that I run with names off and the one time I tried out PvP, I wasn't really paying attention to the name but it may have been yellow.

Edited by KurganNazzir

If you are NOT flagged for PVP you will see enemy players in yellow if they are flagged for PVP. You can attack these players but they can't attack you until you attack them.

If you ARE flagged for pvp you will see enemy players in red if they are flagged for PVP. These players can attack you without waiting for you to attack them.

You will only see yellow players outside PVP zones and only if they are flagged for PVP.

If you are NOT flagged for PVP you will see enemy players in yellow if they are flagged for PVP. You can attack these players but they can't attack you until you attack them.

If you ARE flagged for pvp you will see enemy players in red if they are flagged for PVP. These players can attack you without waiting for you to attack them.

You will only see yellow players outside PVP zones and only if they are flagged for PVP.

Ah, that's why I've never seen yellow, I'm always flagged for pvp.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, it can actually be quite annoying at time when your trying to do PvE quests and guys with yellows tags starts jumping around the people you are fighting to make it to where they can fight you. Especially if they gang up on you like today, I had 2 lvl 50 jugs doing exactly what I just said and my particular character was only lvl 29. I would have been happy to fight them as my jedi knight but they never seem to show up when we are evenly matched.

I also had one guy with a yellow tag come up and start healing the NPC i was fighting. He was lvl 55 sorcerer and I was lvl 27 bounty hunter. These guys really must have nothing better to do when they get that high in lvl.

• 2 years later...
Its pretty cool is I was on my sith character but sometime I would rarely see this but other player on the empre side would have their name turn yellow, its happened in front of the academy on korriban where two guys where dualing then suddenly the npcs started attacking the guy randomly when he got a yellow name take happend a while back hope they fixed that bug.

Same-faction players flagged for PvP will appear in green.

If you aren't flagged, enemy-faction players will have yellow nameplates. Once you attack them, they can attack back.

If you are flagged for PvP, enemy-faction players will have red nameplates, and either one of you can shoot first.

Same-faction players flagged for PvP will appear in green.

If you aren't flagged, enemy-faction players will have yellow nameplates. Once you attack them, they can attack back.

If you are flagged for PvP, enemy-faction players will have red nameplates, and either one of you can shoot first.

If those people from 2012 haven't figured it out yet, they're never going to.

Edited by PLynkes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.