Where is the Story going?

Acheilus

In the months, years, and patches to come, where is the story going? How do you think Bioware will expand the lore of this game? Also, who is the central villain? Darth Malgus? I am just curious to see where you think Bioware will go with the stories, and how?

In the months, years, and patches to come, where is the story going? How do you think Bioware will expand the lore of this game? Also, who is the central villain? Darth Malgus? I am just curious to see where you think Bioware will go with the stories, and how?

The story with Darth Malgus is resolved.

Yeah I suspect Revan will play some kind of role in the future patches, but I suspect they'll save him for 'way' later (like 1.5 and beyond).

I know for a fact the Dread Masters will be very important in Patch 1.3 and maybe beyond. They're sort of part of the 1.2 Operation, in a kind of behind the scenes way. So I suspect theyll either be the 1.3 Ops final boss, or they may last even longer. Kind of like the Illidan on TBC, the boss of Explosive Conflict works for the Dread Masters

I wonder if us inquisitors get a shot at emperor title, after all conversations with Ashara kind of hinted at it. She thinks I would make a better emperor..

Nah if any class is going to get a shot at being the Emperor in the future it will be the Jedi Knight. Inquisitor's story expansion will probably be dealing with whoever Darth Thanaton's ally was.

I'm pretty sure both factions are headed for an ultimate showdown with the Emperor, he's too dangerous to be left unchecked.

We should also see an increase in the all out war with the Republic winning some major battles and the Empire winning some too(the reason the Republic is "winning" in the story now is the Empire was on the verge of winning outright before Revan worked his mojo on the Emperor and the Treaty was brokered).

The Dread Masters will be coming back to haunt those Imperials who set them free, and the rest of the galaxy for a while for a while. I also doubt we've seen or heard the last of Revan and Malgus. It would be interesting if we had a faction within a faction going on with Malgus' splinter Empire versus the Emperor's.

As for the individual class stories, I have no idea. I really can't wait to see what they do with the SW though, I really enjoyed the class story because is was so completely Sith like.

The ending to the SW's story set it up for the SW to become one of the most dangerous beings in the galaxy and would like to see BW explore that. I mean, the Emperor's Wrath unleashed and set upon the task of revenge in the Emperor's name? I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to get caught in the Wrath's wake.

Edited by Temeluchus

he fell i highly doubt that he is dead i mean maul is alive after being choped in half and thrown down a hole.

Indeed, I would be really disappointed in BW if they have decided to kill one of the major characters in the Old Republic era.

Especially if Revan is really dead.

Edited by Empha

Indeed, I would be really disappointed in BW if they have decided to kill one of the major characters in the Old Republic era.

i think he is dead but i do think that he may come back as a ghost guideing players in the future.

Well, if you play the Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior story...

The Emperor who the Jedi Knight thinks he has killed is still very much alive, in fact he has never been in the known galaxy since the Treaty of Coruscant. Plot Twist! :eek:

To expand on what I've just said: If you play the JK story you know in Chapter 3 that the Emperor tried to kill billions of lives on Voss, Correlia, and Belsavis in order to perform a Darkside ritual that will make him immortal. You, of course foil his plans and confront him on Dromund Kass. Before the final battle if you choose to ask him why he is doing this he'll explain a portion of his plan to you. How with the power of immortality he can be anyone he wants and do whatever he pleases.

He also says that they are more galaxies outside the known one that he will ravage once he defeats you and performs another ritual, but little does the JK know is that the person he has defeated is only the Voice of the Emperor. (Basically, a connection the Emperor has to the known galaxy.)

Sometime in the Sith Warrior story you are told that the Emperor has been killed by a Jedi Knight, but are later told by Savant One and Two that the Jedi Knight has only slain the Emperor's Voice and that the Emperor hasn't been in the galaxy since the Treaty of Coruscant.

Only time will tell what the Emperor has in store for when he makes his return. :jawa_eek:

Well, judging from the patch notes the Dread Masters are going to start trouble across the galaxy, likely so that the Emperor can keep everyone distracted while he recovers from his showdown with the Jedi Knight.

Well, judging from the patch notes the Dread Masters are going to start trouble across the galaxy, likely so that the Emperor can keep everyone distracted while he recovers from his showdown with the Jedi Knight.

This^ and the Genoharidans return as well.

For the SW I think he will be told by the Hand to strike a blow to the Republic, Attacking some of the member of the Jedi council Maybe

and we will probably

Get proper revenge on Quinn

The SW should get Satele or Revan, the Sith Inquisitor should get a shot at the Emperor title and fail.

Nah if any class is going to get a shot at being the Emperor in the future it will be the Jedi Knight. Inquisitor's story expansion will probably be dealing with whoever Darth Thanaton's ally was.

Nah, The Knight offing the Emperor opens up that seat of power. It would be great if the SI could step in and take over. I can't really see a Jedi taking over the Sith Empire.

Nah, The Knight offing the Emperor opens up that seat of power. It would be great if the SI could step in and take over. I can't really see a Jedi taking over the Sith Empire.

Lord Scourge's vision is pretty clear. The Jedi Knight is destined to kill the Emperor with Scourge's help and then take the Emperor's position/power for himself. That is basically the only way the vision can be interpreted....unless the Emperor's true body wears a crown that the Jedi Knight takes as a trophy after killing him, which would be the lamest way to resolve the vision.

My guess is:

In the Jedi Knight interlude you realise since the death of the voice of the emperor died the Children of the Emperor have been hearing voices.

I reckon these voices were The Emperor, Baras and Revan as the Emperor was bonded to Revan and Baras.

Lord Scourge's vision is pretty clear. The Jedi Knight is destined to kill the Emperor with Scourge's help and then take the Emperor's position/power for himself. That is basically the only way the vision can be interpreted....unless the Emperor's true body wears a crown that the Jedi Knight takes as a trophy after killing him, which would be the lamest way to resolve the vision.

Vision are never certian.

My guess is:

In the Jedi Knight interlude you realise since the death of the voice of the emperor died the Children of the Emperor have been hearing voices.

I reckon these voices were The Emperor, Baras and Revan as the Emperor was bonded to Revan and Baras.

When was the Emperor ever bonded to Baras?

The more I have thought about the ending, especially after several passes thru foundry, the solution that most agrees with me is that Revan became one with the force, like Obi-Wan will in the future etc. This means that he may return as a force ghost later on. Im pretty sure he had the expertise and mental strength to do it.

Although his final words "as darkness takes me", imply that he expected to die and not meld with the force.. *shrug*

I would be disappointed if jedi knight got a chance to off the emperor without going thru me.. I mean my inquisitor first. Considering I sit on the second highest ladder now. We certainly could use some more insight into the emperor and his plans, even if we wouldnt get a chance to kill him.

I hope that Satele Shan is not killed off, I think shes the most bad*** jedi character in a long while, and it would be a shame to off her too easily. However, my inquisitor would welcome the chance to fight some more jedi with dialog lines. There was far too little of it in the class storyarc.

Edited by Karkais