Your Opinion: Worst PvP Class/Spec

NDiggy

Im pretty sure he was refering soley to Huttball.

Marauders have 2 charges at most. Commandoes have 2 knockbacks, 1 on a 9 second coold down, the other on a 20 second cool down.

I know when Ive played my commando on the ramps in hutball, its insanely easy to control the ramps. Any marauders wanting to cash in on being awesome, will find himself promptly relocated to the pit. Commandos dont need to kill you, you are being punished with downtime.

Yes this was exactly what i was trying to get across, and its ten times worse on my operative/scoundrel.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Just no... If any marauder loses to any tracer missile spammer on relatively equal playing fields (gear wise), it's a terrible, terrible, terrible marauder...

Im usually top damage on both my merc and my marauder. I can tell you that IF he is a true tracer spammer (more than 3 tracers consecutively), then he will be destroyed with out a doubt. But any decent merc can take down a marauder if skilled enough (although honestly, if its like alderaan, the merc will have a much much tougher time).

Again, mercs have the ability to instant cast heal, root with both their knock back AND unload, stun, and cc.

Im usually top damage on both my merc and my marauder. I can tell you that IF he is a true tracer spammer (more than 3 tracers consecutively), then he will be destroyed with out a doubt. But any decent merc can take down a marauder if skilled enough (although honestly, if its like alderaan, the merc will have a much much tougher time).

Again, mercs have the ability to instant cast heal, root with both their knock back AND unload, stun, and cc.

If a Marauder and a Merc are both the same skill, the Marauder will win. You have to know this.

a decent merc will get out of the los so you cant charge back, and what if force camo is on a cool down?

Force Camo is a 45 second skill that I use to interrupt, counter KBs, or escape. If I'm tackling a Merc on the ramps, it's not on CD.

If a Marauder and a Merc are both the same skill, the Marauder will win. You have to know this.

in alderaan, voidstar, and most circumstances, yes. anywhere else where a major knockback can make a strategic difference, no. Ive destroyed marauders on my merc, and ive destroyed mercs on my marauder. the only time i didnt destroy a marauder in huttball, as far as i can remember, is when the bastard popped undying rage and stayed alive for the last few seconds till the match ended.

Apart from the ramp scenario I would have to agree with this (assuming strictly 1v1 with no outside help)

Not to take anything away from skilled mercs though. The damage these boys can do is pretty significant.

I would like to gear out a marauder and merc at some point, but my main is just too cool :) (and happens to stick it to the massive influx of marauders :p)

Edited by Kalliadies

Force Camo is a 45 second skill that I use to interrupt, counter KBs, or escape. If I'm tackling a Merc on the ramps, it's not on CD.

marauder force charges you on ramp-

rocket punch off-stack tracers

marauder uses force camo, interrupts tracer stack, force charges back up-

jet blast-electro dart-re apply stacks-he tries running up the ramp, root him with unload-

at this point hes probably popped undying rage, merc can use power surge, instant heal himself, back into rotation.

obviously this situation would not be constant and would be mixed up with other variables/buffs, but the point is that foce camo will have already been used/wasted and that merc will be able to keep wailing on him with relative ease (not to mention how rediculously quickly mercs can stack tracers with a decent alacrity relic).

Edited by DarthPunitor

Apart from the ramp scenario I would have to agree with this (assuming strictly 1v1 with no outside help)

Not to take anything away from skilled mercs though. The damage these boys can do is pretty significant.

I would like to gear out a marauder and merc at some point, but my main is just too cool :) (and happens to stick it to the massive influx of marauders :p)

And how many 1v1's are there in a warzone anyway?

The merc is simply immortal and the most devastating thing in a warzone when not being focused. Ive seen level 17 mercs top damage charts in the lower bracket.

The merc is simply immortal and the most devastating thing in a warzone when not being focused. Ive seen level 17 mercs top damage charts in the lower bracket.

Very true, I wasnt presuming to comment on anything outside of a 1 v 1 (which is rare as you pointed out).

