Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Nerf Gravity Round, FFS!

Coyotecalls

How many threads do we have to make? Is gravity round just ripping people apart "working as intended" are they the flavor of the month class or something? Troopers are INSANE you can't kill them, they kill almost everyone in seconds and they can stun you and heal themselves back to full health while having on heavy armor.

I don't even bother trying to kill them any more. They have so much burst and damage reduction I can't possibly take them down. They blow through my static shield on the first grave round.

Nerf druids! I mean.. troopers!

Edited by Coyotecalls

How many threads do we have to make? Is gravity round just ripping people apart "working as intended" are they the flavor of the month class or something? Troopers are INSANE you can't kill them, they kill almost everyone in seconds and they can stun you and heal themselves back to full health while having on heavy armor.

Nerf druids! I mean.. troopers!

Postin' in a roll bread.

They blow through my static shield on the first grave round.

This is why you can't kill them, are you by any chance spamming force lighting?

my sniper can annihilate troopers/mercs that grav/tracer spam.

I'm not trying to insult you but if your in pre-50's bracket as a sorc you should be able to interupt and cc them with easy.:eek:

Don't have any problems with them... interrupt and they are just sitting ducks. If you ignore them of course they are gonna own you... all dps classes are.

Dude, I have three interrupt. I use one. They wait 2 seconds then just cast it again. Half the time I interrupt them and it does -nothing-. When they are casting Grave-round they are immune to knockbacks so one of my interrupts doesn't even work on them.

Less QQ

More interrupt.

Seriously, grav rounders (and their tracer missile compatriots) are often so bloody slow that once their rotation is interrupted once they don't know quite what to do. Not that every trooper and merc is a blithering idiot, but these are NOT the overpowered classes you are looking for.

why do that when you can post a qq on the forums about it...

Because Grav round isn't being nerfed in 1.2 and it's what is ripping people apart? It's a freaking 'Win button.' PVP has devolved into which team has the most Trooper or Sorcerers depending on which side you are fighting against. Who ever has the most wins.

Interrupt them how? I've tried over and over again and the only thing it does is make them start the cycle over again. We had at least 3 sorcs trying to interrupt one using jolt and it never worked. Just kept right on firing killing everyone and taking almost no damage. And yes I realize they have an ability that makes them immune to interrupts when their shield is activated but that is only for up to 10 seconds (at least the bounty hunter one is) not forever.

Because Grav round isn't being nerfed in 1.2 and it's what is ripping people apart? It's a freaking 'Win button.' PVP has devolved into which team has the most Trooper or Sorcerers depending on which side you are fighting against. Who ever has the most wins.

So wait... Troopers are ovpowered, but it's Troopers and Sorcs that are deciding the game?

If Troopers are as powerful as you say, then should they and BHs (Mercs specifically) be the only classes that matter?

Others have said it but i'll chime in too: interrupt. They have a very clear and obvious "rotation" (i'm talking bad ones here) and once you break the GR/TM train they tend to fall apart. A really good Merc/Commando can certainly still defeat you -- but a good player of any class can do so.

I have Electrocute, which is a stun for 3 seconds, Jolt which is an interrupt, and if they are close I can Overload and knock them back, only they usually only work 10% of the time against a trooper. The "They are locked out of casting that spell for 4 seconds" part -NEVER- works. They cast it again after the global cooldown.

I'm a bit confused by this your saying sorcs are OP but you can win fight when you play on one?:confused:

TRy useing jolt 4 sec lock out and half abar of resolve then electracute another 4 sec spell lockout if you can't kill a grav spammer when there just sitting there waiting for spam missile to be ready then your playing your class very wrong.

I love interrupting tracer spammers and they just sit there waiting for the lockout to finish...

Most, not all mind you, have no idea what to do if you just get on them and pressure them. I picture them literally having a max of 3 buttons on their quick bars, lol.

I have Electrocute, which is a stun for 3 seconds, Jolt which is an interrupt, and if they are close I can Overload and knock them back, only they usually only work 10% of the time against a trooper. The "They are locked out of casting that spell for 4 seconds" part -NEVER- works. They cast it again after the global cooldown.

If you are locking out Grav Round/Tracer Missile and still taking damage then you are getting hit with HSM or the Trooper Equivalent (Demo Round?) or possibly Unload or trooper equal. Then they are going back to Grav Round. Troopers are not magically immune to interrupts and a good one is watching for it and quickly switches to other abilities.

If you are locking out Grav Round/Tracer Missile and still taking damage then you are getting hit with HSM or the Trooper Equivalent (Demo Round?) or possibly Unload or trooper equal. Then they are going back to Grav Round. Troopers are not magically immune to interrupts and a good one is watching for it and quickly switches to other abilities.

Yes, and as a good sorc I am watching what they are casting. They cast Grav round. I interrupt, they wait a global then they cast it again and I electrocute them, they wait a global and they cast it again so the best I can do is waste two globals making them waste two globals.

Edited by Coyotecalls

You do realize that trooper/BH are seriously already nerfed, slow timers for activatoin and no reall cc ability, besides what level of play are you talking about, take away bolstered stats and you see gravity round is weak...lol...

You do realize that trooper/BH are seriously already nerfed, slow timers for activatoin and no reall cc ability, besides what level of play are you talking about, take away bolstered stats and you see gravity round is weak...lol...

mm, no. Learn to read patch note.

Also they do have CC.

I wonder why sniper gets to sit in cover like duck and wear medium armor while commando can just spam one button and get similar dps, and occasionally heal up themselves. Is it because sniper can flash bang and interrupt just like every other class? That's a hefty price to pay.

My mind is blown by the fact that people take threads like these seriously.

HAHA yeah people cry so much its insanely funny read about whiners on here, actually the whole game needs a nerf before upcoming patch and after,, I'm not sure who's in charge Marketing are developers, You got some Poor basement kid playing and he getting tried of getting hammered by a trooper are BH,, Didnot they ever tell you to stay away from kids like that, If you dont like grav round, just avoid it...lol

"Grav Round has been rebalanced. It now costs 2 Energy Cells, has a 2-second activation time, and deals approximately 10% less damage."

From the 1.2 patch notes. I could go find the exact same sentence under Mercenary: Arsenal, but all it would say is "Tracer Missile... ibidem." Also, if you're not interrupting Grav round/Tracer missile (as an aside, they need to rename Grav round because it has nothing to do with gravity), even though you're pressing your interrupt... it means you are too slow and by the time the sever registers the interrupt as hitting, the server registers the cast as already finished.

TL;DR It's not Troopers/Bounty Hunters. It's you. Stop being bad.

If you're not getting the 4 second lockout, then you're missing the cast and your interrupt (jolt) is landing AFTER their cast timer is complete. With the lag in PvP, it may appear that they're still casting when they're already done. Grav/tracer is so fast (1.5 sec) that you have to be right on top of it or you'll miss it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.