Jedi sage dps in pvp

Sinladin

Hey guys, I have been playing a jedi sage now for a cople of weeks, and I just wanted to show how I do pvp as a dps specced jedi sage. It took me some time to really get comfortable with the Jedi Sage as a damage dealer in pvp, but I found a nice talent spec, and have been pounding damage ever since.

So if anyone else have had trouble doing dmg in pvp, take a look at my vid:

This is of course before patch 1.2 comes out, but for people who still need/want Battlemaster or War Hero titles, just try it out.

Any comments on how to become a better dps sage are highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Sin

I will keep playing Jedi sage, and find a way to utilize the new talent tree into great damage. Will post a new video when the time is right ;)

I really like the sage class, and if it is nerfed beyond repair I will just go healing instead.. Refuse to give up on the class :D

I will keep playing Jedi sage, and find a way to utilize the new talent tree into great damage. Will post a new video when the time is right ;)

I really like the sage class, and if it is nerfed beyond repair I will just go healing instead.. Refuse to give up on the class :D

Healing gets destroyed, too. 1.2 will be not much fun as sage, so reroll as long as you can.

This http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5997/screenshot2012032313353.jpg

Is going to end up like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3fd-v3DYT7U with 1.2

Edited by Karenai

Healing gets destroyed, too. 1.2 will be not much fun as sage, so reroll as long as you can.
You know what rerolling means? It means resetting stats. It's old rpg-term when you reset your stats and hope to get more points to use. It's used nowadays for resetting a char so you can re-level him.

It's not making a new char.. :) Just had to correct sorry.

In swtor, rerolling is a skill reset.

Edited by shagatha

You know what rerolling means? It means resetting stats. It's old rpg-term when you reset your stats and hope to get more points to use. It's used nowadays for resetting a char so you can re-level him.

It's not making a new char.. :) Just had to correct sorry.

Yeah, like in getting a whole new set of skills, because you reroll your wisdom, dex and co.

Therefore a whole new char.

If you reroll during char creation, thats called cheating.

Edited by Karenai

I find this really sad that Bioware is nerfing a class this hard that was never op in the first place to at least my knowledge or on my server. I dont wanna give up my sage, ive been playing him since the 5 day preplay when the game came out. But its really discouraging, for someone who has been excited about the sage since they announced them, to now have to pick between a very slow moving dps spec or a healing spec where i have to kill myself to keep others up. I guess come 1.2 ill just have to see =/

I find this really sad that Bioware is nerfing a class this hard that was never op in the first place to at least my knowledge or on my server. I dont wanna give up my sage, ive been playing him since the 5 day preplay when the game came out. But its really discouraging, for someone who has been excited about the sage since they announced them, to now have to pick between a very slow moving dps spec or a healing spec where i have to kill myself to keep others up. I guess come 1.2 ill just have to see =/

How I am with you in this. I might leave the game with these nerfs.

come 1.2, roll a different class.

now what i see here is one of those idiots who stands still and literaly only casts his/her tele throw waiting for instant casts, its sad how many sorcs and sages i see doing this and i always top there dmg by over 200k and there equal if not better gear than me because im full BM healing gear, and i ALWAYS play for the objective to win the match so, no im not stacking dmg

Hey guys, I have been playing a jedi sage now for a cople of weeks, and I just wanted to show how I do pvp as a dps specced jedi sage. It took me some time to really get comfortable with the Jedi Sage as a damage dealer in pvp, but I found a nice talent spec, and have been pounding damage ever since.

So if anyone else have had trouble doing dmg in pvp, take a look at my vid:

This is of course before patch 1.2 comes out, but for people who still need/want Battlemaster or War Hero titles, just try it out.

Any comments on how to become a better dps sage are highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Sin

your spec isnt as good as it could be, i used to be this spec but i found an improvment: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hMbZccMMdMMZcMsRs0z.1

aswell, you need to be doting everyone andthing up for phycic projection proc, only reason besides tele wave i go in that tree, also i see you "turreting" alot, gotta move aroudn a bit more even if ur not being focused and use project on CD, if you time your pshycic projection proc and force in balance at the same time (or tele wave to replace fore in balance only on sorc though) with force potency poped, its wicked damage

im trying to understand why all of you are complaining about the sage dps nerfs, they realy arent that bad at all......my play style is constantly mvoing around and using telethrow when i no logner have instants up, i see to many sages and sorcs standing still to much, i swap back and forthfrom heals to dps ALOT, and no sorcs/sages EVER GIVE ME ANY TROUBLE, yet i can solo 80% of the sorcs/sage heals out there when im dps specced as the 7/17/17 as i before linked

so what im saying is, if you "turret" your terable, move around a bit more and relie more on instant casts and burst dmg, your doing it right, because i have tried to do what i see most sorcs/sage dps do, and i do 200k less dmg in a WZ and i am a objective player, not a dmg stacker

i am going to attempt to make a video or such to prove to you that the tele wave alteration for precense of midn, is not to bad