I am all too aware that tanks and healers supporting a Merc is down right scary.

your names are familiar to me. Swiftsure right? (must be swiftsure from your comment, there are alot of marauders rolling. I've seen maybe 3 good ones since launch)

Edited by Kalliadies

in alderaan, voidstar, and most circumstances, yes. anywhere else where a major knockback can make a strategic difference, no. Ive destroyed marauders on my merc, and ive destroyed mercs on my marauder. the only time i didnt destroy a marauder in huttball, as far as i can remember, is when the bastard popped undying rage and stayed alive for the last few seconds till the match ended.

I'll respectfully disagree. The only time I believe a Merc would easily destroy a Marauder is if

1. Every knockback launches the Marauder off the ramp (Highly unlikely if the Mara is competent)

2. The Undying Rage, Force Camo, and Frenzy is on CD (Only after a close fight)

or

3. A knockback means certain death.

Every other time, the hardyness+ability to get back to the target with Force Camo+Frenzy+Charge gives me enough tools to beat a Merc.

Am I undefeated against them? Of course not, but I tend to engage them when I shouldn't. When I have all my CDs, a Merc is 100% dead.

Edited by jitsuo

Gunslinger/Sniper and of those 2 Gunslinger due to screwed up game mechanics and animations.

I have one of every character...and Gunslinger is by far the hardest to play, but can also be very rewarding if played well and left alone to rain down havok...but once someone notices your, unless you have heals, your dead.

i tend to agree all we would need is some good escape moves like buffing up shield probe and we could try to run but one your spoted your pretty much toast in pvp.

marauder force charges you on ramp-

rocket punch off-stack tracers

marauder uses force camo, interrupts tracer stack, force charges back up-

jet blast-electro dart-re apply stacks-he tries running up the ramp, root him with unload-

at this point hes probably popped undying rage, merc can use power surge, instant heal himself, back into rotation.

obviously this situation would not be constant and would be mixed up with other variables/buffs, but the point is that foce camo will have already been used/wasted and that merc will be able to keep wailing on him with relative ease (not to mention how rediculously quickly mercs can stack tracers with a decent alacrity relic).

A good Marauder wouldn't Charge up the ramps unless he must

Rocket Punch barely works when a Marauder knows how to position himself.

Predation allows you to LOS with only 1 Tracer stack in the worst case scenario.

I doubt you'd do enough damage to cause a Mara to pop Undying in the time it takes to get up the ramp.

Singular battles in a group? A lot actually, there are quite a few times that a Merc and I can fight in a group with little interruption.

i tend to agree all we would need is some good escape moves like buffing up shield probe and we could try to run but one your spoted your pretty much toast in pvp.

As I understand it (sniper is my main) Our Primary attribute isn't being calculated into the shield probes strength (probe scales with healing bonus which we dont get from our primary stat..). I dont know if this was an oversight or intended. I combine shield with Power adrenlas/relics to enhance them.

Other than that, the changes made to sniper for 1.2 are fantastic. Cover while rooted is a massive win for us, and was one of our major flaws.

I was of the opinion our defensive cooldowns were the weakest in the game while I was still a greenhorn, but having played sniper since early access I can tell you we are no where near as weak as people have been lead to believe.

Edited by Kalliadies

As I understand it (sniper is my main) Our Primary attribute isn't being calculated into the shield probes strength (probe scales with healing bonus which we dont get from our primary stat..). If this gets changed it will be in a nice place

Other than that, the changes made to sniper for 1.2 are fantastic. Cover while rooted is a massive win for us, and was one of our major flaws.

I was of the opinion our defensive cooldowns were the weakest in the game while I was still a greenhorn, but having played sniper since early access I can tell you we are no where near as weak as people have been lead to believe.

Honestly, I have them picked as the next top class. They're beasts when played well and hard counter Marauders and PT's. Sorcerers get rolled up and tossed out by them and their interrupts wreck Mercs. If they get a way to counter stealth users, they'll be scary good.

