Legacy Unlock: Datacrons

DoctorSeven

Something I'm surprised hasn't already been added to the Legacy system is the addition of unlocked datacrons across accounts. Getting 67/67 is a pretty tiresome ordeal and doing it all over again on other characters isn't something I'm looking forward to.

How about through the Legacy system you keep all the previously discovered datacrons unlocked across your account, rather than character?

If you get each one as you go - it's nothing. It astounds me to no end how people want everything for free all the time.

You have a toon - you get the datacrons for that toon.

You make an alt and all of a sudden you can't be bothered to get the datacrons?

Funny - it was easier the second time for me. Even more so the third time. Now I can jump around in this game better than most.

Get them as you go and stop being a member of the I-deserve-everything-for-free generation.

<sarcasm> Or wait!!! Even better... why don't we jsut give you all level 50 characters right off the bat when you log onto a server. You won't have to level anymore! </sarcasm>

If you get each one as you go - it's nothing. It astounds me to no end how people want everything for free all the time.

You have a toon - you get the datacrons for that toon.

You make an alt and all of a sudden you can't be bothered to get the datacrons?

Funny - it was easier the second time for me. Even more so the third time. Now I can jump around in this game better than most.

Get them as you go and stop being a member of the I-deserve-everything-for-free generation.

<sarcasm> Or wait!!! Even better... why don't we jsut give you all level 50 characters right off the bat when you log onto a server. You won't have to level anymore! </sarcasm>

How is it getting them "for free" when you still have to unlock them? All it does is save you having to go through the 10+ hour grind on each of your alts which, while maybe kind of fun for the first bit unlocking the lore, loses it's appeal instantly when you have to do it all over again.

Edited by DoctorSeven

How is it getting them "for free" when you still have to unlock them? All it does is save you having to go through the 10+ hour grind on each of your alts which, while maybe kind of fun for the first bit unlocking the lore, loses it's appeal instantly when you have to do it all over again.

For you. Never forget that. The way you feel is not the way everyone feels. It may be possible you are in the majority here, but you don't and can't know that. It's very likely there are people who enjoy going out and collecting the Datacrons on each character.

Personally, I could take it either way, but never assume to be representative of the community as a whole. For any opinion someone has, there's generally a significant amount of people who disagree, and and even greater amount of people who just don't care either way.

I'm not saying that's a reason not to make a change, if it were no change would ever be made. I'm just saying be careful how you represent yourself and your opinions. The person above simply disagrees with you. He thinks each character should have to unlock each datacron. He's not wrong, it's just his opinion.

I've collected all relevant datacrons on 5 characters, enjoyed the challenges that are sometimes presented.

What I am most dissapointed about is the fact that although I have collected all the colour shards i will not be able to obtain the +10 to all stats because I dont have 6-8 friends playing that it takes to obtain it. Once again the benefits provided for large group players is a slap in the face to those that solo or play with 1-2 friends.

Edited by NoxiousAlby

For you. Never forget that. The way you feel is not the way everyone feels. It may be possible you are in the majority here, but you don't and can't know that. It's very likely there are people who enjoy going out and collecting the Datacrons on each character.

Personally, I could take it either way, but never assume to be representative of the community as a whole. For any opinion someone has, there's generally a significant amount of people who disagree, and and even greater amount of people who just don't care either way.

I'm not saying that's a reason not to make a change, if it were no change would ever be made. I'm just saying be careful how you represent yourself and your opinions. The person above simply disagrees with you. He thinks each character should have to unlock each datacron. He's not wrong, it's just his opinion.

While that maybe so it's most certainly not "for free" by any sort. Having first to unlock an appropriate Legacy level and also having to still find the datacrons.

I've collected all relevant datacrons on 5 characters, enjoyed the challenges that are sometimes presented.

What I am most dissapointed about is the fact that although I have collected all the colour shards i will not be able to obtain the +10 to all stats because I dont have 6-8 friends playing that it takes to obtain it. Once again the benefits provided for large group players is a slap in the face to those that solo or play with 1-2 friends.

I wouldn't worry about it. The +10 datacron is an unfun ordeal and a half because the MGGS is utterly broken and does not work properly at all.

Edited by DoctorSeven

I support it. Either tie it to legacy or increase the stat bonusses back to pre nerf values. As it is i am very annoyed whenever i do it, since part of me tells me the reward is nowhere near worth the effort and time (belsavis rakata power cores, hoth ancient probe, correlia droid jumping....), while another part of me won't simply let me ignore it and not grab them.