Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

The lack of a grace period destroys groups, frustrates guilds, and will make operations pretty much impossible.

It happened twice and twice I had more than 2 hours estimated waiting time (real time 5-6 hours, also because support is doing nothing to autorun players all over the maps). It's a shame.

It's also annoying when you are grouped with random players, having then no chance to say "sorry I got dc".

It seems that dc happens to who is really playing and doesn't to who abuse autorun.

During week it was impossible play in the evenings because of the queues, during weekends dc with no grace period.

This should have been fixed asap. It was not really professional.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting for Yellow Post about that... It must be first thing to fix. If you let the char doing nothing game takes you to char selection screen, you are not even disconnected if you are AFK... and if a crash happens, when you are really playing, you have to do an endless queue... BW, please FIX THIS FIRST!!!!!:mad:

This is incorrect. After certain time being AFK, you get kicked to char selection screen. After a while you're also kicked from there (Server Error X).

Can we get an official reply here Bioware?

This one of the, if not most, pressing issues of the launch.

The que is bad enough. Getting one of the various game Errors or a DC just to be put back in that same que, is unacceptable.

It seems I missed this thread as I posted in a different forum area. I then got a yellow post pointing me to a thread which was locked but which had a yellow post pointing me here.

My original post was

"

Seeing as it looks as though Biowares suggested fix for avoiding queues is to move servers which isn't going to happen for most guilds (mainly because ALL the servers are full) and people are suffering constant disconnects or for others every hour or so.

A suggestion/request.

Incorporate into your queue system a check to see if the account connecting was playing within the last 10 minutes - If so move to position 10 in the queue or as far towards the front that will avoid most of the queue time but not impact the people about to connect.

I'm getting sick and tired of waiting 30minutes to 2hours to get into the game to be kicked out half hour later and then have to wait another 30minutes to 2 hours to get BACK IN.

This was something that plagued WoW for a good year long period when it was reaching its peak of popularity before they invested into the server infrastructure. yet it was something they never did.

Please please please. if your not going to be getting rid of the queues at least make it so people who get disconnected don't have to wait another extended period of time to reconnect. OR even better implement an auto reconnect which WOW finally got around to doing after about 4 years..

"

Today as an example,

I had a 2 hour (give or take 10 minutes) wait to connect. I played for 20 minutes then got error 9000 (The D/C one) at which point I had to wait 45 minutes to get back in, I played for around an hour then got the black screen issue which happens when joining groups (first time for me) so I had to alt+f4 my game, Now I've been waiting for an hour and 20 minutes and am still 120 in the queue.

Some form of queuing system or auto-reconnect grace period is definitely needed.

TL: DR

I suggest a queue jumping system for d/c accounts.

Today I've played for just over an hour but spent 4 hours waiting to connect over 3 goes.

Edited by JuneauDaley

it seems they've added some sort of grace-period, i dc'd twice yesterday, both times when i tried to relog i got placed as #1 in queue

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

280 people to go. Crashed and almost 1h20m on queue.

Well I sent in a ticket asking what's going to happen after the 20th when were paying for a service which there not providing.

I don't mind having to queue for a little bit as I can start PC up hit login, go grab a drink, check emails etc..etc.. But when you can only play for a few hours after work/uni etc.. but you have to wait 2 hours to connect. Your not exactly getting what your paying for.

Yeah, give us that grace period of say a minute. It is ridiculous if you crash randomly and then have to wait AGAIN for more than 3 hours (Legions of Lettow).

And also, LOCK playercreation on the servers that are having those massive queues. If you dont already got a character on it, then you shouldnt be able to create one there until the queues arent as big anymore.

Edited by Sheduur

I am playing on Legion of Lettow" EU PvP server. There are always atleast 1200-1500 people in the queue. This is getting to the point of madness.

Y/day it wasnt that bad, 1200 people infront of me.. Went out for dinner witha few friends and came back and saw a whole movie (Tropic Thunder, okay i admit it's not the longest movie) - But by then i still hadnt gotten in.

And today I am No. 1571... Estimated time is 1hr and 30min which is no where near the time i am gonna be spending in the queue.

On top of that (although i havent DCed much) it gets me scared thinking that if i should DC i have a 3+ hr queue infront of me again...

Grace period, I second that.

If this doesnt change I'll just wait with entering my retail key after 22 of December until they fix the queue and give us grace period after disconnect.

I dont exacly understand thats the issue with the queue times, game world if heavly instanced, every open world area has from 3 to 10 instances, would it change anything if there were 15 instances? They're on seperate server's anyways.