Edited by Nazzeus

im trying to understand why all of you are complaining about the sage dps nerfs, they realy arent that bad at all......my play style is constantly mvoing around and using telethrow when i no logner have instants up, i see to many sages and sorcs standing still to much, i swap back and forthfrom heals to dps ALOT, and no sorcs/sages EVER GIVE ME ANY TROUBLE, yet i can solo 80% of the sorcs/sage heals out there when im dps specced as the 7/17/17 as i before linked

so what im saying is, if you "turret" your terable, move around a bit more and relie more on instant casts and burst dmg, your doing it right, because i have tried to do what i see most sorcs/sage dps do, and i do 200k less dmg in a WZ and i am a objective player, not a dmg stacker

i am going to attempt to make a video or such to prove to you that the tele wave alteration for precense of midn, is not to bad

The 1.2 nerfs are horrible. Full Telekinecs is turret speck and really sucks on pvp because you cannot move and casting times are pretty long. Balance/Telekinetics hybrid is pretty much gone in 1.2 and healing is nerfed too.

Guarding objectives in really hard alone or targeted. You cannot hide, you are squishy and your damage bases on dots. Dots can be removed and they do not have time to kill the attacker in most 1vs1. Try to win any hide char when he/she attacks you in shadows, try to kite melee dps chars with charge. It is easy to kill any player with low pvp gear or generally bad players. There are lot of better classes for objective playing.

I have to say re-roll a different class in 1.2 or leave the game.

Edited by kenbenobi

So as a 33 hybrid balance/tk sage you're saying I should reroll with a different class altogether tomorrow. I've spent way too much of my limited gaming time getting this far. Is 1.2 really that bad on hybrid sages? That is depressing. Edited by BlackEyedDog

Im at the moment trying out different specs and will post a video of it by tomorrow. So far I find it difficult moving from my old pvp style to whatever I can do in a balance specc. But there will always be a way :p

So stay tuned, and keep coming with feedback as there is always room for improvement.

Pretty much no point in playing the squishest class when the heavy tank classes get better burst and more damage ouput than sage. Powertechs are even more overpowered with the increase to damage. You don't see high numbers for them because they pretty much 3-4 shot everything. Why would you give the class with the best armor/shield the highest burst damage output, and allow them to ignore armor? not to mention they still get to be a midrange fighter.

You all have valid points, but I wont give up on the sage.. In time things will even out.

Here is the new thread for the pvp specc in patch 1.2, be sure to bring your thoughts and opinions as it is probably many ways to become a better sage dps. And I am open for improvement ;)

Kind regards

Sin

What builds have you been trying?I've found http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600G0bZbczZfRbRsMkrc.1 to be quite OK.I putting out close to the damage I used to have in Hybrid,but you only have one AOE that does alot force inbalance that crits very good thanks to the seer tree 10% aoe increase.Still trying to find the next beast spec though this will do me for now:p

Anybody have any thoughts around a build with like 3/31/7 where your turbulence will auto crit, so you can stack surge rating through the roof? With the 3 in the seer tree and the 7 in the balance tree your disturbance will have a 9% better chance to crit, along with 6% dmg bonus and a 30% chance to cause another attack worth 30% of the damage off of disturbance. Plus disturbance can proc an auto telekinetic wave that also has a 30% of firing off another one at 30%. Not to mention the 50% crit bonus from reverbration on weaken mind, tw, and turbulence, and turbulence auto critting on weaken mind targets.

It just seems in that build, by stacking alacrity and surge rating you could put up some scary dmg numbers and not be as immobile as some people think. This also removes people from the TT spam and puts more importance on critting and surge instead of spam an dots.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600hZbcrMdRrhtzZcM0M.1

EDIT: Added link

Edited by Simmerr