ATTENTION ALL 2MIL SUBS spread out across the servers

ubergeekzilla

this game has 2 million subs.....but some of the servers are dying because there are so many servers.....as a member of the infinity server i plead to all of you to come to servers like inifinity gate or other light servers. servers like the fatman are extremly overpopulated and we really hope that the subs can spread across the servers a bit.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if the servers were averaged, well. You've got something like 250 servers. 1,000,000 divided by 250 is ... 4,000.

I don't even think the servers can hold that many people, which kind of confuses me. ... Oh, and I used 1,000,000 instead of 2,000,000. So that means if Bioware equalized it we'd have 8,000 players per server (if every server had an equal population.).

Why am I trying to do math? I'm dyscalculic (think dyslexia with numbers), I'm starting to confuse myself and also this is the worst way to average anything ever (as in it's incredibly inaccurate.).

Davik's Estate (PVP server) Could really use Republic players. I keep getting the impression they are quitting, becoming Imps or just moving. We could really use the help!

Imps actually have more fun quests than Reps :D.

If only the Trooper was as ****** as the Bounty Hunter :<.

MMOs always have these issues:

1. Initially there's a huge influx of players trying the new MMO. There are massive servers queues, lags and drama.

--> Developer hectically scrambles to add more servers for people to play on.

2. After the initial ~2 months, interest fades and a large % of the player-base move on. This is normal for any modern MMO. The Problem is however...

--> Developer has spread the population across too many servers.

3. Players start migrating from "dead" servers to "active" servers in hopes of a better play-experience. Others quit the game rather than reroll.

--> Developer is left with several "dead" servers and a migrating/quitting population.

4. Players rightfully call for server-merges, but these are technically challenging endevours.

Thats exactly what me and my friend are saying right now. I'm on Krayt Dragon there are 88 people on and that number never goes over 100 and thats on the fleet. No one can run or do anything. I have been trying to do HM's and ops with just spamming general and with my guild and haven't run one since I got to 50 a few weeks ago. Also I can't even find a group for Esseles the very first FP and you can't find a group for it. Lower the number of servers. we don't need like 88 servers not including all the Europe and Asia Pacific servers. I want to actually do something on my game other then just sit here waiting for something that isn't coming!

this game has 2 million subs.....but some of the servers are dying because there are so many servers.....as a member of the infinity server i plead to all of you to come to servers like inifinity gate or other light servers. servers like the fatman are extremly overpopulated and we really hope that the subs can spread across the servers a bit.

I know that is might seem rather harsh, but I truly believe it might be better if the people on lowly populated server moved into the highly populated ones.

It would require the lesser number of people to move and it would prevent any population problems that might occur in the future.

It should be made by either server merges of the low population servers or by free character transfers to some of them.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Good laugh you gave me sir :)

Thanks

ive sunk like 100 hours im not gonna move to s diffrent server now....i wish that some of the people on fatman would migrate over here

So basically you're saying ''i wont move you guys move here cos i spent hours on my toon'' ?????

Gz you dont think others spent hours on their toons... thats why i rerolled and started community own merge in my signature its working great

Spread the word!

Basicly OP does have a point, population is spread to much, this needs to be adressed imo. My server has 20-40 people on fleet in prime time, making it a low populated server. Ive tried rerolling on a heavy server, and see a huge increase of population number (think 150 or more in the starter area) but i just can't start all over again, i just won't. As for people moving to low populated servers: not going to happen, probably for the same reason as me. ( And there moving to a almost dead server.)

I'm waiting for 1.2 hoping for a return of some players, but if the population isnt going to rise, ill think ill rather unsub and leave then level a new toon :(

Basicly OP does have a point, population is spread to much, this needs to be adressed imo. My server has 20-40 people on fleet in prime time, making it a low populated server. Ive tried rerolling on a heavy server, and see a huge increase of population number (think 150 or more in the starter area) but i just can't start all over again, i just won't. As for people moving to low populated servers: not going to happen, probably for the same reason as me. ( And there moving to a almost dead server.)

I'm waiting for 1.2 hoping for a return of some players, but if the population isnt going to rise, ill think ill rather unsub and leave then level a new toon :(

It just means you dont want to play game enough to reroll..

Thats all i read in your post.