Honestly, I have them picked as the next top class. They're beasts when played well and hard counter Marauders and PT's. Sorcerers get rolled up and tossed out by them and their interrupts wreck Mercs. If they get a way to counter stealth users, they'll be scary good.

You could be right about that.

I am enjoying being out of the spot light for now. Our strengths have been cloaked pretty well from players eyes due to our subtleness on the scoreboard (people tend to see damage done and kills, these are inflated values) and players writing us off as weak.

but with so many more people rolling marauders, they will certainly start to notice.

Edited by Kalliadies

Only when you're focus or rage spec, which requires little skill to put up big numbers.

I tried the focus spec before and I was literally just clicking all my talents the whole time, didn't even have a hand on the keyboard and was pulling off 250-400k warzones with ease. I was laughing my *** off the entire time, just rolling through other players throwing them in stasis, exhaustion leaping to something and hitting them with massive 5k+ bombs. So ridiculously easy.

The tree itself is too easy, so yeah I agree that it's a L2P issue. The skill-gap in this game is one of the lowest I've seen. With 1 button spamming champions and 1 button killing ponies (Smash and Sweep) it's like I'm playing Dragon Age 2 Online.

That's what all bad Rage spec juggernauts say. The difference between a competent one and a lolsmasher is huge.

You think it's harder to play a commando or sniper? Or any dps class for that matter. They're all ridicilously easy, even marauders, though annihilation has many buttons to press in it's prio system. Not that i found that spec to be hard either.

I face all these other battlemaster rage specs all the time and compeletly destroy most of them on account of them having absolutely no clue on how to actually use ALL their abilities. It's laughable how terrible ppl are at this game.

That's what all bad Rage spec juggernauts say. The difference between a competent one and a lolsmasher is huge.

You think it's harder to play a commando or sniper? Or any dps class for that matter. They're all ridicilously easy, even marauders, though annihilation has many buttons to press in it's prio system. Not that i found that spec to be hard either.

I face all these other battlemaster rage specs all the time and compeletly destroy most of them on account of them having absolutely no clue on how to actually use ALL their abilities. It's laughable how terrible ppl are at this game.

Push, guard, taunt, intercede and obliterate opens up some nice possibilities. Jump up and force push at the apex to reach targets up on ledges, push people to use them as free rides in huttball, push people where you want them to go, no lol 15 second aoe knockback.

Obliterate up small ledges, obliterate counter an knockback for instant teleport, leverage obliterate speed buff to negotiate a fire hazard etc.

Push, guard, taunt, intercede and obliterate opens up some nice possibilities. Jump up and force push at the apex to reach targets up on ledges, push people to use them as free rides in huttball, push people where you want them to go, no lol 15 second aoe knockback.

Obliterate up small ledges, obliterate counter an knockback for instant teleport, leverage obliterate speed buff to negotiate a fire hazard etc.

I agree. Rage Juggies are incredibly amazing in Huttball. With 2 leaps, intercede, and Force Push, they're scary good ball carriers.

Honestly I feel all classes are scary good in their own way. It is one thing I LOVE about this game.

Any class geared right and played well to their strengths is amazing.

Most of the population is only looking for a 1 class beats all.

I only have one heavily geared 50 (my main), but I have messed around with most AC's and found them all to be scary.

At this rate, I will end up with lvl 50s of each AC

Edited by Kalliadies

Honestly I feel all classes are scary good in their own way. It is one thing I LOVE about this game.

Any class geared right and played well to their strengths is amazing.

Most of the population is only looking for a 1 class beats all.

I only have one heavily geared 50 (my main), but I have messed around with most AC's and found them all to be scary.

At this rate, I will end up with lvl 50s of each AC

Fully agreed, skilled players will maximize the best of every class.

And to jistuo, I guess you can just say there are no decent marauders on my server because I dont find them particularly more difficult than i would, say, a scoundrel who gets the jump on you.