Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have seen There is some sort of grace period.

Today I had to wait in a queue to log in. I starter off as 213 in the queue. About 10 mins into playing my router reset itself and I dc'ed.

Logging back in though, I didn't have to queue and could log back in no problem.

Just in a Flashpoint and got dc'd for no more than 3 minutes, now waiting in the queue to get back in again. No doubt my new friends will have kicked me and will be finishing the FP without me. Really hacked off as I had to wait over an hour to play today anyways.

Sort it out BW, its not fair that I queue to get in then get penalized for a momentary flicker of internet. Ruining my experience at the moment.

Bioware...EA...after my last post, reconnected for 3 minutes, got DC'd again for no reason, logged literally straight back in, only to be put at the back of a 160 person queue.

I will not be subscribing to your badly designed game. The game itself is great, but this is a deal breaker for me.

I'm off to play WoW, at least that works.

my client crashed a couple of days ago, some bug with givign a gift to my companion, and i was forced to wait 3hrs in a queue to get back on, every game ive played that has a queue system, also has a grace period, it seems that bioware spent too much time on the storylines, and voice acting, and not enough time on the basics

Ive been disconnected 4 times today, being the first times ive ever disconnected (including beta) I Understand the server is under heavy load (heavy/full) but why the disconnect?

I was about to walk out the spaceport into Alderaan, then disconnected, the queue position is 176 (the first 3 disconnects had varying queues from 3-20)

BLARGH I waited an hour to get in, then my internet cut out for some reason and now I'm at the back of the line.

That stings reeeal bad. I bet the OR team is going through cartons of cigarettes and an equal amount of coffee. :csw_c3po::csw_c3po:

Even just a 10minute time window would be enough alrdy to restart client/pc if needed.

With the queues on servers it's just not acceptable after a crash that you have to wait another 1/2hours to get back into playing.

So Bump! and get back to us bioware.

If queues disappear (wich i hope lol) this isnt required anymore though.

+1

This is so incredibly enraging...

I don't understand why it should be so difficult to implement, the logic is sound:

[if the player has not exited the game by either using the ESC menu,and chooing logout or exit, or if he didn't exit the game using ALT+F4]             ||             ||            \  /             \/[The player was disconnected due to loss in internet connectivity or CTD]             ||             ||            \  /             \/[Add the player to a grace period list for n-minutes]

I don't understand why it should be so difficult to implement, the logic is sound:

Or even simpler, if one tries to reconnect within five minutes of disconnecting, there is no queue, regardless of how he left. It would help you if you were forced to restart the game due to a glitch as well.

I am shocked that there isn't already a grace period feature built into the game. I took off work today and tomorrow expecting to get a ton of play time in. Instead I've spent nearly an hour waiting in queue due to a client crash.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.