You are willing to do NOTHING to fix your problem and are expecting others to fix it for you some of us fixed it ourselves having a great time... it takes 2 weeks to be HM geared lvl 50 so dont be slacker

It just means you dont want to play game enough to reroll..

Thats all i read in your post.

You are willing to do NOTHING to fix your problem and are expecting others to fix it for you some of us fixed it ourselves having a great time... it takes 2 weeks to be HM geared lvl 50 so dont be slacker

Read, then post. First sentance i wrote is that i agree with the population being spread to thin. Last sentance that i dont think people will reroll on low populated servers.

Also i tried rerolling, so i did try. Leveling to 50 and gearing up could take 2 weeks, IF you have absolutely nothing else in your life. Luckily i do have, therefor it took me almost 2 months to level, and get HM geared. Because i can't play 24/7 due to work, familily, kids and other hobby's that dont envolve computerscreens.

Its says nowhere that im expecting others to solve my problem, other then Bioware.

(again, first sentance, second part)

Try again.

MMOs always have these issues:

1. Initially there's a huge influx of players trying the new MMO. There are massive servers queues, lags and drama.

--> Developer hectically scrambles to add more servers for people to play on.

2. After the initial ~2 months, interest fades and a large % of the player-base move on. This is normal for any modern MMO. The Problem is however...

--> Developer has spread the population across too many servers.

3. Players start migrating from "dead" servers to "active" servers in hopes of a better play-experience. Others quit the game rather than reroll.

--> Developer is left with several "dead" servers and a migrating/quitting population.

4. Players rightfully call for server-merges, but these are technically challenging endevours.

All true & all recognised behaviour patterns.

And yet BioWare had no contingency plans in place to deal with this, and this will definitely have cost them in cold hard cash as players quit the game altogether rather than reroll to another server, because the populations on so many servers has gone into freefall & in some cases bottomed-out leaving them with a single-player experience they did not subscribe for.

I've 8 chars on one server a 50 & 7 at 30+, level 36 Legacy, so I can totally relate to not wanting to leave all that playtime to rot while I go to a more populated server to play - which I have temporarily while waiting for server transfer/merge/more char slots on servers, I had high hopes for this game & bought the CE off the back of my late-beta/early access impressions, I had no idea that the endgame would be so bereft of content, and that what existed would be so mind-numbingly buggy & poorly executed, learning to beat content mechanics is one thing - being forced to also learn to play around the bugs & RNG'ness of events is a whole other barrel of crap.

I know the game is leaning towards playing alts, but by the 2nd or 3rd level 50 most have had a stomach full of the levelling content, the class-storylines only mitigate the boredom of grinding PvP wz's or PvE quests, each successive character is more & more boring to play through the exact same sequence of worlds & each time there are fewer players to do it with. BioWare are gambling on alt-play but it's a bad gamble, only a small niche want to replay all the same worlds over & over & over & over - and they are all spread out now.

EDIT: I think that the server populations were too low in the first place, hence why they dropped below "critical mass" so fast.

Edited by SkuzBukit

Read, then post. First sentance i wrote is that i agree with the population being spread to thin. Last sentance that i dont think people will reroll on low populated servers.

Also i tried rerolling, so i did try. Leveling to 50 and gearing up could take 2 weeks, IF you have absolutely nothing else in your life. Luckily i do have, therefor it took me almost 2 months to level, and get HM geared. Because i can't play 24/7 due to work, familily, kids and other hobby's that dont envolve computerscreens.

Its says nowhere that im expecting others to solve my problem, other then Bioware.

(again, first sentance, second part)

Try again.

So you will instead complain for 2 months instead of lvl another toon?

my words still hold you are too ''lazy'' to fix your ''problem'' that many of us dont encounter and you have ALL THE OPTIONS available to fix it yourself you just refuse to simple as that

All true & all recognised behaviour patterns.

And yet BioWare had no contingency plans in place to deal with this, and this will definitely have cost them in cold hard cash as players quit the game altogether rather than reroll to another server, because the populations on so many servers has gone into freefall & in some cases bottomed-out leaving them with a single-player experience they did not subscribe for.

I've 8 chars on one server a 50 & 7 at 30+, level 36 Legacy, so I can totally relate to not wanting to leave all that playtime to rot while I go to a more populated server to play - which I have temporarily while waiting for server transfer/merge/more char slots on servers, I had high hopes for this game & bought the CE off the back of my late-beta/early access impressions, I had no idea that the endgame would be so bereft of content, and that what existed would be so mind-numbingly buggy & poorly executed, learning to beat content mechanics is one thing - being forced to also learn to play around the bugs & RNG'ness of events is a whole other barrel of crap.

