The fabled transfer.

VyperStars

SO I know we were told Late April for this transfer. I would be kind of disappointed if you released 1.2 without contemplating what will happen with all these transfer players.

So my question is will the server transfer happen before 1.2 or not? .....

I am under the impression you will not answer this question and will just shove it off as one of those cut and paste responses.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can answer that...

No, server transfers will not be offered before 1.2

edit -- ah, as the poster below said... the transfers they are talking about for late april are for the asian servers.

They are working on being able to offer transfers for everyone else and will let us know when it's ready... they have said no date yet.

Edited by OmegaMayhem

I would like to know where everyone is getting that BW said Server Transfers would be in April (for everyone). All I have seen from BW is Asia/Pacific players will get Server Transfers in April. Europe and NA will come at a later date.

I would like to know where everyone is getting that BW said Server Transfers would be in April (for everyone). All I have seen from BW is Asia/Pacific players will get Server Transfers in April. Europe and NA will come at a later date.

'cause that's how the Internet works. "We're looking into adding this feature, but we're working out the details and don't have an ETA" gets turned into "Bioware said it would be available next patch."

(And it's not specific to Bioware or SWTOR).

Who knows... they may just want to release 1.2 and then see if people come back, or more people pick up subs for the game. Then decide about transfers.

o yeah so now only new players are important ?? i can tell you one thing..

if ppl on dead servers wont get a free transfer to another PLAYABLE server or there aint gonna be a server merge. they will all quit cause they wont have anything to do in patch 1.2 cause for this simply reason there are no players.. so you cant clear new conent or play warzones cause they end in 120 seconds.

people on high populated servers clearing everything and having lots of fun while other ppl on low populated servers dont see the point of waiting for new players that can play with them and will probably quit 1 or 2 weeks after patch 1.2 has been released.

If we don't get transfers soon, I'm done, At least until they come.

I just checked in on the server where my 2 50s are and at 6pm there is 7 people on fleet.

Legacy or not I cannot run end game content anymore due to everyone leaving for another server or quitting due to low population.

I could re roll somewhere else but I don't wanna do that. I have a lot invested in legacy levels and multiple alts on said server.

I'm not sure bioware is understanding that people are leaving in droves due to low pop.

Server merges or Server transfers are needed, and needed now.

I don't know how many people will say this or cancel there accounts before they get the damn picture.

Don't make me quit a game I love. Legacy is good and all but your main problem is with people on dead servers. Bioware, do something about it!

... I have a lot invested in legacy levels...

That seems to be the killer and people don't seem to understand that when they say just re-roll on another server. It seems a bit of an odd situation that people are forced to quit the game or start all over and fall far behind everyone ells for a signature feature that's not even active yet.

Good to see I was right about them not answering this topic... Which in tail makes me believe they will just ignore the "Asia/pacific" transfer players until after 1.2...

Which could se more people leaving because they just don't care anymore..

I have a Legacy 18 and a Legacy 11... 2 different servers.... One of these means nothing...

Way too much time invested in this game... My accounts runs out in 3 days and I'm not sure if I should renew it or just quit this game altogether and go to Diablo... Yeah it's a month away but so are these transfers....

I see marketing division likes to shoot themselves in the foot..

Good to see I was right about them not answering this topic...

They already answered it, a long time ago. They said they are shooting for late April transfers on to the Oceanic servers and the general servers sometime after that.

If they spent their time answering every ignorant poster they would never have time for anything else.

The information you want is already out there. Put in a little effort and you can find it.

Edited by Sandriell

They already answered it, a long time ago. They said they are shooting for late April transfers on to the Oceanic servers and the general servers sometime after that.

If they spent their time answering every ignorant poster they would never have time for anything else.

The information you want is already out there. Put in a little effort and you can find it.

.....I want to know if the Transfers will be before the release of 1.2. They have not stated anywhere that this will be the case. Thanks for your ignorance.

With people like you around Customer support probably believes their job is done.

.....I want to know if the Transfers will be before the release of 1.2. They have not stated anywhere that this will be the case. Thanks for your ignorance.

With people like you around Customer support probably believes their job is done.

The answer to that is self explanatory... but I'll go ahead and spell it out for you.

1.2 - Currently aimed for EARLY April.

Oceanic Transfers - Currently aimed for LATE April.

General Transfers - Sometime after LATE April.

The answer to that is self explanatory... but I'll go ahead and spell it out for you.

1.2 - Currently aimed for EARLY April.

Oceanic Transfers - Currently aimed for LATE April.

General Transfers - Sometime after LATE April.

And where do your time frames come from? .....

Where did you hear Early April for 1.2? Making up stuff does not make you right.

And where do your time frames come from? .....

Where did you hear Early April for 1.2? Making up stuff does not make you right.

The Guild Summit.

Beyond that, sorry, but i'm not going to track down all the dev posts about it for you.

Why are they putting server transfers up on Asian servers first? Sounds like the dumbest decision ever. If they won't release it world-wide at the same time, they should at least test them on their HQs server areas, not half across the planet >.<

The Guild Summit.

Beyond that, sorry, but i'm not going to track down all the dev posts about it for you.

"There has not been an announcement as to the specific release date of 1.2.

We encourage you to keep watching our official channels for future announcements about this.

Thank you for your interest!"

A customer service droid posted that to me on my customer support forum post...

So that throws your "info" out the window... Even though he did respond with this it still does not answer my question.... With no clarity on whether transfers for Oceanic players will be available before the release of 1.2.

You assume I've done no research..... I'm trying to decide whether to quit this game or not... I've looked at everything including the amount of time I have actually officially wasted due to this "Legacy" system.

Maybe you should do some research before you shut people down so blatantly.

I lolled.. the east area is where the servers are better balanced in population, the mess is here in europe or in U.S.A... where there are over 9000 thousend servers and 10 pleyers... and they started from there to do transfer? BIOWARE MAXIMUM TROLLING! Edited by DarthToRa

I lolled.. the east area is where the servers are better balanced in population, the mess is here in europe or in U.S.A... where there are over 9000 thousend servers and 10 pleyers... and they started from there to do transfer? BIOWARE MAXIMUM TROLLING!

They are starting with Asia pacific servers due to the fact the game was released 3 months later here. Some people already worked around the standard methods of obtaining the game before it was released in our country.

Yes Bioware has been trolling Australia months before they trolled the US. If you want to make a MMO you should be on worldwide release to keep it fair.

But what would any of you guys know you live in "America" where everything is perfect.

But what would any of you guys know you live in "America" where everything is perfect.

When he says "here in Europe" I suspect he means that he is, surprisingly, living in Europe. I know, shocking right?

"There has not been an announcement as to the specific release date of 1.2.

We encourage you to keep watching our official channels for future announcements about this.

Thank you for your interest!"

A customer service droid posted that to me on my customer support forum post...

So that throws your "info" out the window... Even though he did respond with this it still does not answer my question.... With no clarity on whether transfers for Oceanic players will be available before the release of 1.2.

Try reading that again mate. CSR said "specific release date", early April is not a "specific release date", it's a broad window that probably covers anything up to the middle of April.

I'd say that it's a fairly safe bet that 1.2 will hit live before the Asia/Pacific server transfers. Mainly because they've already released 1.2 onto PTS, while they still haven't released any sort of information on the transfer situation. I think 1.2 is certainly their priority now, I mean look at the guild summit - it was basically "let's talk about 1.2".