I know the game is leaning towards playing alts, but by the 2nd or 3rd level 50 most have had a stomach full of the levelling content, the class-storylines only mitigate the boredom of grinding PvP wz's or PvE quests, each successive character is more & more boring to play through the exact same sequence of worlds & each time there are fewer players to do it with. BioWare are gambling on alt-play but it's a bad gamble, only a small niche want to replay all the same worlds over & over & over & over - and they are all spread out now.

EDIT: I think that the server populations were too low in the first place, hence why they dropped below "critical mass" so fast.

Well im sorry to be ''evil'' but it is really your own fault for ''playing to death'' on 1 server and not thinking rationally at all...

Everyone who has more than 2 brain cells KNOWS that MMOs take a couple of months to settle down... thats why smart players will only lvl 1 char(and 1 alt) on server and see what happens in 2-5 months.

You grounded yourself now you either reroll and loose all or you loose all anyway or well hope for transfers sooner than in 6 months

my words still hold you are too ''lazy'' to fix your ''problem'' that many of us dont encounter and you have ALL THE OPTIONS available to fix it yourself you just refuse to simple as that

Who's complaining? Track my post history, im not. I'm loving the game, play any time i can. I would just like to see some increase in population. (think merge?)

Nice you put out "that many of us dont encounter"

Im assuming here that you play on a more populated server?

And again, its not a option for me to reroll. Because i choose not to, it has nothing to do with lazy. Its easy to judge someone over the internet isnt it?

I understand your point, it is pure logic, but lay off on the proselytising & show at least some compassion, people become invested in their characters - in their development of them, it's not so easy to just drop it all & reroll as you seem to think, maybe it was easy for you, maybe you already got over that hump, but give a thought for those that actually find that difficult to do instead of berating them about being lazy.

Encouragement is better than punishment, convincing people to move is about reassuring them & explaining how much more fun it is rather than beating over the head for their reticence - otherwise you end up as a broken record.

Who's complaining? Track my post history, im not. I'm loving the game, play any time i can. I would just like to see some increase in population. (think merge?)

Nice you put out "that many of us dont encounter"

Im assuming here that you play on a more populated server?

And again, its not a option for me to reroll. Because i choose not to, it has nothing to do with lazy. Its easy to judge someone over the internet isnt it?

Yes I am playing on 2nd highest populated server in Europe The Red Eclipse (PvE) second only to PvP server called Tomb of Freedon Nadd

You want to know why because i rerolled and left my 50 who will wait for me when server transfer is available.

I understand your point, it is pure logic, but lay off on the proselytising & show at least some compassion, people become invested in their characters - in their development of them, it's not so easy to just drop it all & reroll as you seem to think, maybe it was easy for you, maybe you already got over that hump, but give a thought for those that actually find that difficult to do instead of berating them about being lazy.

Encouragement is better than punishment, convincing people to move is about reassuring them & explaining how much more fun it is rather than beating over the head for their reticence - otherwise you end up as a broken record.

Heh.....

You know in my signature there is a ''project'' running that I ENCOURAGED AND STARTED and many people came over rerolled just like me and now we have constant Heavy+ server that we play on with 200+ people on EITHER fleets... 60+ on starting areas and 100+ on Corruscant and Dromund Kaas

Noone complains on that server anyway everyone happy to lvl despite having other 50s

Some peopel had sense and took the offer some rather ''complain'' or stick their head on that server with no future.

Good luck there we are having a blast

I actually took a break. Came back and picked the highest possible server when it comes to population. In hopes of maybe being able to enjoy the game a bit more.

I really want SWTOR to do well. :/

Yes I am playing on 2nd highest populated server in Europe The Red Eclipse (PvE) second only to PvP server called Tomb of Freedon Nadd

You want to know why because i rerolled and left my 50 who will wait for me when server transfer is available.

Well, good for you. I actually selected that very server, and it has a good population, only little thing that cought my attention was the complaining about rerolling and the wow debats though. :) I must admit, i didn't level past level 12.

Still doesnt make me wanna reroll. I'll keep playing like i do now (probably) and wait what future brings. Hopefully transfers and or merge's.